GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

I do agree that version 2's take up the slots of some of the other cool characters, but I think hasbro's justification is, that if they released all of the 'best' characters at once, than there subsequent offerings might look weak.

What do you guys think about this?

Well then you have the flip side of that coin, in that if Hasbro think Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, and Duke are their most popular and need to be on the pegs a lot, then why burn through them so quickly? They'll want another SE, another SS, another CC, and another Duke next year and they've already dug pretty deep into the well. I guess though if they needed a wave of figures to buy them time to finish the other ten then it makes sense, but they might have a new problem next year.

That's exactly what I was thinking, as soon as I saw that these were being released.

In case any Hasbro people are watching, I'd still buy those characters if you did new molds for V2 Snake Eyes and V2 Storm Shadow, not to mention Flint. In fact, I'd want those over any of the other versions done from '89 onward.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me a picture of the card back with the next 10 figures filled in, not the shadowed version. Thanks

I know there is no "official" one released. I just want one of the mock-ups. or any pick from the old card back figures. I am looking for the pics of all the figures from 1982-1985.

Thanks

for me one of the reasons why I like the 82-86 figures, is that they looked more realistic and cool than some of the later offerings. Also, I felt the first 50 issues portrayed those characters really well. I feel there is more of a story behind characters like doc, snow job, airborne, ripcord, major bludd etc. than some of the 87 and beyond characters. I like serpentor though, as his character has been iconic in the cartoon and comic. Even DD did an interesting take on him with the cloners.

I do agree that version 2's take up the slots of some of the other cool characters, but I think hasbro's justification is, that if they released all of the 'best' characters at once, than there subsequent offerings might look weak.

What do you guys think about this?

I 110% agree with you. the fisrt 50 issues are great. With the toy line once they introduced the neon color figures like Sci-Fi, they were less realistic. Then off the wall figures like Raptor(sp) and Chuckles. This is why I hated the GI Joe movie. Writing off Cobra Commander was a big mistake. Cobra La was such crap.

If you watch the first 5 Gi Joe Cartoons the Mass Device. Look at how detailed all the background art is. Then watch the Revenge of Cobra/ Weather Dominator and look how crappy the art is. I know the first 5 were what sold the series, but it just like what they do in comics. They start off with a great crew of artists and then mid way they switch to a less talented staff.

One more complaint since I am going off on a roll here. I love the plastic Hasbro used for the original 1982-86+/- figures. Now compare that to the garbage Hasbro used for the 2000+ ARAH figures. There is no comparison.

Thanks for listening to my psycho-babble

Can anyone give me a picture of the card back with the next 10 figures filled in, not the shadowed version. Thanks

I know there is no "official" one released. I just want one of the mock-ups. or any pick from the old card back figures. I am looking for the pics of all the figures from 1982-1985.

Thanks

Here's another "mock-up" of what it APPEARS (to look like) will be in the 15 single packs...

singlecardedah6.png

How's that? :)

Thanks

Here's another "mock-up" of what it APPEARS (to look like) will be in the 15 single packs...

singlecardedah6.png

much Ohio love. Born and raised. Plus I agree with 90% of your posts. Very much enjoyed

much Ohio love. Born and raised.

^_^ cool!

If you've heard of Mt. Vernon, Newark and now Columbus, OHIO...then you've got the entire whereabouts of my life here. Didn't move far.

Plus I agree with 90% of your posts. Very much enjoyed

Great OHIOIANS think alike! ;)

@hmmm@ your $20 is in the mail

much Ohio love. Born and raised.

^_^ cool!

If you've heard of Mt. Vernon, Newark and now Columbus, OHIO...then you've got the entire whereabouts of my life here. Didn't move far.

Plus I agree with 90% of your posts. Very much enjoyed

Great OHIOIANS think alike! ;)

Cleveland area for me, but my wife and half our friends went to Capital Unniversity and OSU. So I have spent many a day in Columbus. Great city, puts Clevo to shame.

@hmmm@ your $20 is in the mail

Thanks

singlecardedah6.png

Way Cool VH! Especially like the Serpentor mock up!

Yeah, although it's a pain in the butt for completionists, I kind of hope that turns out to be true. After a few years, you've got a whole slew of modern Darth Vader figures, and you can choose the best one (which, at last count I believe was the Evolutions version, but I haven't been keeping track for a while). So who knows? If the line really takes off, we'll get a proper Flint at some point! Stranger things have happened...

That's an excellent point my friend. This like, what; only the second new-sculpt Flint we've seen in the last five years? He's long overdue for a few versions. (lol)