GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think it(satan outline) could be a spirit fig??

ok, I'll go back to my whole...

Yea, I thought about that myself, but Spirit never used a bow in the original toy form.

His inclusion would make some logical sense....

Mind you, V2 Stormshadow orginally came with the ninja claws, but this new version has none.

I just cannot see Hasbro naming a domestically-sold figure "Satan", or "Sei-tin", or "Say-Tan" or any phonetic mismash of the word. Anything to do with "Satan" is just too troublesome a thing in the toy biz.

Does anyone know how these scale with Marvel Legends Showdown? Taller? Shorter? Just perfect?

They will probably scale just fine with them. Keep in mind that superheroes are meant to be just a bit taller though, so these will likely be around the same size.

From JayC???

You mean to infer he's making this stuff up?? unreliable information?

LAFFO! He clarified it for me, so no harm no foul. And like I stated earlier in the thread, I had my legal disclaimers all lined up in case someone wanted to put words in my mouth. ;)

I fold. . .let's deal another hand. @hmmm@ @cool@

-PJ

Does anyone know how these scale with Marvel Legends Showdown? Taller? Shorter? Just perfect?

They will probably scale just fine with them. Keep in mind that superheroes are meant to be just a bit taller though, so these will likely be around the same size.

I hope so! I'm no Joe collector, but I used to watch the cartoon on TV and these look great. Great articulation, clean paint applications. If they do fit with ML Showdown, I would totally buy these.

You're suggesting that they didn't know they were doing Shipwreck yet, when they made Flint, so that's why the question was posted by Rama Sha as to why they couldn't have used the short sleeves, it would appear Shipwreck will be sportin' on Flint?

I don't agree with your assumption of them not knowing they were doing a Shipwreck, or at least not having the mold ready yet, so they could use HIS short sleeves instead of Dukes longer ones.

Just an opinion nevertheless, but at least I'm stating it as so, and not throwing it around like I'm in-the-know on these production issues and time schedules.

You don't have the answer for it, you have (like we ALL have) an opinion on it.

what are you reading? my position clearly states that they could have easily decided to do Flint and Shipwreck at the exact same time, thus they knew that they were doing them both at the same time, and even went forward with making them at the same time, but if one is being made from existing parts and the other from scratch, they obvioulsy would not be ready at the same time.

are you simply ignoring what I am clearly saying, or did you honestly not understand that entire diatribe about why it would take longer?

I will concede that Hasbro set the list for the 15 single pack figures at the same time (it has already been established that Hasbro went into production with only the 2- 5 packs planned and then after retail response decided to expand to 25, thus the first 10 were well into production before the final 15 were conceived, and thus the 15 figure number. and Hasbro marketing them as a full 25 figures in ads does not contradict this because their marketing is about the final products, not the process they took to get there -- besides, the press is not absolute in its correctness --getting two SE's, SS's and CC's are still one character, so we are only getting 22 of the most popular characters, not 25, so you can't depend on press release as an absolute truth of what we get, nevertheless how we get them or the decisions behind it). but when one figure is obvioulsy being made from figure parts that already exist -- Duke parts -- and the other is going to have to be made new for Shipwreck, it is clearly obvious that the one that is being made from existing parts is going to take less time and can be released sooner. thus, despite the fact that Hasbro decided to do the two characters at the same time, Flint was probably well into production before well before Shipwrecks molds were even complete, thus Shipwreck's arms were not available for use.

it has nothing to do with being a know-all in these matters. in fact, I think purposely ignoring these basic premises of manufacturing to defend your flawed position reflects more negativley upon you than any evaluation of my attitude or perceived self righteousness. do I know these as facts? no. do I understand enough about the process to make an educated assumption of why a figure being released sooner and another later are done so? absolutely.

could Hasbro have simply waited to make Flint? of course they could, I am not saying otherwise. they intentionally made him as a repaint because it would get him on the shelves sooner than having to sculpt a new figure. that isn't the point. the point is that is the reason why he couldn't use Shipwreck's arms -- they more than llikely weren't even molded yet by the time Flint was being manufactured despite the fact that Hasbro decided to make both characters at the same time. your position that because the decision was made at the same time to make both characters means that the sculpts had to have been also made at the same time, but that can't be so, because Flint is being made with Duke parts, and Duke was already in production before Shipwreck was even considered, thus Flint's arms were already produced before Shipwreck was even considered. how can Shpwreck's arms be made when they were dependent upon Duke's figure already being made, because without them (and the rest of the first 10 figures that garnered the interest to make the other 15, we wouldn't even have Shipwreck.

but I am sure you will simply pick one part of what I say, ignore the rest, and attempt to argue that dishonestly to continue to defend your position. be my guest.

what are you reading? my position clearly states that they could have easily decided to do Flint and Shipwreck at the exact same time, thus they knew that they were doing them both at the same time, and even went forward with making them at the same time, but if one is being made from existing parts and the other from scratch, they obvioulsy would not be ready at the same time.

are you simply ignoring what I am clearly saying, or did you honestly not understand that entire diatribe about why it would take longer?

I will concede that Hasbro set the list for the 15 single pack figures at the same time (it has already been established that Hasbro went into production with only the 2- 5 packs planned and then after retail response decided to expand to 25, thus the first 10 were well into production before the final 15 were conceived, and thus the 15 figure number. and Hasbro marketing them as a full 25 figures in ads does not contradict this because their marketing is about the final products, not the process they took to get there -- besides, the press is not absolute in its correctness --getting two SE's, SS's and CC's are still one character, so we are only getting 22 of the most popular characters, not 25, so you can't depend on press release as an absolute truth of what we get, nevertheless how we get them or the decisions behind it). but when one figure is obvioulsy being made from figure parts that already exist -- Duke parts -- and the other is going to have to be made new for Shipwreck, it is clearly obvious that the one that is being made from existing parts is going to take less time and can be released sooner. thus, despite the fact that Hasbro decided to do the two characters at the same time, Flint was probably well into production before well before Shipwrecks molds were even complete, thus Shipwreck's arms were not available for use.

it has nothing to do with being a know-all in these matters. in fact, I think purposely ignoring these basic premises of manufacturing to defend your flawed position reflects more negativley upon you than any evaluation of my attitude or perceived self righteousness. do I know these as facts? no. do I understand enough about the process to make an educated assumption of why a figure being released sooner and another later are done so? absolutely.

could Hasbro have simply waited to make Flint? of course they could, I am not saying otherwise. they intentionally made him as a repaint because it would get him on the shelves sooner than having to sculpt a new figure. that isn't the point. the point is that is the reason why he couldn't use Shipwreck's arms -- they more than llikely weren't even molded yet by the time Flint was being manufactured despite the fact that Hasbro decided to make both characters at the same time. your position that because the decision was made at the same time to make both characters means that the sculpts had to have been also made at the same time, but that can't be so, because Flint is being made with Duke parts, and Duke was already in production before Shipwreck was even considered, thus Flint's arms were already produced before Shipwreck was even considered. how can Shpwreck's arms be made when they were dependent upon Duke's figure already being made, because without them (and the rest of the first 10 figures that garnered the interest to make the other 15, we wouldn't even have Shipwreck.

but I am sure you will simply pick one part of what I say, ignore the rest, and attempt to argue that dishonestly to continue to defend your position. be my guest.

The reason you say may be exactly what happened. They may be exactly the reason that Shipwreck's arms were not used for Flint. But I do think that your logic that the conclusive proof of that is that Flint is coming out first and thus Shipwreck's molds must not have existed at the time they were making Flint is flawed. It could be it, but it also couldn't be it. There are many instances of figure molds being made and not used for a time. This happens a lot. I already pointed out the Ice Armor He-Man/ Battle Fist example, but there are others even from Hasbro. There were two figures from the Star Wars line (I don't remember what their exact names ended up being.) but they were a Bespin Luke and a Bespin Vader. (Maybe someone that's been keeping up on SW could find out.) These figures where on a leaked list and several test shots showed up on ebay, proving the molds existed, but the figure never came at retail and people started asking about them. Hasbro said they were looking for a place they would fit. Which is a pretty typical line from Hasbro. I remember seeing them as early as 2000. These figures finally came out during Saga I believe which was around 2002. Now, by the logic you are presenting...all of the Attack of the Clones figures that came out before them had to been made before these two because they were released first. Which I find, unlikely given that AOTC was in Pre-Production about the time I remember seeing these figures.

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong...I'm just saying your common sense logical evidence is shaky given the past precedent of the exact opposite happening before. It's probably what happened, but there are other possibilities. It could be the molds exist, but that they are being used to make Shipwrecks. Or the arms and chest of Duke could be in the same mold and they don't want to have to use two molds when they could only use one. Or someone just didn't want to use the Shipwreck arms cause he though the Duke ones where closer. Or maybe Shipwreck will come out with Duke's arms too...The honest answer is that none of us know why...we can guess, and some might seem more likely then others, but we still don't know. And anyone that says they do know is frankly full of it.

You're suggesting that they didn't know they were doing Shipwreck yet, when they made Flint, so that's why the question was posted by Rama Sha as to why they couldn't have used the short sleeves, it would appear Shipwreck will be sportin' on Flint?

I don't agree with your assumption of them not knowing they were doing a Shipwreck, or at least not having the mold ready yet, so they could use HIS short sleeves instead of Dukes longer ones.

Just an opinion nevertheless, but at least I'm stating it as so, and not throwing it around like I'm in-the-know on these production issues and time schedules.

Sweet Merciful Crap, who the f**k cares! This has become just a bunch of bickering like a middle school debate club! For f**k's sake, get over yourselves and lets get back to talking about the toys that we've all been wanting since 1982. Quit complaining about Flint's sleeves, would you rather have this figure, or Ninja Force Flint from 1994?!? Just be glad for what you have and friggin' move on.

the satan figure has really thrown a curveball...after all, they pretty much told us that these were going to be the most iconic figures from the domestic toy line. I wouldnt count Satan as being iconic at all, plus he's not a domestic figure. Likewise, Ninja Viper does not deserve that glory spot among characters like cobra commander, lady jaye, snake eyes and storm shadow.

Are we sure that the 1984 storm shadow isnt going to just get resold as a single figure like what they are doing with the cobra trooper???? This would be my bet, as i'm sure he will sell well as a single carded figure.

-saboteur

1. It's Satan.

2. It's Ninja-Viper. (Why not just use his original art though?)

3. It's Billy. (Meaning the head in the art will be altered.)

4. It's Storm Shadow. (Why not use the original art?)

5. It's a red version of Storm Shadow with the "Satan" name no where to be seen.

joe_4.jpg

cardbackgj2.png

This is what I'm making out of the shadow figures.

The one ? on top is probably Serpentor, and since he didn't have much of a file card image, or single card of his own, they had to make one? The bottom ? is who.........Satan? @hmmm@

Yea definitely that is Serpentor and Satan looks to be the ideal choice for the mystery figure.

I am dying to see these pictures! :)

like i said, it doesnt make sense to have all of these iconic joes and then a pretty obscure (at least in the eyes of the common collector) south american figure.

-saboteur

It doesn't make any sense as far as iconic characters representing the 25th Anniversary but it makes PERFECT sense as far as taking a mold they already have and getting another figure out of it without doing anything but change the color. It all comes down to costs I'm sure. It's either we get a Satan figure or whoever it is going to be and throw a kink in the whole "these need to be iconic figures" line of thought or we don't get a figure at all. I'd take a Robo Joe figure over no figure there at all.

Sweet Merciful Crap, who the f**k cares! This has become just a bunch of bickering like a middle school debate club! For f**k's sake, get over yourselves and lets get back to talking about the toys that we've all been wanting since 1982. Quit complaining about Flint's sleeves, would you rather have this figure, or Ninja Force Flint from 1994?!? Just be glad for what you have and friggin' move on.

That all depends...would it be a repainted Ninja Force Flint, complete with fluorescent orange and green? Cause if so, this is no easy decision...

the satan figure has really thrown a curveball...after all, they pretty much told us that these were going to be the most iconic figures from the domestic toy line. I wouldnt count Satan as being iconic at all, plus he's not a domestic figure. Likewise, Ninja Viper does not deserve that glory spot among characters like cobra commander, lady jaye, snake eyes and storm shadow.

Are we sure that the 1984 storm shadow isnt going to just get resold as a single figure like what they are doing with the cobra trooper???? This would be my bet, as i'm sure he will sell well as a single carded figure.

-saboteur

This is a lot of what I was thinking/saying in my other post on the matter. I think you're probably right about it being a reissue Storm Shadown from the 5-pack, but like you said, and like I said before, why not use the Storm Shadow '84 art? If we get an explanation as to perhaps why they couldn't use or don't have the '84 art, Satan's art would be the next best thing (he'd just need to be modified like the 25th 2nd Storm Shadow art).

If you don't care, why post at all? There's nothing wrong with being critical that Flint, who's probably the second or third most recognizable Joe from the whole series, has been relegated to a lazy repaint of Duke.

This attitude bothers me. If we were just "glad for what we have" we might not have even had this line. What if we just mindlessly bought loads and loads of t-crotch Joe vs Cobra figures, thinking "well, they're not perfect, but it's probably the best we'll get, so I won't complain and just praise Hasbro all the time"?

It also makes for a boring forum.

Does anyone think it(satan outline) could be a spirit fig??

ok, I'll go back to my whole...

I was kind of hoping it would be a spirit figure, but the outline image looks too much like the red cobra. I would have thought spirit would have been in there as well as bludd.

If you don't care, why post at all? There's nothing wrong with being critical that Flint, who's probably the second or third most recognizable Joe from the whole series, has been relegated to a lazy repaint of Duke.

This attitude bothers me. If we were just "glad for what we have" we might not have even had this line. What if we just mindlessly bought loads and loads of t-crotch Joe vs Cobra figures, thinking "well, they're not perfect, but it's probably the best we'll get, so I won't complain and just praise Hasbro all the time"?

I've no problem critiquing/criticizing Hasbro for grievous errors, like t-crotch, scale, or action features. Something like sleeves being a 1/4" too long? Come on.

There's a difference between a boring forum and a peaceable forum.

I've no problem critiquing/criticizing Hasbro for grievous errors, like t-crotch, scale, or action features. Something like sleeves being a 1/4" too long? Come on.

@lol@ That's hilarious!

You fly off on a foul mouthed tangent about somebody elses ongoing debate about production timetables and possiblities of parts being available for OTHER figures or not, and yet you're preaching "peaceable forums"?

So far, I only see YOU as being out of line and getting carried away. You don't like the discussion others are engaged in, ignore it or start another thread of your own. That's the "peaceful" respectful thing to do, not scream at others because you don't like what THEY'RE debating or arguing about.

@lol@ That's hilarious!

You fly off on a foul mouthed tangent about somebody elses ongoing debate about production timetables and possiblities of parts being available for OTHER figures or not, and yet you're preaching "peaceable forums"?

So far, I only see YOU as being out of line and getting carried away. You don't like the discussion others are engaged in, ignore it or start another thread of your own. That's the "peaceful" respectful thing to do, not scream at others because you don't like what THEY'RE debating or arguing about.

really dude just ignore them like the rest of us do @smilepunch@ there's no need to scream and swear (as far as i translated from the bold and large print of you're post) usually if i see one of their posts and its longer than a paragraph and filled with guotes its safe to say they're going on about a subject and safe to ignore it. (not to mention its always the same 3-4 people lol)

but guys, lets not make this another one of those threads that get locked for people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about the thread getting locked. . . :blink:

anyway. . .my top thoughts on what the ninja like shadow could be in figure form.

1. red ninja trooper (but why not call it satan??? there are a lot of other toys out there with similar or worse names who are also red. they could just call him santa though and we would all undrestand :))

2. ninja viper/trooper

3. v.1 storm shadow

4. billy

Why is everyone so sure this is going to be Satan? Why couldn't it just be SS released in a single pack? Satan to me seems like a very long shot. I don't think too many parents would approve of the name, and it would stir a lot of bad publicity for the line. Even if the disguised it, Sei-ten, and the like, I'm sure it would only postpone the bad press until people started to catch on.

I just wouldn't hold my breath that this is Satan until we see a pic, or have confirmation for sure.

man if it were my parents who saw it as sei-ten they wouldn't get it. i'd have to say it a couple times and then explain it to them and then explain why i have a figure with that name lol. then i'd here my mom go on about how i only seem to be getting bad guys. . .

why complain about Shipwreck getting short sleeves when stylistically they are much more different than Flint's, so why get all worked up about using a pair of arms that don't belong?

It's been narrowed down to an arms thing, over the ongoing debate about Flint being a Duke repaint. The Duke repaint is the main issue, the sleeves only came up, because some decided to excuse the fact, as the sleeves being the only thing REALLY all that different.

The grip is still about a repainted Duke for Flint. Some hypocrisy came up, when the gloves suddenly disappeared on him and those that fluffed off the sleeves as being a stupid issue, NOW were griping about the missing Gung Ho gloves.

The fact at the end of the day is that WE DON'T KNOW what timetable Hasbro had to work with, we don't know the financials involved, and we don't know any of the internal decisions made in regards to WHEN figures started being made.

You've hit the nail on the head, with regards to some of my ongoing battles with various members here, in that they DO seem to think THEY KNOW these answers and are so quick to defend hasbro against a critique or complaint and shoot down somebody elses opinion or comment, as though they know FIRSTHAND how these things operate and are produced.

If they're going to be that cocky...they need to provide some credentials for their information. Did they use to work for a toy manufacturing company? Have relatives that do? Read a book on it? Spent 20 minutes chatting with a Hasbro rep at a Toy convention on it? Take a course in college on it? Won a free tour thru the Hasbro offices in Pawtucket?

Logic and common sense are sure good tools of the brain, this is no doubt, but to use it as a way of giving merit to YOUR OWN opinions, by asserting that somebody else's is illogical or stupid...is weak. @lol@

I'm inclined to believe we're ALL uninformed for the most part, and are only speculating, so it's easy to get defensive when others want to slap down anothers assertions as though they DO know something we don't.