GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

Maybe if they at least looked like they put some effort into it, I would be pleased.

Thing is, doesn't look like it. Flint, Storm Shadow V2 and Snake Eyes V2 are just lazy repaints with new heads and partially new gear. It doesn't look like they even tried to mix some parts up. Hell, they showed more creativity and effort with DTC than with this latest batch.

You know, I never really thought about it this way, but EVERY SINGLE ONE of the single-carded figures are repaints. I guess I didn't notice it at first, because the Cobra Officer and Cobra Commander were bound to be. Maybe that's why they were so underwhelming compared to the ones in the boxed sets.

Pretty lame if you ask me. You're exactly right.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waht's next---people saying he "gotta have" his cocky smirk??

Well now that you mention it. . .

YES, of course! It's filecard continuity. I stated that the very first time the protos showed up.

Laughing Batman anyone?

How about Han Solo in a tutu?

Sorry. Least I'm consistent about what I want. <_<

-PJ

Wave 1 is all repaints/retools, yes... as I think I've explained in the past, Hasbro was quite pleasently surprised with the overwhelmingly positive retailer support for the Anniversary product. I think they originally only slotted the 2 5-packs for release, but when word came back so highly, they had to scramble to get a wave of single packs out there as well. So, without enough time for new tooling, they did what they could do with already existing tooling. Thus, the first wave of single packs is all repaints.

This is the exception, NOT the rule. I am positive we'll be seeing a LOT more new tooling as the line progresses, don't assume Wave 1 is what everything out there is going to look like.

Justin

..and did I just waste 10 minutes of my life reading an argument of semantics over the different ways fans are supposed to not like a figure? Please tell me I just imagined that... :blink:

Perhaps I should be comforted, though...obviously everyone holds Hasbro to a VERY high standard if the only thing they can find t b*tch about is 2mm of sleeve length and a couple o' green gloves. If that's what folks are resorting to complaining about, then I guess things are looking pretty darn good! @loll@

Justin

I think they originally only slotted the 2 5-packs for release (snip)

VH posted an interview earlier in the thread that sez different. All I wanna know is how many figures they planned from the very beginning.

..and did I just waste 10 minutes of my life reading an argument of semantics over the different ways fans are supposed to not like a figure? Please tell me I just imagined that...

Heh. . .nope. Sorry. I don't think fans are used to seeing other fans on the board who place the original designs and the Hama continuity at the highest priority over everything else . . .period.

:extends hand:

Hi! I'm PJ, Filecard Pharisee. :D

That's my position and pretty much always has been. Hope you understand. This doesn't mean I'm intolerant of other continuities. Just bought my fourth S6 figure recently, so I'm alot more tolerant than I appear.

-PJ

Wave 1 is all repaints/retools, yes... as I think I've explained in the past, Hasbro was quite pleasently surprised with the overwhelmingly positive retailer support for the Anniversary product. I think they originally only slotted the 2 5-packs for release, but when word came back so highly, they had to scramble to get a wave of single packs out there as well. So, without enough time for new tooling, they did what they could do with already existing tooling. Thus, the first wave of single packs is all repaints.

This is the exception, NOT the rule. I am positive we'll be seeing a LOT more new tooling as the line progresses, don't assume Wave 1 is what everything out there is going to look like.

Justin

Is this just your theory, or did Hasbro state something to the effect to this?

Either way, I hope it's true. I think I'll be passing on them except for Cobra Commander and the Officer... Maybe there's a chance they'll do remolds of Snake Eyes and Flint later on, if the line's a success. I don't care all that much for Storm Shadow V2, but I'd buy a new mold version.

You know, I never really thought about it this way, but EVERY SINGLE ONE of the single-carded figures are repaints.

Nope, they are what's called re-use. Of which the first few waves of the original GIJOE RAH line also utlized.

Repaints are simply the same figure, repainted in a different scheme. Tiger Force figures or Python Patrol are repaints. Anything with re-used parts with newly sculpted parts is a "re-used" mold.

..and did I just waste 10 minutes of my life reading an argument of semantics over the different ways fans are supposed to not like a figure? Please tell me I just imagined that...

With this crowd, you don't have to imagine it..............

There's a very good reason one of the original brand managers for GIJOE RAH is reputed to have referred to collectors as the "fly on the elephant's ass"--and pointless arguments about things like semantics is pretty much why that's the perception. Let's face it, people wouldn't be arguing about this kind of stuff if they knew about and understood why the toy industry does the things that it does. The whiners would rather wallow in ignorance and cling to their presumptions that they are right in all things. That's undoubtedly the anal part of all this "analysis".

You know, I never really thought about it this way, but EVERY SINGLE ONE of the single-carded figures are repaints.

Nope, they are what's called re-use. Of which the first few waves of the original GIJOE RAH line also utlized.

Repaints are simply the same figure, repainted in a different scheme. Tiger Force figures or Python Patrol are repaints. Anything with re-used parts with newly sculpted parts is a "re-used" mold.

There's a very good reason one of the original brand managers for GIJOE RAH is reputed to have referred to collectors as the "fly on the elephant's ass"--and pointless arguments about things like semantics is pretty much why that's the perception. Let's face it, people wouldn't be arguing about this kind of stuff if they knew about and understood why the toy industry does the things that it does. The whiners would rather wallow in ignorance and cling to their presumptions that they are right in all things. That's undoubtedly the anal part of all this "analysis".

Okay, so you give me a poorly worded explanation of the difference between repaint and "re-used" and then go on to talk about semantics... then you call us "whiners" because we don't like the fact that certain iconic figures are RE-USED molds, and that we "wallow in ignorance" and wouldn't care about that kind of thing if we just knew more about the toy industry.

I presume you're just talking about the bottom line, and making money. Well, I admit that I don't work in the toy industry, but I think I get that at least... and yeah, it still annoys me.

If you have such a big problem with "this crowd", why don't you do us a favour and just not post?

Okay, so you give me a poorly worded explanation of the difference between repaint and "re-used" and then go on to talk about semantics... then you call us "whiners" because we don't like the fact that certain iconic figures are RE-USED molds, and that we "wallow in ignorance" and wouldn't care about that kind of thing if we just knew more about the toy industry.

I presume you're just talking about the bottom line, and making money. Well, I admit that I don't work in the toy industry, but I think I get that at least... and yeah, it still annoys me.

If you have such a big problem with "this crowd", why don't you do us a favour and just not post?

Actually, ARROW was a part of this crowd before you were, and I would take his replies to mean he hates to see the board follow down this path of bickering. I, myself, am guilty of giving in to it as well, but try my best to get past it and get back to talking about what's great about the toys I've been collecting for over 25 years.

Funny.............people #$#@# about Flint's sleeves and gloves, but nothing about StormShadow V2's ninja-claws.

Let's face it folks....these are REPRESENTATIONS of the original appearances.

Flint's been made with gloves and without before, and he's still "Flint"--so him lacking them here is just tough beans for the fussy ones.

Maybe they want the real Sgt. Slaughter with his gut too??

There's just no pleasing some people..........ever.............Yeesh!

well said. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Clapping.gif

see, I can play it up for dramatics, too.

Wave 1 is all repaints/retools, yes... as I think I've explained in the past, Hasbro was quite pleasently surprised with the overwhelmingly positive retailer support for the Anniversary product. I think they originally only slotted the 2 5-packs for release, but when word came back so highly, they had to scramble to get a wave of single packs out there as well.

That could very well have been the case, but from my best recollection, of everything I read or saw, as it progressed, we received word on a 25th anniversary line from Hasbro, and the information I linked was prior to any of the figures images being revealed.

Which would mean, Hasbro indicated in type...there would be 25 figures total, with 2 5-packs initially and 3 waves of 5 single-packs coming later. Only after THAT, did we start getting the preview shots of the figures, to have generated any "buzz" yet, for Hasbro to have based any "fan reaction" off of.

I still believe (or think) they already planned the 25, and anything in addition to that, came after....like the Cobra troop pack and the con exclusives.

I am positive we'll be seeing a LOT more new tooling as the line progresses, don't assume Wave 1 is what everything out there is going to look like.

Justin

Everything is an "assumption" at this point. The only difference is that some assume things in the positive light, while others tend to be a bit more skeptical. :(

I like the way YOU think though! ^_^

@lol@ Sorry! You just read it, it must be TRUE!

Perhaps I should be comforted, though...obviously everyone holds Hasbro to a VERY high standard if the only thing they can find t b*tch about is 2mm of sleeve length and a couple o' green gloves. If that's what folks are resorting to complaining about, then I guess things are looking pretty darn good!

And that's a good way to look at it! As far as the arguing over what's ok to complain about and what's NOT? I can only look at it like this....

fcd0fbe7.jpg

You'll find it's not always the issue of sleeves, gloves, repaints or character choices that creates so much debate or arguing. It's the attitude that some take against anothers opinion and the way they try to come off in discrediting that opinion. I think most of the ONGOING debate becomes about manners and attitude and LITTLE to do with the actual product....at that point anyway.

I openly admit that I don't know everything and have no inside connection with the goings on at Hasbro, and make sure to express myself in a THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY kind of way, but I've yet to encounter anyone that can state they DO know everything, and can call my assertions BS.

This all has become the GREAT FLINT DEBATE mainly because of FLINT, being the only major character (so far) to get the repaint treatment amongst some nicely detailed ORIGINAL other classics. All the other repaints (so far) are of 2nd versions of characters/molds from the boxed sets. The complaints lodged against Flint being a simple repaint of the Duke mold, quickly became excused by some, as being "good enough" and that the sleeves were the ONLY thing of any real difference.

"good enough" is an opinion....not a FACT. It's no different than saying "IT SUCKS!" That's an opinion also...not a fact. ^_^

It's never enough (for some) to simply disagree and state their opinion as "I don't mind it and like it" or "I disagree and still think it stinks." Some people always have to take it a step farther and personally insult the others POV.

I just wanted a ALL NEW Flint mold...no biggie! ^_^ When somebody criticizes my POV on that as "foolish" or illogical, and then turns around and jumps on board with me, because another detail issue comes up (no GLOVES)??? Well, you hit the nail on the head....it's all "semantics" over what one person thinks important and another thinks ISN'T and the great deabte over FLINT continues.

Funny.............people #$#@# about Flint's sleeves and gloves, but nothing about StormShadow V2's ninja-claws.

Let's face it folks....these are REPRESENTATIONS of the original appearances.

Flint's been made with gloves and without before, and he's still "Flint"--so him lacking them here is just tough beans for the fussy ones.

Maybe they want the real Sgt. Slaughter with his gut too??

There's just no pleasing some people..........ever.............Yeesh!

well said. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Clapping.gif

see, I can play it up for dramatics, too.

Like you needed to?? @hmmm@

Actually, ARROW was a part of this crowd before you were, and I would take his replies to mean he hates to see the board follow down this path of bickering. I, myself, am guilty of giving in to it as well, but try my best to get past it and get back to talking about what's great about the toys I've been collecting for over 25 years.

Why would length of membership make any difference? If you have a PROBLEM with the "crowd" at TNI, or in the G.I.Joe forum here, why stay and be hostile towards them?

Everyone that's under attack for "excessive complaining" :rolleyes: has been here long enough, and have added just as much to the positive side of things as well. There's more going on here, in these discussions, besides critiquing NEW toys.

Expressing an opinion on a piece of plastic, that were ALL so obsessed with anyway (our hobby would indicate as much) is part of the fun and discussion over such trivial things. It's the ones (like yourself and others) that wish to have control on the flow of the discussions and get all flammatory over anothers dissent or critical POV. That's what starts the arguing. This ridiculous notion that the TRUE fans have to step up to the plate and help Hasbro knock down the complainers and in doing so, are showing their undying lOYALTY to the line, is where the probelm lies. If there's anything to GET OVER...I'll put my vote down on THAT little issue.

We're all different around here, for good and bad. Some folks we like, others we don't. If you don't like the majority of the population, and have to refer to them negatively as "this crowd" as you look DOWN on them from your ivory tower of righteousness...why would you still want to be part of it? Membership is free!

Hey, if you took the time to learn at least something about the toy industry and how and why is does what it does, you'll understand a LOT better that its NOT semantics that I've been bandying about here.

That is how they distinguish the product. You look at things for the selfish eye of an ignorant consumer. You do not understand what's going on, are not getting what you want and so you do the natural thing--you complain.

Loudly.

If you took the time to see what was going on, you might well appreciate that there's another side to the equation besides your wants. Yes, money is at the heart of this, and its ALWAYS been at the heart of this. Hasbro not making this product to make you happy. The toy world doesn't revolve around yor wants--sorry, it needs to be said. This stuff IS being made as an acknowledgment of the patronage that's gone before--which is why it pays homage to those original figures.

But they are NOT those original figures.

Given the risk they are taking with this product......and there is a decided risk, Hasbro is hedging their bets by economizing. They did this waaaaaaaaaay back in 1990 when they released the 12" Target Duke-that rekindled the 12" scale, they did it with lines like Sigma Six, Sgt Savage, GvC etc. Some succeeded, some didn't.

GIJOE does NOT sell well these days--except ( strangely) at around X-mas time). Otherwise S6 would have technically gone into a third year.

The 25th Ann. line is nostalgia based--and nostalgic products are a risk. Hasbro discovered that with the 40th Ann. 12" product.

So, again, they will economize on this stuff where they can.

You don't have to like that, but you might consider at least respecting it.

Wanna know what my problem with the "crowd" is?

Its the UNNECESSARY whining.

The info about "why" is out there, the understanding can be had.........the simple fact that you and I and everyone can, if we choose, ENJOY the hobby for what it is.

But that never seems enough, does it?

There's always this ingratitude, the resentments, the complaints.

Its like there's a body of people whose sole function is to suck the life out of the hobby. Who get off on misery, there own and others.

Tell me something..........what would you do about someone who you met daily, who did NOTHING but constantly complain? You'd step away from, right?

Who needs emotional poison in their life, right?

There's another way besides complaining.

Folks like yourself can pile on the bitterness, but what about the solutions? No constructive criticisms seem to come from the complainers--just constant complaints. How would you make the product better? Its not just simply stating; " I'd put the damn gloves on him"--because there's factors involved that you are ignorant of right now.

Take the time to find out more about WHY those gloves are not there and THEN answer that question again--how would you make it better.

Are we to assume that you are just not interested in constructive criticism? That complaining is the "fun" you get out of the hobby? I don't have such a low opinion of someone like yourself to actually think that of you, but the question remains BECAUSE THAT'S ALL WE HEAR FROM SOME PEOPLE!

Why not do ME the favour and do something different: learn a bit more about the toy insdustry, how it functions.

The info is out there, accessible with very little work, though it might take a bit of time to gather.

It will not ruin your collecting experience. It will not make you a "Hasbro siccophant". It might do the truly dangerous thing and open your eyes just a crack and get you to understand that sometimes just getting this stuff to market is a minor miracle in itself.

In fact, I dare say it might help you appreciate the hobby even more!

And, if, by consensus, that this hobby and forum has indeed switched over from collecting GIJOE, to complaining about GIJOE, then I will gladly stop posting here.

Actually, ARROW was a part of this crowd before you were

Two months, apparently. As if it would make a difference even if it was two years. :rolleyes:

Hey, if you took the time to learn at least something about the toy industry and how and why is does what it does, you'll understand a LOT better that its NOT semantics that I've been bandying about here.

That is how they distinguish the product. You look at things for the selfish eye of an ignorant consumer...

I think you have a valid point in there, buried among the heaps of insults you're throwing around. I'm not sure what you think I'll gain by learning about the "big picture" of why Flint is a repainted figure with a new head. I'm still going to be disappointed in the figure, and hope for a new mold. So we argue about it, big deal. The real problem right now is that you're being a complete a$$hole. If you have a point to make, fine, but don't be such a jerk about it.

It's a shame really! :(

This topic originated as a SNEAK peek into the upcoming assortment of figures, that had YET to be revealed (maybe that disappointed a few?) and we had fun mulling over WHO we thought the images were of, finally got it down pat (for the most part) had some debate generate over the possible inclusion of the Red Satan figure in the initial lineup of 25 figures.

All normal good discussion.

Actually, by my recount, the positive commenting outnumbered the negative commenting 103 pos. to 60 neg. with MOST (if not entirely) all the negative comments being posted by GSCBR and MYSELF over the stupid sleeve issue and when what figures might have been produced or not. There were several that were nuetral or had a little of both negative and positive commenting in them, and then some negatives were about the Satan figure, and some didn't think it should have been included.

Not really all that bad, but by some accounts here...you'd think "this crowd" was all gloom and doom and "whiny" for the MOST part? <_<

Yea... this thread has become a pain to even come into because it's just arguing about the little things and not just accepting that these figures are going to be the best we have seen in a while!

Some interesting debates. I found it interesting myself that there were some people that actually were glad that the red cobra figure was included. I myself agreed with Viper hunters previous comments, that if the line didn't do well, it would be ashame to have a red cobra figure before a hawk, doc, rock & roll or major bludd figure, whom to me are more representive of the toy, and comic line, than red cobra.

I also, agree that if hasbro is trying to make accurate representations of the most popular figures in their most populart uniforms, they should try to get them 100% right. People can complain about that if they like, but at the end of the day I am still picking up one of everything as I find, even with some remolds and repaints, I think they overall did a great job. In fact, I might want to sell my old collection if these totally look way better.

Lastly, its great to have debates positive or nagative because thats how ideas are shared but, I think people need to focus on the issue or problem as opposed to attacking someones character. Like many people have said, "we are talking about pieces of plastic" this hobby should be a distraction and fun.

Overall, I like hearing a lot of the veterans posters opinions, because they have been through many more lines and know the pros and cons, as well as hasbros past history of how they operate. very interesting.

Anyway, my two cents, and my question is....in 2008 will hasbro release 25 more figures??? Will that cobra battle pack be part of it?? If they do release 25 more, there is a good chance that most of the popular figures will be included.

Hey, if you took the time to learn at least something.

You look at things for the selfish eye of an ignorant consumer.

You do not understand what's going on.

You are not getting what you want and so you do the natural thing--you complain. Loudly.

If you took the time to see what was going on, you might well appreciate that there's another side to the equation besides your wants.

The toy world doesn't revolve around yor wants--sorry, it needs to be said.

You don't have to like that, but you might consider at least respecting it.

Wanna know what my problem with the "crowd" is?

Its the UNNECESSARY whining.

There's always this ingratitude, the resentments, the complaints.

Its like there's a body of people whose sole function is to suck the life out of the hobby. Who get off on misery, there own and others.

Folks like yourself can pile on the bitterness, but what about the solutions?

open your eyes just a crack and get you to understand

All that angst and drama. Over WHAT?

Some fans complain too much for YOUR enjoyment? We have fits over details of the ACTUAL product (no excuses over that..we're all guilty) you're having a fit over the fits, and claiming it's "sucking the life out of the hobby!" :blink:

We don't match YOUR level of superiority in discussing our TOY collecting habits and interests. Our uneducated opinions cause you great angst and disrupt the flow of conversation as you'd prefer it to be?

Sorry!

And, if, by consensus, that this hobby and forum has indeed switched over from collecting GIJOE, to complaining about GIJOE, then I will gladly stop posting here.

Ken, let me ask a few questions here...

When's the last time you posted a compliment on a members custom?

Wished someone a Happy Birthday?

Did ANYTHING of a more DIRECT and PERSONAL communication with another member here, besides trying to CORRECT them on a misassumption or error?

You don't even have an avatar or signature and BLOCK everyone else's, because it's all annoying to you.

That's all fine and dandy if that's how you want it, but it doesn't seem like you get much out of this "crowd" to begin with, and don't wish to interact with them or participate beyond just being the SUPERIOR intellect, behind all that's involved in action figure collecting.

You don't want us to respect the toy industry, so much as I think you just want us to respect YOU! You can make a ton of sense and bring up excellent MATURE points, presenting yourself as quite the informative member sometimes, but then you bury it all in a bunch of nasty, sarcastic rhetoric, like the diatribe you posted above, that it gets totally LOST on the member you're attacking.

This isn't a professional group of G.I.Joe collectors here. We're merely fans and collectors and range from 13 to 50 in age differences.

You're probably better suited trying to find a discussion board created by Hasbro, for a more SERIOUS and KNOWLEDGABLE discussion of the industry, and not one so full of ignorance and negativity as the likes (of which you describe us) HERE?

Membership was FREE, and there's always one of these....

exitsignjc4.png

Folks like yourself can pile on the bitterness, but what about the solutions? No constructive criticisms seem to come from the complainers--just constant complaints. How would you make the product better? Its not just simply stating; " I'd put the damn gloves on him"--because there's factors involved that you are ignorant of right now.

Take the time to find out more about WHY those gloves are not there and THEN answer that question again--how would you make it better.

Here's my constructive critisicm. Why are the gloves missing off of Flint? Most likely money, and if the question is money, why not repaint Duke as any of the other over 20 variations of Duke that have come out over the years like they are apparently doing with the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow from the Battle Pack #2? Why not save Flint until they have the money to afford a short-sleeve arm mold and can afford the paint for the gloves? Since the have a mold based off the original Snake-Eyes, why not put out more the original 1982 characters that all shared the same molds anyway? Breaker, Grunt and Hawk all shared the same torso as Snake-Eyes and it is most likely getting reused for Stalker. Put out one of those three characters.

Where does one go to get the official explaination from Hasbro? I'd still like to see their explaination for the Heavy Assualt Team and using Flint's 1994 mold for Rock N Roll. Those are the ones that still puzzle me to this day.

Some interesting debates. I found it interesting myself that there were some people that actually were glad that the red cobra figure was included. I myself agreed with Viper hunters previous comments, that if the line didn't do well, it would be ashame to have a red cobra figure before a hawk, doc, rock & roll or major bludd figure, whom to me are more representive of the toy, and comic line, than red cobra.

I also, agree that if hasbro is trying to make accurate representations of the most popular figures in their most populart uniforms, they should try to get them 100% right. People can complain about that if they like, but at the end of the day I am still picking up one of everything as I find, even with some remolds and repaints, I think they overall did a great job. In fact, I might want to sell my old collection if these totally look way better.

Lastly, its great to have debates positive or nagative because thats how ideas are shared but, I think people need to focus on the issue or problem as opposed to attacking someones character. Like many people have said, "we are talking about pieces of plastic" this hobby should be a distraction and fun.

Overall, I like hearing a lot of the veterans posters opinions, because they have been through many more lines and know the pros and cons, as well as hasbros past history of how they operate. very interesting.

Anyway, my two cents, and my question is....in 2008 will hasbro release 25 more figures??? Will that cobra battle pack be part of it?? If they do release 25 more, there is a good chance that most of the popular figures will be included.

And you sir, have a very HEALHTY outlook on the whole debacle over how each individual goes about expressing their opinions.

Flint is....what he is, and if the figure in question (Satan) ends up being just that..Satan, then it is what it is as well.

Like it or dislike it, nothing is going to change that, and we all certainly KNOW that, but we're still here to discuss our thoughts on it and share our reactions to it, for better or worse, good or bad, negative or positive. Part of the fun and interaction..imo. :)

The positive crowd really have the advantage in the end, because what they claim to be fine with and LIKE, is exactly what they'll be getting. Half a dozen fans complaining about it, won't change a thing, as far as their getting it. This isn't a voting session conducted by Hasbro, as to release this figure or not, as is or differently to where our opinions might affect the final outcome of shown figure.

Enough NAYS eliminate the option of getting a repainted SS as a Satan figure and the portion of the fanbase that wanted him are suddenly left out in the cold without a blanket. @lol@ Yeah, I could see all the angst over such a scenario, but that's not how it is.

Wish everyone could share your attitude. Pros, Cons = all GOOD! #US1#

Quick off topic question... (that's a good thing) On Entertainment Earth it says that the single packaged figures are stated to be released this month...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...number=HJ63403A

Does that mean we could see them in stores by this month?

Ken, let me ask a few questions here...

When's the last time you posted a compliment on a members custom?

Wished someone a Happy Birthday?

Did ANYTHING of a more DIRECT and PERSONAL communication with another member here, besides trying to CORRECT them on a misassumption or error?

That's all fine and dandy if that's how you want it, but it doesn't seem like you get much out of this "crowd" to begin with, and don't wish to interact with them or participate beyond just being the SUPERIOR intellect, behind all that's involved in action figure collecting.

What the #$## does any of that have to do with my participation in the forums--OR anyone's participation?

Go back and read some of my posts--there's almost 7000 there. There's compliments, contribution and compassion in there, and in forums you don't even read, #$###.

Hey, I'm not the one posting petty threads about people they don't like ( Rosie O' Donnell).

Have you ever particpated in the TNI Chat? Ask around if I've been there...........hell, visit the chat itself and ask someone like............oh...... Mike, or Bespin Refugee about any conversations I've had with them. Or ask people whom I've traded with.

You may just learn some surprising things.

You don't even have an avatar or signature and BLOCK everyone else's, because it's all annoying to you.

Yes, because I USE DIAL-UP!

It IS annoying waiting 5 minutes for a page to load with all the signatures that posters have. I choose to ENJOY the forums, rather than wait for visual clutter. What point would I have in using a avatar or signature myself , if I've toggled them off to begin with?

I have to even weigh looking at threads with pictures because of the load time--so I have pass up on a LOT of custom threads.

I want to read what people have to say, not look at endlessly repeated images in signatures and avatars.

And that's a FAULT in your eyes?? Geezus, you truly are a petty #$###.

You don't want us to respect the toy industry, so much as I think you just want us to respect YOU! You can make a ton of sense and bring up excellent MATURE points, presenting yourself as quite the informative member sometimes, but then you bury it all in a bunch of nasty, sarcastic rhetoric, like the diatribe you posted above, that it gets totally LOST on the member you're attacking.

This isn't a professional group of G.I.Joe collectors here. We're merely fans and collectors and range from 13 to 50 in age differences.

Of course,.....you would look at it that way..........you think its all about me.

Honestly I don't care if I'm right or wrong, all I've said is that there's an alternative. And the choice is up to the individual to consider. There appears to be some people that are unaware they HAVE a choice.

Not so hard to grasp........but it is....FOR YOU.

Personal bias always colours your thinking--especially with my comments--you've never passed up an opportunity to belittle me. I've long wondered why you just don't ignore what I write, or block my posts? My own conclusion is that you like to slam others--and there's plenty of evidence to support that conclusion.

You have this very deep-seated need to knock-down others.

I don't need to impress anyone, that's NOT why I'm here. I AM impressed by alot of the custom work I see and it inspires me a great deal.

You conclude that silence is equal to disdain--but you assume that.

Is that what you do with anyone else in life? Assume the less of them because they don't voice a compliment?

You ACTIVELY look for negative things in a person?? Maybe a good long look in your own mirror might be in order.

You are advocating bickering, fits and complaining. That's all you've ever seem to "enjoy" in the forums--you even DEFEND IT! I'm not the only voice that thinks that's absurd.

Hey, if you really want to propagate nothing but bitterness and resentment, well, you clearly have all the tools to be very successful at it.

Why not save Flint until they have the money to afford a short-sleeve arm mold and can afford the paint for the gloves? Since the have a mold based off the original Snake-Eyes, why not put out more the original 1982 characters that all shared the same molds anyway? Breaker, Grunt and Hawk all shared the same torso as Snake-Eyes and it is most likely getting reused for Stalker.

You know that's not half bad. We know Stalker is coming out in Wave 3. It's also most likely that Flint didn't get a new mold, or at least short sleeves and gloves because they need to put product out now and didn't have time. So why not just put out Stalker in Wave 1 and move Flint to Wave 3? Stalker would be the same amount of work they put into Flint, but I doubt there would be nearly as much fighting over it and it would give them time to do a more proper homage to him. Hasbro would still save the same amount of money, they'd have the time they'd need, and we wouldn't be at each other throats. Everyone is happy....well at least for the most part. I'm sure Draven would still be mad that Snake Eyes V2 isn't a new mold. LOL!