25th Scarlett figure breakdown and scale shot

dblogan

Not bad. I noticed that the knees are designed to bend forward in an unrealistic way. Why does HAsbro do that? They've done that quite a bit. It's still not a bad figure.

Um... just don't bend them that way. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link, interesting construction.

Wow...she looks really good in that side-by-side. A little on the tall size, but not totally out of scale. Close enough for me at least. I'm just amazed that she actually looks like woman at that scale.

Indeed. It is close enough for my liking, but Im at a crossroads here. Im wondering if I should start fresh and get rid of my current collection of figures and replace them with these as the figures I want come out.

AWWW...FINALLY! The deconstruction of Scarlett! :)

The comparison shot was what I've been waiting on, and I'm pleased with what I see.

As far as the style and construction....verdict is still out. Pretty radical stuff and still not sure how well it's going to lend itself to customizing them? Instead of having a single waist piece you can use for a custom, you'll have the waist AND half the lower torso, and that will limit a lot of potential.

I still don't like the snap off hands, especially now that it includes half the forearm and wrist, which would be another hinderance for customizing...I'd think?

Overall appearance and scale, I'm still pretty happy with the Scarlett figure. Looks great.

@hmmm@ oh btw....I noticed her feet were on the wrong sides, in the comparison pic. Must have been from all the deconstructing and re assembling? @lol@

If you look closely, there's a swivel waist... it's right above the belt.. also, in the first pic.. it shows the upper torso and the T-ball.. if you think about it, the T-ball wouldn't be that short if the lower torso and crotch were connected, it'd be more like the Target BBI figures and have a long upper ball that went all the way through the waist and into the upper torso, but as you can see by the upper torso joint and the small T-ball(lol.. I should patent that)..that's not the case ;)

hope that puts your mind about Scarlett and her balls to ease

If you look closely, there's a swivel waist... it's right above the belt..

Man, I'm NOT seeing it Joe. @hmmm@

scarlettru6.png

I got my magnifying glass out an everything, but I don't see the "swivel" above her belt???

I see one solid piece, from under the tits to the crotch. ;)

Farted around with my own dissection here...

and put together, what I'm thinking is the way it goes together, top section to the bottom...

scarlettpi0.pngscarlett2ri3.png

Your T-ball is too high.. look where it meets up with the legs.. move your upper torso up a hair too.. and then move your balls down and you'll see they'll line up with the upper parts of the legs a lot better( think ARAH/new sculpt)

Your T-ball is too high.. look where it meets up with the legs.. move your upper torso up a hair too.. and then move your balls down and you'll see they'll line up with the upper parts of the legs a lot better( think ARAH/new sculpt)

Well, I wasn't sure if the single ball joint (on top) snapped INTO the connecting piece (with the side pins) hanging down out of the upper torso, or if it was positioned directly underneath of it, so it just rolls on it?

If so, then those side pins on the upper connection, are all that snap down into the bottom half and hold it together?

{whew} Seems kinda weak?

Well, there's no actual "hook" for an O-ring, I think this triple ball joint is for the legs and the torso to "roll" on?

Here's another possibility on the connection, I think Joe was suggesting?

scarlett2yt3.png

Indeed. It is close enough for my liking, but Im at a crossroads here. Im wondering if I should start fresh and get rid of my current collection of figures and replace them with these as the figures I want come out.

Mmmmm.....if you're serious about that, LMK what you have :)

a tad tall

She does have cowboy boots on though. ;)

GAH! It's great that we have this breakdown, but frustrating that it's of a female figure, who's thinner construction is inevitably different than the males. For instance, her shoulder joints are exactly like that of a Microlady. Microladies have different shoulder joints than Microman figures. So I'm left wondering if the male Joes and Cobras also have the Microlady style shoulder joint, or the Microman joint, or something totally different. Ahhh, the days before the internet, when you just saw a cool figure for the first time in the store.

I'm still liking it.

It's a little leaner for sure, but that old Jinx mold looks kinda broad shouldered anyway....for a female. Nothing wrong with Scarlett having some loooooong legs either, specially with those fancy boots on. ;)

Nope, not too bad a lookin' redo.