GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

Anyone else notice that Destro suddenly has a chromed head? If the regular release does not, then I'll have to buy Pimp Daddy Destro just to swap the head so the regular Destro can have the chrome.

On to Satan...And here I was thinking that I'd have to buy a second five pack of cobras just to customize my own Satan figure...I can't believe they're making one, but there is the card art. I dunno...This is indeed surreal, and I hope it's real.

THANK YOU HASBRO!!!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall, General Hawk said that the 25th line was originally intended as a pair of 5 packs, and singles were added after retailers pushed for more product in the style, as such, wave 1 was done on a fairly short time schedule, hence the reused characters and parts. From what I understand, wave 1 singles are due in June, but wave 2 isn't due until September. That is a fairly significant gap between releases, so it still stands to reason that Hasbro simply did not have time to tool new upper arms for Flint (which could then be used on Shipwreck). Either way it is a moot point to argue as we don't know whether or not such parts existed in time for Flint's production run.

Kinda surprised by Satan's appearance, but that kinda proves Hasbro had plans beyond 25 figures LONG before the announcement was made, possibly even before Toy Fair. Probably a good thing these didn't leak sooner, otherwise we'd have tons of gripes about getting a red Storm Shadow taking a slot :P

I eagerly await pics of the next round of figures, but I think Satan (or whatever he ends up called) will be among the first 25th figures I don't get.

I figured Hasbro had the plans for more than 25 a long time ago too. I think Hasbro said 25 at first to get us excited and now they see that its worth taking the next step.

But first repaint I predict?

STINGER DRIVER.

Bring it on, Hasbro!!!

IT'S HERE MAN!

IT'S HERE....

stinger2ll3.png

^_^

joe_4.jpg

IMAG009.JPGIMAG005.JPG

I'm pretty sure its the Soldier.

But what really has my blood boiling is the Shipwreck. Not cause I don't want him, quite the opposite in fact. What's got me mad about him is that he has short sleeves AND gloves. Why don't they use his arms for Flint? That would make a lot more sense.

probably because Shipwreck wasn't produced until after Flint, so his parts can't be used for a figure that was been made before him. that would be like asking why did Hasbro make the JvC Gung Ho t-crotch when they could have used the VvV wave 7 Gung Ho figure, which was o-ringed? whether it is 2 months or two years doesn't matter, parts can't be used before they exist. you can only reuse parts that are made prior to the figure being made, not after. the fact that Shipwreck is being released after Flint should answer your question.

Is that fact or theory?

Do you really think they didn't know what all figures they were making for the line, when they started tooling the molds and whatnot? The order of which they're releasing the images, does not necessarily indicate the order of which they're being MADE.

That's a reasonable assumption, amongst nothing BUT assuming....by us ALL! Hasbro excuses and positive assumptions always carry more weight though..right? ;)

no, but the order they are being released sure as heck indictae the order they are bing made. that doesn't need fact or theory, I think common sense dictates that. by your logic, the sheer fact that the 87 series of Joes were eventually released means that they were planned for at the same time as any series that was produced before it, thus Falcons parts should have been available to use for figures in the 84 series. I hardly doubt that is the case.

Flint comes out in June, Shipwreck in July or September or October or whenever, simply later than June. I think common sense dictates that Shipwreck was produced AFTER Flint, thus so were his parts.

do you prefer a smaller period of time? how about VvV wave 1 and 2? do you think they were produced at the same time, or was there a period of time between them? the period of time does not reflect upon planning or Hasbro being unorganized, it is logical to assume they knew what characters they were going to make, they simply hadn't made them, which dictates what is available for them to work with. plain and simple. and a figure part produced for a character released in wave 2 or 3 would not be produced for a character being released in wave 1.

as I said, the images order may not reflect when they are being made, but, again, common sense sure dictates that WHEN the figures are released sure as heck dictates when they are made. and the fact that Shipwreck 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT is being released AFTER Flint dictates he was made after Flint. and if his parts are entirely new, which we don't know yet if they are, I can say with certainty without any facts to back it up that those parts were produced after Flint went into production.

feel free to believe otherwise, but your position that figure releases do not reflect upon when those figures are produced leads to the unbelievable scenario that Hasbro has every figure part produced for every figure they intend to make at some point already produced. so, if Hasbro already plans to make Recondo in 2008, they should already have those parts produced today, thus they should be available to use on other figure released sooner? that is where your position leads, and it is simply unbelievable.

why would they waste a spot on a red ninja/satan figure. It doesn't make sense. Though looking at the image, it does look that way...

who said a spot is being wasted? unless Hasbro says an Alpine figure will never be made directly because they are making a Satan/Red Ninja, and they can only do one or the other, the figure isn't taking the spot of any other character.

I don't see Alpine anywhere on the shadowy images of figures yet to come. @hmmm@ Is it permissible for some to assume he WON'T be made, therefore giving merit to ones assertion that Satan MIGHT be a "wasted spot" if such a character (like Alpine) isn't made instead?

no it doesn't. maybe [insert any character name you like]is never going to be made, so the repaint character is not taking their spot. if the option is repaint character or repacked previously released figure, the new character wasn't going to be released anyway so the spot wasn't theirs to be taken. by your logic, the 85 SE's wasted a spot for another character, so did Duke, Major Bludd, and Cobra Commander, because instead of one extra NEW character in 83 we got figures already released via mail away. of course you have to ignore the possibility that those figures were planned to be released from the get go and no other new character were planned, so they didn't take away a spot from possibly a new arctic trooper or Army ranger or whatever you prefer. same principle applies here.

On the whole conversation about flint and shipwreck's arms... flint didnt have short sleeves anyways, so why would shipwrecks arms be better? shipwreck had short sleeves but flint had rolled up sleeves. with that the case, I think the current flint arms are more accurate anyways.

But on a sidenote since i dont know a lot about toy time-tables and such. Hasbro modded the artwork to match the figures being made EXCEPT that the flint artwork has shortsleeves and gloves. is it feesable with the release date that they intend to make shorter rolled up sleeve arms for flint so that they can use them later? along with his gloves? Not saying that I think hasbro would take the time to swap out, but is it at least a possible with the time needed and the anticipated release date?

But on a sidenote since i dont know a lot about toy time-tables and such. Hasbro modded the artwork to match the figures being made EXCEPT that the flint artwork has shortsleeves and gloves. is it feesable with the release date that they intend to make shorter rolled up sleeve arms for flint so that they can use them later? along with his gloves? Not saying that I think hasbro would take the time to swap out, but is it at least a possible with the time needed and the anticipated release date?

And again, we just don't know what timetable Hasbro had in regards to the 25th line. My gut instinct is that Hasbro would have included "more proper" arms if they had a chance.

And if they follow the Star Wars model, we'll probably see him next year with a new headsculpt, removable beret, and proper arms @hmmm@

I wished that all the figures were released as single cards and not 5 packs. Single cards display so much better. I can't stand the wait any longer for these figures. Now with the back of the single card revealed. I hope this is not some cruel sceme. They are really releasing 10 different versions of Chuckles. oh the humanity of it all.

YESSSSSSS SEEEEERRRRPENNNNNTOOOOORRRRRRR!!!!!

Hells yeah! Hasbro, you guys rule!!! I am SO glad they are bustin' out a new Serpentor figure! I love that character, I think he's so awesome!

And Firefly, Beach Head, Zartan, and Crimson Guard would be the icing on the beautiful Joe cake for sure!

Where's Major Bludd though :(

ALSO just who the hell is this Satan dude? I've never heard of a Satan in the G.I. Joe Universe..was one ever made?

Why is everyone so sure this is going to be Satan? Why couldn't it just be SS released in a single pack? Satan to me seems like a very long shot. I don't think too many parents would approve of the name, and it would stir a lot of bad publicity for the line. Even if the disguised it, Sei-ten, and the like, I'm sure it would only postpone the bad press until people started to catch on.

I just wouldn't hold my breath that this is Satan until we see a pic, or have confirmation for sure.

Why is everyone so sure this is going to be Satan? Why couldn't it just be SS released in a single pack? Satan to me seems like a very long shot. I don't think too many parents would approve of the name, and it would stir a lot of bad publicity for the line. Even if the disguised it, Sei-ten, and the like, I'm sure it would only postpone the bad press until people started to catch on.

I just wouldn't hold my breath that this is Satan until we see a pic, or have confirmation for sure.

How would they catch on? Most don't know who Satan is in the GI Joe U. Only the collectors and rabid fans would. Its brobably just a Red Ninja to them.

no, but the order they are being released sure as heck indictae the order they are bing made. that doesn't need fact or theory, I think common sense dictates that. by your logic, the sheer fact that the 87 series of Joes were eventually released means that they were planned for at the same time as any series that was produced before it, thus Falcons parts should have been available to use for figures in the 84 series. I hardly doubt that is the case.

Flint comes out in June, Shipwreck in July or September or October or whenever, simply later than June. I think common sense dictates that Shipwreck was produced AFTER Flint, thus so were his parts.

You know...breaking up the WHOLE of a product, to spread out (the release of it) into smaller portions, is not something UNKNOWN to the marketing world, nor is it such a STRETCH of logic, or any lack of common sense, (on my part) in bringing up it's practice. I can think of a popular movie trilogy that was filmed all at once, but released into....hmmmm THREE seperate films, over an extended period of time.

So (by YOUR logic) because they released images of DUKE first, it "sure as heck indicates" that his mold was completed before any other and the first HOT OFF THE PRESS figure? There's no doubt or question in your mind on this? Hasbro is so eager and anxious to get the teasing started with details of the (unmade as yet) images of the prototypes of the 25th anniversary collection, they release them in the order of production?

Man, that's a leap of logic and just plain stubborn naivety on your part, if you're going to hang onto that kind of logic, just for the sake of disputing mine. @lol@

as I said, the images order may not reflect when they are being made, but, again, common sense sure dictates that WHEN the figures are released sure as heck dictates when they are made. and the fact that Shipwreck 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT is being released AFTER Flint dictates he was made after Flint. and if his parts are entirely new, which we don't know yet if they are, I can say with certainty without any facts to back it up that those parts were produced after Flint went into production.

feel free to believe otherwise, but your position that figure releases do not reflect upon when those figures are produced leads to the unbelievable scenario that Hasbro has every figure part produced for every figure they intend to make at some point already produced. so, if Hasbro already plans to make Recondo in 2008, they should already have those parts produced today, thus they should be available to use on other figure released sooner? that is where your position leads, and it is simply unbelievable.

The only reason we know about, as many of the characters in the lineup that we DO, is due to some sneaky computer nerds ability to tap into some archived images that Hasbro had been PLANNING to release over a OFFICIAL period of time, but instead we got them all at once, and ruined the tease factor.

Now we're sort of spoiling the "PLAN" even more, by getting the picture of the cardback, which I'm sure these figures weren't to be revealed just yet, and likely planned for the SDCC or later, but here we ARE...we got another SNEAK preview before the PLANNED release date.

Had we not seen these images when we did, I guess we'd be left to assume they weren't even made yet, because Hasbro hadn't released the photos yet? Is that the logic you're trying to cling to here?

Hasbro DOES like to work with different companies (toy magazines and retailers) in giving them some promotional fodder and they recieve a nice little paycheck for it, to have them give a sneak preview of their upcoming product. Don't you think this all takes planning and time management?

I don't see Alpine anywhere on the shadowy images of figures yet to come. @hmmm@ Is it permissible for some to assume he WON'T be made, therefore giving merit to ones assertion that Satan MIGHT be a "wasted spot" if such a character (like Alpine) isn't made instead?

no it doesn't. maybe [insert any character name you like]is never going to be made, so the repaint character is not taking their spot.

I think the jest of the point that was made, is that if [insert any character name you like] NEVER gets produced, we would not know if it's becuase they were never planned anyway, or that Hasbro only had a select number of figures to make to begin with, selections were made based off this criteria, and SATAN was selected over [insert any character name you like] for the entire run. Firefly69 indicated that he would have rather had almost ANY other figure made, before going with an international variant, on a 25th anniversary edition, of which it's "limitations" are not entirely known at this point.

Look at how DTC wave 4 was handled.

Getting a Satan, before a more popular character like [insert any character name you like] would be a concern, just for the fact the whole thing might be scrapped early, if sales do not meet expectations, even if figures are already planned or MADE. Satan got in, but somebody else didn't, "before the lock" and that means a "SLOT was taken" in the run, the retail available run, of the anniversary set, that could have been filled with [insert any character name you like].

I guess I'm not seeing the argument against that type of thinking. You're too technical on these comments. Unless you actually WORK for Hasbro, you should attempt to try and tone down the rethoric a little more, that seems to imply you DO. Stating you don't (work for Hasbro) but claim to have more "common sense" or a grasp of "logic" over the rest of us, doesn't always cut it. That's lame. You might as well declare you stayed in a HOLIDAY EXPRESS! @smilepunch@

you are right it is the cobra, the pic of the crimson guard i have is mirrored reverse. thanks. see that's why i hide my face in shame.

Don't feel that way.

I grabbed the image of Crimson Guard FIRST, when I was checking on it originally, thinking the same thing, and noticed it didn't match, so I deducted then, that it must be the soldier, grabbed the image of it, and sure enough. ^_^

Well, it's definitely the image used for Satans card, but that's all we know for certain. They might be using it for something else besides a character named Satan.

If they're doing one though, it's fairly cool, that they're throwing in some international variants, which would certainly be a nod to the hardcore collectors of the series. I don't have a problem with it, other than it just being another V1 SS...painted RED!

Nice to have MOC, for your display case, but rather boring, if you open and play with them and can paint/customize your own SS for a satan. ^_^

I'd rather have a new mold of someone else, while the lines still new and uncancelled.

Yeah, I know they're using the same card art, I could just see them photoshopping the color to make it white, and make that SS's V1 single card art. Of course, that would bring up the question why don't they just use the SS V1's own card art? Which is something I didn't think about until I just typed it out. So, who knows. I just don't see Satan being thrown out there just yet. Maybe. I could understand Hasbro's reasoning behind it. It would be a character known to collectors, that collectors would probably buy since most don't have the orginal. And it would be cost effective to them because they would be able to produce another character without creating another mold. So, maybe I just blew my own theory out of the water there, and maybe it is Satan. I'm still going to remain a little sceptical until I hear something more official than the fact that they're using his card art.

You know...breaking up the WHOLE of a product, to spread out (the release of it) into smaller portions, is not something UNKNOWN to the marketing world, nor is it such a STRETCH of logic, or any lack of common sense, (on my part) in bringing up it's practice. I can think of a popular movie trilogy that was filmed all at once, but released into....hmmmm THREE seperate films, over an extended period of time.

So (by YOUR logic) because they released images of DUKE first, it "sure as heck indicates" that his mold was completed before any other and the first HOT OFF THE PRESS figure? There's no doubt or question in your mind on this? Hasbro is so eager and anxious to get the teasing started with details of the (unmade as yet) images of the prototypes of the 25th anniversary collection, they release them in the order of production?

Man, that's a leap of logic and just plain stubborn naivety on your part, if you're going to hang onto that kind of logic, just for the sake of disputing mine. @lol@

what are you talking about? it is your argument that releases of IMAGES does not indicate when they are produced. my argument is release of the FIGURES themselves, not images, indicates when they are produced. and of the first ten FIGURES, they are being released at the same time, meaning they were produced at the same time, and FIGURES released afterwards are produced afterwards. IMAGES of the toys and the FIGURES themselves are two entirely different things. how the IMAGES are revealed to the public is a completely different practice all together from the release and production of the FIGURES themselves. saying that the FIGURES and the IMAGES of the figures are the same is either stupid or dishonest. you decide which you are being by asserting they are the same thing because they aren't. or have you simply misunderstood that taking apicture of a completed toy is not the same thing as actually producing that toy from scratch.

we are talking PRODUCTION of figures and RELEASE of figures, not when pictures are taken of them. your argument ignores the fact that figures have to go through stages of production, from concept to design to manufacturing. you simply want to say that since Hasbro plans on making Shipwreck he has to have been already producd simply because he is planned, and if not Hasbro is unorganized. how can they plan for something and not have made it? simple. planning is just one part of the step.

is the process really that far fetched to you that Hasbro produced 10 figures for two box sets only, which has been pretty much been well documented to be fact, and that retail support encouraged Hasbro to do more figures, of which the process went as follows.

-Hasbro wants more figures released.

-Hasbro plans for 15 more figures to total 25.

-all 15 characters are settled upon.

-to get the first batch of 5 figures out, Hasbro uses already created molds to make them to reduce the production time on the 5 figures and get them to stores sooner.

-Hasbro begins production on the next 10 figures, which takes longer to make because they are from scratch.

is the concept that figures that have to be made from scratch take longer to make than a repainted figure really too complicated a concept for you to grasp? honestly? no intent to insult you at all. because this is essentially what you are arguing cannot occur. you are saying it takes just as long to change the paint set ups on a machine and sculpt a new head and weapons, which aren't complicated parts, takes just as long as sculpting an entire figure from scratch, which requires sculpting joints and articulation points, selecting colors, setting up the machines with new molds, and manufacturing the figures, thus Shipwreck and Flint should be ready to go at the same time simply because they were started at the same time? do you honestly believe that one process, which is far more complicated, takes just as long as one that requires less?

for arguments sake, lets create a mock time table for producing a figure from scratch (already existing parts we will count as a day for themselves), with one day for each step, and the figure being released immediately.

Flint and Shipwreck go into production at the same time.

Flint needs only a head, weapon and web gear. 3 parts, 3 days to manufactire and produce + 1 day for Duke parts which only need to be manufactured not created = 4 days. in store on day 5.

Shipwreck needs head, torso, midsection, upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, lower legs, waist, weapons and accesories: 10 parts, 10 days. in store day 11.

see how can Shipwreck takes longer to make and release even though he is started at the same time as Flint? simple enough for you?

you see, despite the fact that all 15 characters are decided at one time, the later 10 take longer to manufacture because they have to be produced from scratch, as opposed to the first 5 single cards, whose molds are pretty much already entirely molded except for heads and weapons. but you are saying the moment Hasbro decided on all 15 characters, they had to have been able to be manufactured all within the same time period, which simply ignore the FACT that a product takes time to manufacture, and the less parts you have to make, the less time it will take, thus the first 5 were complete before the last 10, which is why they are hitting stores first. conversely, the last 10 are being released later because they were still being designed and produced while the first 5 were already in the manufacturing stage.

we can even throw in time for promotion, with the figure being promoted one day prior to release after manufacturing. so, Flint is revealed day 5 and now released day 6. Shipwreck, though, cannot be revealed until day 11, and relesed until day 12. again, there is now an actual production reason for the time difference between promotion, not simply an arbitrary decision or marketing gimmick, such as hasbro's failed 10 figures in 10 days. which again would have had nothing to do with the production of the figures, because since all of those figures are being released at the same time, to do so they would have had to have gone into production at the same time.

are you honestly saying that all 15 figures had to have been made at the same time simply because all 15 characters were decided upon at the same time. that is an awfully large stretch.

Anyone else notice that Destro suddenly has a chromed head? If the regular release does not, then I'll have to buy Pimp Daddy Destro just to swap the head so the regular Destro can have the chrome.

You'd actually do that? I'd be upset having to customize both a regular figure and an exclusive just to get a regular Destro with a chromed head.

#WTF# I thought they didn't do chromed heads anymore?!?? I wonder if my preorder non-con Destro is going to have a painted head or not. @grumpy@ That just isn't cool!

-PJ

are you honestly saying that all 15 figures had to have been made at the same time simply because all 15 characters were decided upon at the same time. that is an awfully large stretch.

15 characters is a stretch? @hmmm@

They planned on 25 right from the start...correct? Do you think they did 5....released the previews, did 5 more...release the previews and so on, deciding everything as they went along?

All I'm saying is that they likely (LIKELY) knew beforehand, the character list for the FIRST 25...at least, and knowing that, would have known Shipwreck was in that intial 25 pop, until sales numbers dictate a continued production.

You're suggesting that they didn't know they were doing Shipwreck yet, when they made Flint, so that's why the question was posted by Rama Sha as to why they couldn't have used the short sleeves, it would appear Shipwreck will be sportin' on Flint?

I don't agree with your assumption of them not knowing they were doing a Shipwreck, or at least not having the mold ready yet, so they could use HIS short sleeves instead of Dukes longer ones.

Just an opinion nevertheless, but at least I'm stating it as so, and not throwing it around like I'm in-the-know on these production issues and time schedules.

You don't have the answer for it, you have (like we ALL have) an opinion on it.