Wal-Mart Restock

CapnJeffro

So I stroll into my local Wal-Mart at 1:30 AM today looking for a possible TAC restock. I was presently surprised, but not the way you would think. The '06 Saga figures were restocked and I snagged a Commander Appo, Scorch, Sandtrooper (Black pauldron), 2 Elite Clone Troopers, and Darth Vader's Astromech. The only TAC they had was Darth Vader with the coin album and the Treachery on Saleucami. Just a heads up to anybody looking Wal-Mart is throwing up last years waves.

Yeah, I reported this a couple weeks ago.

Turns out Saga (06) and Saga Legends (07) share the same assortment number so stores will continue to carry 06 until the stock that is in circulation dries up (which may be a while as Hasbro released a new wave revision about a month ago).

TAC is hard to come by and stores are restocking with what they are getting, but I know my store is basically taking what we can get, and Walmart is having issues keeping up with demand.

Better than my local Walmart. Someone must have recently returned (or perhaps they found a whole lot in the back somewhere) a whole buch of RotS figures. I was shocked to see the packages of some SW figures from two years ago on the shelf. Too bad it was all crap figures.

This is happening everywhere, not just Walmart. TRU is getting these older TSC figure cases on an average of 4 cases to every 1 case of TAC figures. Interestingly, the TSC figures have an SKU number in our computers that begins with 3XXXXX, while the TAC figures have an SKU number beginning with 6XXXXX. But according to what's sitting in our distribution centers, we're still sitting on about 300 cases of TSC stuff and only about 71 cases of newer TAC figures. So we'll be seeing TSC for quite a while yet.

I think it is all of those scalpers who couldn't sell their cases on ebay so what you are seeing are the returns.

Umm...Scalpers can't return stuff TO THE WAREHOUSES. We understand your stance on scalpers, but they are not the root of all evils for a toyline. Fact is, Hasbro made a lot of 2006 stuff, which may well have been a good thing as those leftovers are about the only thing that's keeping Star Wars in stock at many stores.

I think it is all of those scalpers who couldn't sell their cases on ebay so what you are seeing are the returns.

Umm...Scalpers can't return stuff TO THE WAREHOUSES. We understand your stance on scalpers, but they are not the root of all evils for a toyline. Fact is, Hasbro made a lot of 2006 stuff, which may well have been a good thing as those leftovers are about the only thing that's keeping Star Wars in stock at many stores.

i dont think its so much a good thing if stores were not over run with saga then they would buy more tac so instead of seeing pegs full of stuff most of us already have plenty of then we whould be seeing pegs full of death star troopers and rebel honer guard and it would be like that song big rock candy moutain( you know were the cops all have wooden legs and the jails are made of tin,rivers made of wiskey and all the stuff hobos dream of)

Well the original post was about seeing the restock in stores, I don't remember anything about warehouses. Also it the toy manager at my particular walmart that clued me in on the whole scalper scam and using the 90 day return policy to their advantage. With that in mind, that is the bases of my post.

Well the original post was about seeing the restock in stores, I don't remember anything about warehouses. Also it the toy manager at my particular walmart that clued me in on the whole scalper scam and using the 90 day return policy to their advantage. With that in mind, that is the bases of my post.

I see, and I do suspect that you might be seeing that in some areas (from accounts, yours)

However, at the VOLUME and the pieces being found (I, myself have seen 3 Appos in the past two weeks, and I couldn't find one at all at Christmas), it still comes down to that stores have a lot of 06 product, and I don't know any scalper that is going to let go of troops. Of all Star Wars figures, your troops are the bread and butter to any secondary market seller.

i dont think its so much a good thing if stores were not over run with saga then they would buy more tac so instead of seeing pegs full of stuff most of us already have plenty of then we whould be seeing pegs full of death star troopers and rebel honer guard

WE might already have pelnty of 2006, but keep in mind kids are a major force as well. Waves 7,8, and 9 (plus revisions) of Saga account for more than 30 different figures, some having not been actively shipped since early 2006.

And here anyway, they are SELLING. Those old AT AT Drivers, Hoth R2s, Bespin Vader and Endor C3POs? They are moving at a fairly brisk pace, moreso than the clones (which are actually plentiful again), which means it CAN'T be collectors (troopers maybe, but not the characters). In 2006 we had over a hundred figures available between exclusives, battlepacks, and the mass retail line proper. Kids don't buy as much (per buyer) than collectors, so I don't see these as a significant issue as kids are getting a good chance at figures that were relatively scarce in 2006 (especially wave 9 stuff).

Considering the distro issues Saga had, I fully expect later this year to be filled with a mix of new and old cases as retailers catch up to the 07 line. And if they continue Saga Legends, we may well see some of these into 2008.

I was in Walmart this morning and noticed in the clearance section not one but two Episode 1 Pit droids the large size versions and they till scanned at $20

Another Walmart in the area about two weeks back had another episode 1 item it was an accesory kit for Tatooine

Guest McBragg

Wal-Mart got gobs in, I found Appo...the clones were gone with in 2 weeks, except for the Elite Corp troop i hid and found when I went back last saturday.

Oddly Lava Miner is a hard find. Of course, they haven't shipped that much really.

.......Oddly Lava Miner is a hard find. Of course, they haven't shipped that much really.

He's HTF? Funny, I've found about 4 or 5 of that one, but left it, along with all the R2's and Obi-Wan's. I haven't found clone 1 since the TAC's release, though.

The Han and Yavin Ceremony Luke are starting to look like pegwarmers, too.