GIJoe 25th Anniversary Filecards, Variants & More

JayC

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLIPPIN SWEET !!!

I make out Beach Head, Lady Jaye, Buzzer, Serpentor, COBRA SOLDIER!!!, Firefly, Not sure, Stalker, Shipwreck and Zartan!!

The one Im not sure about looks to have a bow and arrow, but could just be my eyes playing tricks on me!

Based on the toywiz images on the back of the filecards it looks like we can surmise the last 10 figures.

Beachhead, 2nd row 1

Lady Jaye 2nd row 2

Buzzer 2nd row 3

Serpentor 2nd row 4

cobra soldier 2nd row 5

Firefly 3rd row 1

Zartan 3rd row 2

but who are the last three??? What do you guys think....

Either way, good choices so far :)

Guest DavAnthony

It looks like breaker to me first on the bottom row.

nope never mind looked at Firefly's card art and it's definatley him

Based on the toywiz images on the back of the filecards it looks like we can surmise the last 10 figures.

Beachhead, 2nd row 1

Lady Jaye 2nd row 2

Buzzer 2nd row 3

Serpentor 2nd row 4

cobra soldier 2nd row 5

Firefly 3rd row 1

Zartan?? 3rd row 2

but who are the last three??? What do you guys think....

Either way, good choices so far :)

Shipwreck, good call guys, didn't see the parrot there. 3rd row 4

yeah and 3rd row 2 could be stalker. Zartan is there either 3rd row 5 or 3rd row 2. Either way, I wonder who the last figure would be...

Looking at File card art on Yo Joe, on the bottom row left to right, it looks to be: Firefly V1, Satan, Stalker V1, Shipwreck V1 and Zartan V1.

If these speculations are correct, going to be a good Christmas this year.

PIZZA

After looking over these pictures, I am really excited to see these figures out. Also, I was not very interested in getting the Pimp Daddy Destro Figure at the Con. But now after seeing him on the card, I am so very psyched to try and pick one up.

Countdown to people complaining that they are making a Serpentor figure...3...2...1...

Meh... I gotta admit, I'm sort of torn on that. I just want some of the major characters to look forward to in a next wave, you know? Providing this line continues that is.

But so far we could probably look forward to the rest of the Dreadnoks, the Crimson Twins, CGs, Vipers and a V2 Hawk, so I'm good.

That pic with the bow, maybe they're just going to do a single-carded Storm Shadow. A red Satan version would be cool, although I'm not sure how the name would be taken down in the Bible Belt. :rolleyes:

I'm pumped about Beach Head for some reason... I guess I never realized what a favourite he was back in the day. Lady Jaye too, although I'm dreading some sort of Scarlett repaint. Actually, I'm dreading any repaints after seeing Flint, but I'm still excited to see actual pics!

joe_4.jpg

cardbackgj2.png

This is what I'm making out of the shadow figures.

The one ? on top is probably Serpentor, and since he didn't have much of a file card image, or single card of his own, they had to make one? The bottom ? is who.........Satan? @hmmm@

Guest McBragg

That shadow matches Serpentor's art from Marvel's ORDER OF BATTLE, IIRC.

As for the other one...

Unless they single card the 5-pack Storm Shadow and use the Satan pose. Which would be pointless.

Or they use the pose for Kamakura. Because he's soooo kewl, he warrants being part of the 25th celebration.

they will probably call them Red Ninja Vipers again.

Another possibility the NINJA TROOPER/NINJA VIPER.

So...

Top guesses

1. Satan/Red Ninja Viper (It's Satan's pose, and red ninjas have a history going back to issue #21)

2. Billy in ninja outfit ( because the poll was rigged and the winner's already in production @hmmm@ )

3. Ninja Trooper//viper

4. Kamakura (unworthy, but why would that stop them @smilepunch@ )

5. Storm Shadow (again, milk the character dry!)

6. Black Dragon Ninja/Ninja Ku (doubtful, but not impossible and odds are like the ninja trooper, they will do this at some point)

That shadow matches Serpentor's art from Marvel's ORDER OF BATTLE, IIRC.

This image here?

serpentorjl8.png

Or they use the pose for Kamakura. Because he's soooo kewl, he warrants being part of the 25th celebration.

Oh, I could totally see that, someone at Hasbro totally has a bone for Kamakura. But depending on the execution, I'm not sure I'd mind...

Excellent!!! Thanks Carabus and nice detective work VH! :)

I see I was right on the silver packaging for the rest of them. :D

Holy #$@#, that's definitely Satan's shape.

Hailing from distant Argentina myself, I find it to be kind of surreal! How the heck did this guy make it into the 25th line-up??? Even the thought of using his card art boggles the mind.

...But it could also be Billy. If it's Billy disguised, it'd be a very smart move from Hasbro. It would show fans that they are very much looking into making obscure characters.

One way or the other (Satan/Red Ninja/Billy), this shows that Hasbro is thinking this line as a "what if" of sorts. I mean, as if it was the 80s or 90s again... as if they could go back and make the figures again, fixing mistakes (and making new ones, too), adding characters that shoulda deserved to be on card (Serpentor) and making characters that never were (like Billy).

The possibilities are endless!

Incase no one else noticed... That PDD... It says "Convention Exclusive" Not SDCC Exclusive, but "Convention Exclusive"

Translation: we can probably also expect them to show up at Joe Con. And while at SDCC Me, or some board member here, will defiantely be asking.

-Kevin

Incase no one else noticed... That PDD... It says "Convention Exclusive" Not SDCC Exclusive, but "Convention Exclusive"

Translation: we can probably also expect them to show up at Joe Con. And while at SDCC Me, or some board member here, will defiantely be asking.

-Kevin

Yeah, in an earlier post, they had a link that lead to the club site where it said that there will be two version available at the '07 con.

NIIIIIIICE!!! I cant wait for this! hopefully there are many variants and a nice firefly! and looks like the trooper will be single packed! nice! The next figures are all great choices, i hope we get a satan figure, even if it is just a repaint of SS.

I just hope these figures arent too expensive, cause i'm definitely gonna wanna buy two of each!

thanks carabus!

lots of exclamation points!

-saboteur

I'm most happy about Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, Zartan and Firefly. I'm a little disappointed in the fact that the cobra trooper takes up two spots in the initial 25 of this line, he should have been single carded to begin with.

Buzzer and Serpentor I'll take but I have lukewarm feelings about, I have the original serpentor but was never a fan, same with the rest of the drednoks after Zartan but I'll gladly take them.

Ultimately I hope they make all the 82-86 characters

Edit: I also hope LJ won't have her hat, or it will at least be removable

how much you want to bet firefly and beachhead will share parts

yeah I have a hard time believing that these two won't share atleast 1 part, infact there may not be any difference besides colors and webgear

and if that happens I'll be p!$$ed off.