GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

Ken, let me ask a few questions here...

When's the last time you posted a compliment on a members custom?

Wished someone a Happy Birthday?

Did ANYTHING of a more DIRECT and PERSONAL communication with another member here, besides trying to CORRECT them on a misassumption or error?

That's all fine and dandy if that's how you want it, but it doesn't seem like you get much out of this "crowd" to begin with, and don't wish to interact with them or participate beyond just being the SUPERIOR intellect, behind all that's involved in action figure collecting.

What the #$## does any of that have to do with my participation in the forums--OR anyone's participation?

Just observation Ken. You're being negative towards the "crowd" here, and I'm wondering what it is that KEEPS you coming back here, if nothing else?

Go back and read some of my posts--there's almost 7000 there. There's compliments, contribution and compassion in there, and in forums you don't even read, #$###.

Hey, I'm not the one posting petty threads about people they don't like ( Rosie O' Donnell).

We're talking in the JOE forums Ken! I don't follow you around to EVERY forum you participate in. I can only evaluate upon what I see of you HERE, and I've made my observation on that already. What you do elsewhere doesn't matter, it's the "crowd" HERE that you've criticized.

I posted about Rosie O'Donnell in the General Discussions forum. She was hot topic for a while and I created a topic on it...petty to YOU, enjoyable for me. To each his own?

Have you ever particpated in the TNI Chat? Ask around if I've been there...........hell, visit the chat itself and ask someone like............oh...... Mike, or Bespin Refugee about any conversations I've had with them. Or ask people whom I've traded with.

You may just learn some surprising things.

I'm not interested in wasting time "educating" myself on the lighter side of ARROW. You spoke of THIS crowd, so I'm reflecting o nthat issue, as you've made it. I'm not traveling to Canada to interview your friends and family THERE either. I truly believe you're a normal human being and have lots of positive qualities I can't see from your character you present us with here, but my best uneducated guess would make me think YES!

That's still not the issue. We're discussing your attitude about the Joe forum "CROWD".

You don't even have an avatar or signature and BLOCK everyone else's, because it's all annoying to you.

Yes, because I USE DIAL-UP!

It IS annoying waiting 5 minutes for a page to load with all the signatures that posters have. I choose to ENJOY the forums, rather than wait for visual clutter. What point would I have in using a avatar or signature myself , if I've toggled them off to begin with?

I have to even weigh looking at threads with pictures because of the load time--so I have pass up on a LOT of custom threads.

I want to read what people have to say, not look at endlessly repeated images in signatures and avatars.

And that's a FAULT in your eyes?? Geezus, you truly are a petty #$###.

You've explained...now I know, and that's fine. Didn't realize! My thoughts were that it was more of an annoyance issue over "visual clutter" than waiting nuisances.

You don't want us to respect the toy industry, so much as I think you just want us to respect YOU! You can make a ton of sense and bring up excellent MATURE points, presenting yourself as quite the informative member sometimes, but then you bury it all in a bunch of nasty, sarcastic rhetoric, like the diatribe you posted above, that it gets totally LOST on the member you're attacking.

This isn't a professional group of G.I.Joe collectors here. We're merely fans and collectors and range from 13 to 50 in age differences.

Of course,.....you would look at it that way..........you think its all about me.

Honestly I don't care if I'm right or wrong, all I've said is that there's an alternative. And the choice is up to the individual to consider. There appears to be some people that are unaware they HAVE a choice.

Not so hard to grasp........but it is....FOR YOU.

Personal bias always colours your thinking--especially with my comments--you've never passed up an opportunity to belittle me. I've long wondered why you just don't ignore what I write, or block my posts? My own conclusion is that you like to slam others--and there's plenty of evidence to support that conclusion.

You have this very deep-seated need to knock-down others.

I don't need to impress anyone, that's NOT why I'm here. I AM impressed by alot of the custom work I see and it inspires me a great deal.

You conclude that silence is equal to disdain--but you assume that.

Is that what you do with anyone else in life? Assume the less of them because they don't voice a compliment?

You ACTIVELY look for negative things in a person?? Maybe a good long look in your own mirror might be in order.

You are advocating bickering, fits and complaining. That's all you've ever seem to "enjoy" in the forums--you even DEFEND IT! I'm not the only voice that thinks that's absurd.

Hey, if you really want to propgate nothing but bitterness and resentment, well, you clearly have all the tools to be very successful at it.

Bah! We're on old shakey grounds now. You simply CANNOT tolerate an ounce of what you dish out. All the psychoanalyzing of each others motives or reasons for liking what we like, disliking what we dislike or being a part of this forum at all, can go on forever. I'm inquiring on your contentious comments against the "crowd" here in the G.I.joe forum, and you're wanting to cite ol battles from political wars PAST.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GUYS, lets keep this on topic and discuss THE 25th ANNIVERSARY FIGURES, not peoples posting habits or their Avatars(or lack of), KEEP IT ON TOPIC, I don't want to whip out the Flame cleaner and clean up all that crap.. so this is the last general warning to all, KEEP ON TOPIC, take the mess to PMs or I'll lock it down and start issuing formal warnings...

-Joe

Quick off topic question... On Entertainment Earth it says that the single packaged figures are stated to be released this month...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...number=HJ63403A

Does that mean we could see them in stores by this month?

Quick off topic question... On Entertainment Earth it says that the single packaged figures are stated to be released this month...

Off topic???

banned.gif

lol...

it's funny, May is listed for the single packs, and June is listed for the 5-packs.. I'm betting it's a mistake, I can't see the single packs coming out first.. someone give them a call...

EDIT:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...umber=HJ63403A1

there's another case that has 2 soldiers per case.. I wonder if hasbro is changing their case assortment around to keep the army builders happy..this case is set for July 2007, so maybe that's the real release date?

Hey GUYS, lets keep this on topic and discuss THE 25th ANNIVERSARY FIGURES, not peoples posting habits or their Avatars(or lack of), KEEP IT ON TOPIC, I don't want to whip out the Flame cleaner and clean up all that crap.. so this is the last general warning to all, KEEP ON TOPIC, take the mess to PMs or I'll lock it down and start issuing formal warnings...

-Joe

AYE! AYE!..CAPT'N FIRE HOSE!

extinguisherzc2.png

@smilepunch@

To get proper clarification on the "on topic" concern..

are we still permitted to complain about sleeves, gloves, Satan or anyhing else we deem worthy of complaining about, in regards to the 25th anniversary line? ^_^

-Joe

extinguisherzc2.png

@smilepunch@

are we still permitted to complain about sleeves, gloves, Satan or anyhing else we deem worthy of complaining about, in regards to the 25th anniversary line? ^_^

Everyone else is, but you are not.

So... how does everyone feel about those hands and sleeves on Flint? @loll@

I wonder (and this isn't meant as a joke) if there will be a gloved 'variant' of Flint. I mean if they can color a wolf a different color, then why not some gloves?

-Joe

extinguisherzc2.png

@smilepunch@

Everyone else is, but you are not.

So... how does everyone feel about those hands and sleeves on Flint? @loll@

I wonder (and this isn't meant as a joke) if there will be a gloved 'variant' of Flint. I mean if they can color a wolf a different color, then why not some gloves?

The gloves he WAS shown with, were just the gloved hands off of Gung Ho. If Flint comes packaged without them, that's bad for the MOC collectors. Of course, in order to get another Gung Ho (to rob of his gloves) you'd have to buy ANOTHER 5-pack, so that can be good or bad, depending on your financial situation. :(

EDIT: Just looked at Gung Ho's image again, and it's his hands, but PAINTED Green, for the gloved version of Flint. My above scenario wouldn't work anyway, as far as buying another Gung Ho. Youn can just paint Flints hands Green?

The BEST scenario would have been to of had Flint, as an all NEW mold, proper length sleeves and gloves included!

It's likely some running changes could come along though, and many of these minor issues or small concerns we're whining about, will get fixed and we'll ALL be happy.

Out of 15 figures shown so far...

I give Hasbro 10 stars out of 15! The other 10 look totally promising! :)

Discuss the body parts and clothing all you want, as long as it Figure related and you're not berating other members...that to me is considered "on-topic" but talking about each other as members and posting habits and crap like that isn't...

Well, I'm no MOC collector, so I'll be making a trade or two to get another Gung Ho (I'm sure someone will want those Cobra Troopers that I hate so much), and switch out some gloves. Perhaps. Besides SE V1, and Roadblock, I'm not really feeling the Joe 5 pack (or many of the loose Joes). I might have to trade to get the figs I want.

I think what everyone's (including me) contention with Flint's gloves is that it would be one thing for Hasbro to not include them to begin with. It's another thing entirely to show all of these great pictures WITH gloves then not have them on the final product. That's just completely ludicrous in my mind.

I was all excited when I preordered these, but then I realized I may be getting the Flint WITHOUT gloves, like the early sets are what will sell before they make a running-change to fix the problem. Oh well. It'll be fun hunting one down later I guess. (lol)

Hell, in order to make the WHOLE thing work, we already have to pretend that Flint buys his uniforms here...

secondhandbz0.png

what's a missing pair of gloves after that? @smilepunch@

i just kinda thought of something. i thought, why would hasbro make these carded figures and then just have the outline of the other 10 figures and not their entire picture?. my conclusion to that question is that hasbro will release their own picture o the card back and have us guess like we are now sometime in the future instead of actually showing us picuters of the figures. i hope they weren't saving these for sdcc because we'd all be sorely disappointed . . . well at least i would.

Nope, I expect the cards to be the same way at retail. The new Star Wars figures have the next waves blacked out on the back of the cards, just showing the outline.

Draven

okay. that makes sense. but still, it was probably one of the things they were going to release at sdcc, a cardback i mean. hopefully we get something else

bbts has the single carded figures listed as available in may as well. but the 5 packs are june and the cobra 5 pack # 2 is listed as coming in july. so who knows. they could ge the single sets in the end of may and the 5 packs in early june. but there is no way to be sure until we actualyl start seeing them in stores.

and what you guys can't just buy some brown paint for your flint gloves?

What if you collect MOC?

What if you collect MOC?

then you open it carefully and seal it back up! or you give someone who works in the hasbro factory a bribe to change the calibration on their machines to pump out a couple flints with gloves, or you're just screwed and shoult get over it ;)

What if you collect MOC?

then you open it carefully and seal it back up! or you give someone who works in the hasbro factory a bribe to change the calibration on their machines to pump out a couple flints with gloves, or you're just screwed and shoult get over it ;)

Thank God I'm NOT a MOC collector!

Those options SUCK!! @smilepunch@

What if you collect MOC?

Thank God I'm NOT a MOC collector!

Those options SUCK!! @smilepunch@

What, you don't have a Hasbro factory worker on your payroll? Get with the times, man.

Yeah, I never could collect MOC. I just want to be able to see everything the toy has to offer. And I think these will be fun to pose in a million different ways. I couldn't imagine watching them sit there in the package. It's like they call to me. Telling me to rip them out of their plastic and cardboard prisons. And I do.

Same here!

Almost as bad as having a giant library!

of books you've never READ!

TOYS ARE TO BE PLAYED WITH! errrr..{cough} I mean POSED!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually say something positive.........WE'RE GETTING GI JOES AGAIN!!!!! Aimed directly at US the collector!!!! I'm really beginning to think that nothing will make the action figure collector happy again. It sounds like a lot of needless flaming.....So we're getting a re-painted Storm Shadow.....whats new....anyone that had collected Joes over the years knows we get a ton of re-paints.

I mean I'm stating the obvious here.....but C'mon people.....File Cards are cool and all but I'm more worried about the figure itself than anything.....even if I do buy 2 sets....one to keep in MOC they will be displayed facing forward on the wall. All this nitpicking is ridiculous......I'm always hearing that we need a new Serpentor......it looks as if we are and now everyone is pissed. It seems like you can't make anyone happy these days.

Oh and the Pimp Daddy Destro is just a bonus people they didn't have to do that......but they did to hook us up. You don't want it....don't buy it.....but I guarantee most of the people flaming that figure will end up buying one.

Sorry.... it just seems like all I read anymore is negative things.......

Same here!

Almost as bad as having a giant library!

of books you've never READ!

TOYS ARE TO BE PLAYED WITH! errrr..{cough} I mean POSED!

And that's why we purchase two of each. One so you can have someone walk into your "room" and show them how things should be. And let's also not forget the second one, is for the purpose for which you so have chosen! Be damned any expence that attempts to stifle my Joe-collecting!

-Kevin

I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually say something positive.........WE'RE GETTING GI JOES AGAIN!!!!! Aimed directly at US the collector!!!! I'm really beginning to think that nothing will make the action figure collector happy again. It sounds like a lot of needless flaming.....So we're getting a re-painted Storm Shadow.....whats new....anyone that had collected Joes over the years knows we get a ton of re-paints.

I mean I'm stating the obvious here.....but C'mon people.....File Cards are cool and all but I'm more worried about the figure itself than anything.....even if I do buy 2 sets....one to keep in MOC they will be displayed facing forward on the wall. All this nitpicking is ridiculous......I'm always hearing that we need a new Serpentor......it looks as if we are and now everyone is pissed. It seems like you can't make anyone happy these days.

Oh and the Pimp Daddy Destro is just a bonus people they didn't have to do that......but they did to hook us up. You don't want it....don't buy it.....but I guarantee most of the people flaming that figure will end up buying one.

Well, some of us are very happy. I like these figures, and don't gripe about any production issues such as gloves or sleeves or boots. Thank god we're getting Joes again. And thank god I don't give a damn what any of you other people on this webpage think regarding me and my collection. It's so great. I get to show off when I want, and be like "You idiot!" when I also feel the urge to say aloud...

-Kevin

Well, some of us are very happy. I like these figures, and don't gripe about any production issues such as gloves or sleeves or boots. Thank god we're getting Joes again. And thank god I don't give a damn what any of you other people on this webpage think regarding me and my collection. It's so great. I get to show off when I want, and be like "You idiot!" when I also feel the urge to say aloud...

-Kevin

Hey Man....whatever floats your boat....MOC collecting is cool.....I just like my wall space thats all. @smilepunch@

Well, I for one, am happy that there are Joes coming back to retail. I AM happy with SOME of the line. I do not like everything they've put out so far, and shouldn't have to have the attitude that "oh well, at least we're getting something." Yeah, we've got repaints before. But, if you don't figure in that the first 82-83 series shared the same molds, we didn't get a real repaint until the sub teams like Tiger Force and Python Patrol and Night Force started showing up. Which was several years after the initial release. We shouldn't have to get two versions of the same character this early in the game. The DTC run didn't give us multiple versions of the same character, and stayed away from the likes of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, and I don't remember the people crying out for those characters. Yeah, with this new style, we need to see what they would look like with all those points of articulation, and removable gear. OK, cool. I can handle that. But, do I really need another version of the character THAT SOON? As for Serpentor, it's always seemed to be 50/50 to me on these boards. There are people that really like the character, and then the people that don't even acknowledge him. So, I would expect some people to not be pleased we're getting Serpentor. I am very pleased with it. At least in theory. I'll have to wait and see what he looks like before I commit to anything. And while some that don't like the PDD might buy it, I don't think it's because they're lying. I think it's because they know that it'll be a much harder figure to get down the road. And when you have completists, and others that 'invest' in these toys, then you end up with those that buy things they still don't like. Me, I don't like it. But if I could get one cheap, and maybe sell it down the road, then I'd take one. But I'm not going out of my way to get one. I never liked the look on the original, though I do think it looks much better on the 25th version.

And lastly, yeah, people will complain. That's what people do when they've been given a product they don't like. Has anyone ever complained at a fast food place when their food doesn't look like the picture on the wall? When you see something, and associate some sort of expectation with that particular look, when it is changed before it is given to you, you tend to be a little ticked off. You might still take what's given to you. You might even be the type to not say anything, and just be happy with it. But there are others that will complain. They have that right. While there has been complaints about this line, most of the people that have complained about things (myself included), have also found things they like about the line and have posted positive comments about those things.

Anyway, that's how I feel. And everywhere I said "you" in my statement, I meant that in a general "you, the collector" type way, not directed directly at any one person.

Why not save Flint until they have the money to afford a short-sleeve arm mold and can afford the paint for the gloves? Since the have a mold based off the original Snake-Eyes, why not put out more the original 1982 characters that all shared the same molds anyway? Breaker, Grunt and Hawk all shared the same torso as Snake-Eyes and it is most likely getting reused for Stalker.

You know that's not half bad.

I agree. I think it's a very constructive idea.

When I first saw the 25th Flint proto, I was VERY supportive of it. He's my fave Joe! Any criticism related to sleeves, his grin, etc. bothered me a little, but I was still able to get over it. As a matter of fact, I was able to passionately argue against criticizing Hasbro about it.

Then came the gloves. That was a bit too much for me. @hmmm@ It finally put me over the top, and I finally relented and then suddenly sided with the Hasbro critics.

Yeah. Over one figure. ONE! The rest are still pretty awesome IMO.

But the most hilarious part came when I had announced that I'd finally caved in favor of the "Flint-Is-Cheap" crowd, they suddenly got all suspicious. @loll@ #WTF#

Wonder if some day they'll unblock my PMs and believe me. It's getting kinda lonely. :unsure:

It's not about you personally, it's not about headgames or forum one-upsmanship. I am simply that passionate about debating GIJoe. I am simply THAT passionate about Flint. We go a long way together. He is in many ways a real part of my family.

I passionately discuss everything I care about, even face-to-face with my best friends. If you fail to recognize it, I just feel really-really sorry for you.

I love this hobby that much.

-PJ