GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

i just kinda thought of something. i thought, why would hasbro make these carded figures and then just have the outline of the other 10 figures and not their entire picture?. my conclusion to that question is that hasbro will release their own picture o the card back and have us guess like we are now sometime in the future instead of actually showing us picuters of the figures. i hope they weren't saving these for sdcc because we'd all be sorely disappointed . . . well at least i would.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just kinda thought of something. i thought, why would hasbro make these carded figures and then just have the outline of the other 10 figures and not their entire picture?. my conclusion to that question is that hasbro will release their own picture o the card back and have us guess like we are now sometime in the future instead of actually showing us picuters of the figures. i hope they weren't saving these for sdcc because we'd all be sorely disappointed . . . well at least i would.

Oh I definitely think these were going to be revealed at the SDCC, and (yet again) we've gotten a premature sneak peak at'em before the PLANNED timetable to do it.

I'm glad we did though, so I'm not complaining. ^_^

I'm just anxious to get one of my own.

yeah but now there is nothing to look forward to at sdcc, as far as more info on upcoming figures. maybe they'll color them in for us lol

I bet they'll have SOMETHING still to unveil for us. ;)

The grip is still about a repainted Duke for Flint. Some hypocrisy came up, when the gloves suddenly disappeared on him and those that fluffed off the sleeves as being a stupid issue, NOW were griping about the missing Gung Ho gloves.

Sleeve length is just that. It can be overlooked as minor; plus it's easily justified. Gloves are part of the character. Flint's a chopper pilot. It's like removing the beret for me. Poof! Hypocrisy gone.

-PJ

I agree the gloves are a bigger deal than the sleeves... hey waitaminute have a not replied once in this thread? geeze! if i don't look out i'll just become a lurker.

Anyways I have always hoped for a ddp serpy over a classic one, that look is too corny for me, the new one at least looks a little more hi-tech. I understand his inclusion but i am baffled how he, torch or satan came before Hawk, He is the general after all!

Satan is a very odd choice, but again, if we got him i have hoped for a more ddp like version. I also would not want the cobra symbol that is bout to be on him. Sei-tin is what ddp called, me and skaraz wanted him called Fallen (as in fallen angel) and either are great but honestly i don't have much of a problem with satan either, considering he is a bad guy. I would rather have had an unmasked stormy or a ninja force stormy if we were going for parts reuse, or even a jvc 1 stormy.

My guess is he'll be Satan, as in red, but he'll be labeled as a "Ninja Viper". One, it avoids any Christian parent groups nonsense that might occur, and two, in a way, he'll be an army-builder, which means that us collectors might get multiples. More money and less hassle for Hasbro.

Personally, I feel that I should be more annoyed at his inclusion (provided I'm right, that is), but oddly I'm not. Yeah, Hawk should be there, but if the line's going over 25 we'll get him eventually. It's a neat surprise, and I'd get him.

Part of it is that it's a repaint that would make sense to me, unlike the Flint or V2 Storm Shadow. I would have rather had a Tiger Force Duke and a black or teal SS/Ninja Viper repaint than those two, if they're going to be repaints. Although I would have preferred Flint and V2 Stormy as CHARACTERS to include, I'd rather look forward to the possibility of new molds for them in the future than get them as they are. Who knows, if the line takes off and they start doing better versions of the same characters (a la Star Wars) they may just do that in a couple of years... :(

well if it is a repaint at least it is a good repaint. here is why i think they choose this one to do:

the WANT to make this line go on for along time and therefor cant blow their load by producing every 'gotta have' figure right away\

\\

they have to 'pad' the line with other characters that people may want and yet not cost much to produce i.e. they need a repaint since the parts are already there

The grip is still about a repainted Duke for Flint. Some hypocrisy came up, when the gloves suddenly disappeared on him and those that fluffed off the sleeves as being a stupid issue, NOW were griping about the missing Gung Ho gloves.

Sleeve length is just that. It can be overlooked as minor; plus it's easily justified. Gloves are part of the character. Flint's a chopper pilot. It's like removing the beret for me. Poof! Hypocrisy gone.

-PJ

You can overlook it as minor and you can think it justified....it's still just what you think. I think it's a little more than "minor" and haven't had much stated to convince me it's "justified" and that would be....just what I think.

The only thing you're doing here..is justifying your point of contention, while still mocking mine. {{POOF}} hypocrisy's back! ;)

I agree the gloves are a bigger deal than the sleeves... hey waitaminute have a not replied once in this thread? geeze! if i don't look out i'll just become a lurker.

The "deal" was broke for me, once it was apparent Flint was just a Duke mold repainted. That's the real shame of it, sleeve differential or no gloves notwithstanding. Somehow, the repaint issue was degenerated into an issue of sleeves, then the gloves issue came up and now it's transformed into a debate as to which issue is the "deal" breaker....sleeves or gloves? @lol@

My contention is still over the repaint issue. If 25 was the magic number for this line, we should have received 25 unique molds for the 25 most popular characters (by Hasbros selection) and if the reaction was so positive to it and interest and sales give way for a continuance of the line BEYOND the planned 25, then a few repaints and whatnot could have sufficed as they worked on the next wave or two.

Side note:

Now that we're certain of getting a Stalker in the lineup, anyone wanting to take odds on whether it's going to be a repaint of the Snake Eyes mold with a new head as Stalker?

If they're going with his original uniform and appearance, which the card art suggest they are, I think it will be, and THAT repaint I wouldn't complain about.

See? Hypocrisy NEVER goes away! @loll@

-PJ

So your opinon is all important and should be heeded by everyone, and mine is unimportant and not worthy to be stated.

That statement just furthers my feelings of Hypocrisy, not alleviating them.

Now that we're certain of getting a Stalker in the lineup, anyone wanting to take odds on whether it's going to be a repaint of the Snake Eyes mold with a new head as Stalker?

I'm sure that's what it will be. Something like your mock up:

stalkerae7.png

Just maybe not with gloves.

Isn't the whole Shipwreck short sleeves/Flint long sleeves issue a little premature? I haven't seen anything that says that this characters are new sculpts at all.

I would think that they would be new sculpts but I thought that about Flint, SE (v2) and SS (v2) also before they revealed the pictures.

You can overlook it as minor and you can think it justified....it's still just what you think.

Yah, that's what I think.

I think it's a little more than "minor" and haven't had much stated to convince me it's "justified" and that would be....just what I think.

Less than normal amount of two sleeves = still got two sleeves.

Loss of two gloves = zero gloves.

Gee, tough. :rolleyes:

The only thing you're doing here..is justifying your point of contention, while still mocking mine. {{POOF}} hypocrisy's back! ;)

See above. Keep saying it until it's true m'kay? Flooding the board always helps.

My contention is still over the repaint issue. If 25 was the magic number for this line,

IF?!?? Are you calling Jay a LIAR?!?? :blink: @smilepunch@

Of course, you were just kidding around when you said it, right?

So your opinon is all important and should be heeded by everyone, and mine is unimportant and not worthy to be stated.

Of course, I didn't say that. You're getting almost as good as VH at jumping to conclusions there.

-PJ

Of course, I didn't say that. You're getting almost as good as VH at jumping to conclusions there.

-PJ

Well then let's look at eaxctly what you said then:

Sleeve length is just that. It can be overlooked as minor; plus it's easily justified.

That is your Opinon, not a fact. No matter how much you'd like to think it is a fact, it just isn't. And you are welcome to that opinon.

Gloves are part of the character. Flint's a chopper pilot. It's like removing the beret for me.

Another Opinon...again nothing wrong with it.

My opinon is that short-sleeves are more a part of Flint's charcater then gloves are. It is possible to pilot a helicopter without gloves. And there have been a few Flints released by Hasbro without gloves. That is my opinon.

Where you get into trouble is basicly saying that it is silly for me to throw a fit about the sleeves, but it's ok for you to rage about not having gloves. That is hypocrisy. You can say it's not all you want, but it won't change the fact that is exactly what it is. So I don't think I was jumping to conculsions when I said what I said...I think that's exactly what you meant even if you didn't come right out and say it. If you don't like it, it's bad and needs to change. If you're fine with it then no one is justifed in complaining about it.

If you want to make hypocrisy actually go *Poof* as you put it...then you might try respecting other people's opinons and their right to state them.

So....Is that all 25 and no more? Cause it just does not seem to be a good tribute to the original line. Of course, I was just hoping to see different ones than what we have figured out so far. I will still get them because i really like the sets but i will just pick and choose. Hey, here's hoping for a blowtorch, recondo and ripcord LOL!

-PJ

Sleeve length is just that. It can be overlooked as minor; plus it's easily justified.

That is your Opinon, not a fact. No matter how much you'd like to think it is a fact, it just isn't. And you are welcome to that opinon.

Gloves are part of the character. Flint's a chopper pilot. It's like removing the beret for me.

My opinon is that short-sleeves are more a part of Flint's charcater then gloves are. It is possible to pilot a helicopter without gloves. And there have been a few Flints released by Hasbro without gloves. That is my opinon.

Where you get into trouble is basicly saying that it is silly for me to throw a fit about the sleeves, but it's ok for you to rage about not having gloves. That is hypocrisy. You can say it's not all you want, but it won't change the fact that is exactly what it is. So I don't think I was jumping to conculsions when I said what I said...I think that's exactly what you meant even if you didn't come right out and say it. If you don't like it, it's bad and needs to change. If you're fine with it then no one is justifed in complaining about it.

If you want to make hypocrisy actually go *Poof* as you put it...then you might try respecting other people's opinons and their right to state them.

Clapping.gif

Nuff said, Rama Sha my man! :)

So....Is that all 25 and no more? Cause it just does not seem to be a good tribute to the original line. Of course, I was just hoping to see different ones than what we have figured out so far. I will still get them because i really like the sets but i will just pick and choose. Hey, here's hoping for a blowtorch, recondo and ripcord LOL!

25 figures was the magic number for the 25th anniversary and as reported in TOY REVIEW with their interview with Jonathan Berkowitz (Hasbro's Joe brand manager)..

There'll be a total of 25 figures produced, with the idea being that we'll get a new G.I.Joe figure for every year the G.I.Joe ARAH brand has been on the shelves. We'll see the 5-packs first. Then, three waves of five single carded figures each, with wave 1 hitting around the same time as the two 5-packs and waves 2 & 3 rolling out sometime after.

Last word on it's continuance or about any vehicles was this..

We wanted to get the roll out right. Our thinking on that was that anyone's first purchases would be figure-related. Once those sales are established you can go anywhere from there.

All the Q&A sessions since have indicated (vaguely) that it's likely going forward, but sales (as always) is the determining factor.

TNI - Continuing on past the initial 25 figures, will all 3.75" figures be using the new sculpting style as with the intial 25 figures, or will we see some type of mixture thrown in, like DTC or classic RAH sculpts mixed in?

Hasbro - Currently the plan is to build on the new 25th style as the new standard for G.I. Joe. We are very excited about the reaction to this style, and we would like to build on the initial success.

Nope, I expect the cards to be the same way at retail. The new Star Wars figures have the next waves blacked out on the back of the cards, just showing the outline.

Draven

By skipping the majority of post #139? :wacko:

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

The fact is in one case, there are sleeves. Tangible sleeves. In the other case, there are no gloves.

One exists, the other doesn't. Fact; not opinion. I can't opinionate something that just plain tangibly exists.

The tangible costume or accessory adds to the overall character. If they made a Batman character without his signature spikey gloves, the DC forum would have the same valid complaint. What if the next Boba Fett just had bare hands? No big deal to you, but like Flint, it does detract from the overall character (rescue helicopter pilot). We're talking about original filecard continuity here.

LOL! WAIT! You state that short-sleeves are more a part of Flint's character than the gloves. . .then you don't write anything telling us why! @loll@ You simply tear down gloves when sleeves are just. . .there. Which is my next argument actually.

Because even when all is said and done (which you fell short of actually doing). . .you still have sleeves.

Where you get into trouble is basicly saying that it is silly for me to throw a fit about the sleeves, but it's ok for you to rage about not having gloves. That is hypocrisy.

Ah, but it's not hypocrisy if you are the one simply projecting the behavior upon the other poster. You can make up any fallacy of intent that you want. The only way you can make it stick is by saying stuff like "basically saying that it is silly. . .blah blah," when that never happened.

If I'm saying all these things you want me to say. . .why don't you go for broke and project something real sinister on me like, accuse me of calling the admin a liar or something?

You can say it's not all you want, but it won't change the fact that is exactly what it is.

Yep! You got exactly 2 sleeves; I have exactly zero gloves. That's the fact that is exactly what it is. Cast in plastic no less.

So I don't think I was jumping to conculsions when I said what I said

Think harder. See above.

Um, I can't ban you. You have the right to your own opinion, including the right to state it. . .but not your own facts. Sorry.

But that's okay, you got VH's approval! :thumbs up: So don't give up yet!

-PJ

I give up on you. This is pointless. Even VH and gscbr will concede a point from time to time. And, in all my foolish pride, have been known to do it as well. But I'm just going in circles with you here and I don't want to get warned or this thread closed over this. Cause this could on forever.

But I will say this. I'm not in this for VH's approval. In this instance we agree, and want the same thing and we see the same thing and it bothers both of us in the same way. But tommorrow could find us on oposite sides of a different debate. I do know this...he has always said the things he says are his opinon and I've never seen him belittle someone else's stance, even if he has been a little overzealous of his own postion.

And that's the last thing I'm going to say about Sleeves vs. Gloves. Cause in the end I'd rather just have a Flint that has Short Sleeves and Gloves.

Funny.............people #$#@# about Flint's sleeves and gloves, but nothing about StormShadow V2's ninja-claws.

Let's face it folks....these are REPRESENTATIONS of the original appearances.

Flint's been made with gloves and without before, and he's still "Flint"--so him lacking them here is just tough beans for the fussy ones.

Waht's next---people saying he "gotta have" his cocky smirk??

Maybe they want the real Sgt. Slaughter with his gut too??

There's just no pleasing some people..........ever.............Yeesh!

Assuming some Hasbro reps do read these boards (and I'm sure they do), I get the feeling they probably laugh their arses off at how serious these debates can get.

Maybe they send emails to each other with links to certain topics or posts. Maybe they even quote some of us in parody.

I can see them saying things like: "To short-sleeve or not to short-sleeve. That is the question."

You can be sure they have a voodoo doll with VH's name on it.

(?)

:P

BTW, VH's Stinger Driver looks great. Bet its just they way it'll look.

The sleeves issue, as an argument in itself, sounds a bit silly, I agree, but it's indicative of the larger problem of this (and V2 Storm Shadow) being a repaint. The sleeves and gloves on Flint are just the most obvious indicators that something's wrong with the figure. It wouldn't be a problem if they had just taken the time to do unique mold for him. Flint's such a major character that they'd be able to get a couple of repaints of him, too, like a cartoon-accurate one, a Night Force version and a Tiger Force version.

As VH has stated also, Stalker being a repaint, more or less, of Snake Eyes is fine, since they shared parts in the first place. It's too bad... If Flint had been released later, he'd probably get his own mold, and they could have given us Breaker, Grunt or V1 Hawk if they needed to save some money.

Funny.............people #$#@# about Flint's sleeves and gloves, but nothing about StormShadow V2's ninja-claws.

Let's face it folks....these are REPRESENTATIONS of the original appearances.

Flint's been made with gloves and without before, and he's still "Flint"--so him lacking them here is just tough beans for the fussy ones.

Waht's next---people saying he "gotta have" his cocky smirk??

Maybe they want the real Sgt. Slaughter with his gut too??

There's just no pleasing some people..........ever.............Yeesh!

Maybe if they at least looked like they put some effort into it, I would be pleased.

Thing is, doesn't look like it. Flint, Storm Shadow V2 and Snake Eyes V2 are just lazy repaints with new heads and partially new gear. It doesn't look like they even tried to mix some parts up. Hell, they showed more creativity and effort with DTC than with this latest batch.