Why Carnage???

RobbieDigital

I've just been reading a alot of the posts lately about the possibility of Spidey 4 (which is a no-brainer) and future villians and such. I see a lot of people on here wanting Carnage to be one of the villians in a future movie. I don't understand the attraction to him??? He's a bastard child of Venom....and pretty much a poor rip-off of him. Plus if anyone remembers Ol' Cletus was a serial killer and went on a murderous rampage through New York. I really don't see that getting into a PG-13 movie. .......I'm not saying they won't fit him in somehow but I just think that Carnage is really low on the totem pole of Spidey Villians. Kraven. Lizard, Hobgoblin, (since the Green Goblin wasn't done right) Vulture. Heck. I wouldn't even mind seeing Spidey take on a Micheal Clarke Duncan Kingpin (for continuity sakes) For some reason I always liked Spidey taking on Kingpin. Just wondering why so many people want to see him......instead of other great villians.

I don't think Carnage is #1 on many people's list but he is one of the most logical given that Venom has been introduced. I would be shocked if we don't see Lizard and he is right up there on my wishlist.

As for the rest of your list:

Kraven- cool character, but he could never carry a movie. He's a secondary villian at best.

Hobgoblin- Not likely considering the amount of time GG and Harry have already had in the first 3 movies

Vulture- One of the lamest villains in comic book history...nuff said.

Kingpin- I could see him masterminding a plot, but he would be boring as a main villian.

So no mention of Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino,etc. in your list?

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY VILLAIN OF THE SPIDEY UNIVERSE. IF RAIMI SHOULD COME BACK THEN HE SHOULD TAKE CLASSIC VILLAINS LIKE SCORPION, RHINO, SHOKKER, VULTURE AND SPECIALY LIZARD. RAIMI HAS THE LOVE TO DO THE CLASSIC VILLAINS AND NOT THE NEW ONES I THINK. FOR ME SANDMAN,OCK AND GOBLIN(EXCEPT THE SUIT) WHERE GREAT ACTOR CHOICES. THEY REPRESENTED THE CHARECTERS VERY WELL. @SpiderVenom@

Carnage is an awesome villain

not only that but visually he is awesome

a movie about symbiotes would be awesome.

First half: Revenge of Venom as well as the origin of Venom (notice how the black blob basically had NO backstory at all? could it be they had already been planning on telling the origin in the second one?), and then Spider-Man and him team up to defeat Carnage.

MAXIMUM CARNAGE....YESSSSS

I don't think Carnage is #1 on many people's list but he is one of the most logical given that Venom has been introduced. I would be shocked if we don't see Lizard and he is right up there on my wishlist.

As for the rest of your list:

Kraven- cool character, but he could never carry a movie. He's a secondary villian at best.

Hobgoblin- Not likely considering the amount of time GG and Harry have already had in the first 3 movies

Vulture- One of the lamest villains in comic book history...nuff said.

Kingpin- I could see him masterminding a plot, but he would be boring as a main villian.

So no mention of Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino,etc. in your list?

I was just listing some other characters....no real preferences there. I think Mysterio would look ridicious on film.....however Kingpin could be done very well with the right plot......think Ultimate Spider-man.....that first Kingpin arc was just too cool. Carnage just doesn't do anything for me personally......plus I think he's dead in the books. The last time I saw him he was ripped in half by Sentry in New Avengers.....not that it matters in movie terms but still. Heck....give me Cardiac before Carnage......

'F' Carnage, next Spiderman movie should open with Spidey fighting Rhino, than after that's done and over with throw in Mysterio and make him go a little crazy, than maybe have Scorpion hand him his ass for a while. Finish it all off with some dude finding Goblin's stuff and setting up Hobgoblin in the fifth movie. WHOOP!!!

Lizard and Scorpion are my top choices. Perhaps in the same film.

Whilst I like Carnage, he doesn't make for an interesting story imo. He's just a killer who kills. No real motivation other than to kill, which is 2D I think.

After watching Spidey3 I dont think Raimi handled Venom too well. Even if he does plan to introduce Carnage in future movies I dont think he'll be done right.

For my next spidey villian wish list for the next movie, i sure hope we see the Lizard. Like Dr. Conners has been introduced since Spiderman1 and it should be time for him to become the Lizard. Scorpion would be my 2nd choice.

if anything i like to see to a clone story arc. Thay way spidey could get clone and since conners has a piece of the symbiote we can all see spidercarnage. Hopefully...

You know, a version of the clone saga would be AWESOME. Not the convoluted mess that ran in the 90s, but a much shorter version that introduces Ben Reilly.

But I still want to see the Lizard first. :) Not interested in Carnage.

• 7 months later...

The only way I would want to see Carnage is if they did the story arc that had Venom, Carnage, Ironman, War Machine, and hmmmm I forget the last one. This story was great, lots of action, lots of teamwork, and some finality. I can't see it with Ironman and then the Avengers on the way. Any Carnage story would have to be at least as dark as the new Batman movies.

Since the Lizard has been setup for some time now, wasn't there a story arc involving him and Smythe? If I remeber correctly that was a decent story with Spiderman saving the Lizard in the end when the building blew up? I could be wrong but that is what I seem to recall.

What I think would be great visually in the cinema:

1) Electro (the whole electricity thing would be great on the screen, the 3D ride at Universal was impressive in the day)

2) Big budget Mysterio effects

3) Smythe and his robots

I would like to see MJ kicked to the curb or otherwise explained away. I really want to see Felicia Hardy brought in as the Black Cat and be the new romance interest and help hand/claw. Best part of Batman Returns was Catwoman in tight black ....meeeeeooooow.

Since S3 has Jameson poppin pills, we could see him become more unbalanced than he may already be. This could bring in the Scorpion story arc.

just my .02

Carnage is a garbage character, and always has been. I would be quite pleased if he never showed up again.

Lizard is a fun character, but isn't deep enough to sustain an entire movie. We may still see him, but no doubt in conjunction with someone else.

Sadly, I doubt the Black Cat will ever get any screen time, seeing as most of the general public would perceive her to be a Cat Woman rip off. (Which, she sort of is. She has life as a character beyond that, but the motif is almost the same.)

I could see Smythe being a main movie villain.

Stilt-Man. The viewing public demands it.

And I disagree that Mysterio couldn't make a good villain. He's pretty cool if done properly...just look at Guardian Devil. Kevin Smith managed to make him menacing and diabolical. (Heck, I'd see the movie just to hear Mysterio speak the line, "I worship at the church of smoke and mirrors!") Mysterio'sMenace, are you with me? We gotta stand up for the ol' fishbowl.

And I disagree that Mysterio couldn't make a good villain. He's pretty cool if done properly...just look at Guardian Devil. Kevin Smith managed to make him menacing and diabolical. (Heck, I'd see the movie just to hear Mysterio speak the line, "I worship at the church of smoke and mirrors!") Mysterio'sMenace, are you with me? We gotta stand up for the ol' fishbowl.

I agree completely that Mysterio is incredibly cool, and could probably be the big bad of a movie.

I just disagree with your choice of example material. I thought he was awful in Guardian Devil.

Carnage is an awesome villain

not only that but visually he is awesome

a movie about symbiotes would be awesome.

First half: Revenge of Venom as well as the origin of Venom (notice how the black blob basically had NO backstory at all? could it be they had already been planning on telling the origin in the second one?), and then Spider-Man and him team up to defeat Carnage.

MAXIMUM CARNAGE....YESSSSS

Now seriosly, if you think about it, carnage is the lamest symbiote of the 3 most known. Venom, toxin, and carnage. Even toxin is cooler because IIRC he can somewhat control the symbiote and hes not much of a bad guy. Carnage is just a rip of venom and ill agree, hes visually awesome, but what else does carnage have other than that? Venom was visually awesome, lizard is the same, Hell even dock ock was. So What makes carnage any different?

Venom did need to make it to the big screen but it was done so poorly. That said, how do you think carnage would be any better? Ill also agree we need a symbiote only movie but with half spidey half venom. The symbiote is a complicated thing to explain the the normal person, and the people seeing these movies arent ALL us fans.

The clone story is probably the only other costume or other version of spidey i want in a film. Let spidey be spidey.

RobbieD: thank you for this. you hit how I feel about Carnage right on! God, I hate carnage. he's just so lousy, he's never DONE anything to Spider-man, and really, why do we need a Venom Venom? Venom sucks to begin with! Spider-man went so long without any sort of Bizzarro, and then BOOM: this guy.

Toxin, for some reason, is cool to me, too. I think it has something to do with the Symbiote being an infant still. when he breaks his host's laptop, that was just so.... cute. in a cool way.

But really, I hate the Symbiotes overall. I think Raimi did exactly what he intended to do: Dump Venom and get it over with. He Hates Venom too, you know?

I think having the next film start off with Spidey battling a big mean villain would be so cool! they should have done that with the second 2 movies. Just to put someone like Rhino or Scorpion (or hell, Shocker would be great for that!) out there. have Spidey end the fight within the first 5 minutes. god... that would be so cool.

Mysterio would be sooo much fun. I want it to happen so bad.

Villains DO need to stop being killed off, and need to actually BE villains. the only 2 that were actually sinister were Norman and Venom.... and again: Venom sucked.

I vote for the Lizard as the main villain, cameo up front by Rhino or Scorpion (or, again, Shocker), and maybe Black Cat as a side-kick-type.

I agree completely that Mysterio is incredibly cool, and could probably be the big bad of a movie.

I just disagree with your choice of example material. I thought he was awful in Guardian Devil.

I'm interested to know what you didn't like. I admit I didn't like the complete randomness of Mysterio taking on Daredevil (other than them having something in common as "second-stringers"). But he really upped his game, pulling out all the stops to drive Daredevil insane. And geez, faking an HIV diagnosis, killing a teenage girl...these are definitely NOT things you'd expect from Mysterio. Having said that, Joe Quesada's pencils are not terribly good. I can only imagine how much more gravitas a less cartoony artist would've brought to the story.

Oh, and before we go too far off-topic...no frickin' way on Carnage. What Cable is to the putrid age of '90s "kewl" superheroes, Carnage is to the putrid age of '90s "psycho" supervillains. I say, go with the classics. Hell, set up a love triangle with Black Cat if you have to. Throw in the Lizard, Kraven, the Sinister Six--ANYONE before Carnage, please!

I'm interested to know what you didn't like. I admit I didn't like the complete randomness of Mysterio taking on Daredevil (other than them having something in common as "second-stringers"). But he really upped his game, pulling out all the stops to drive Daredevil insane. And geez, faking an HIV diagnosis, killing a teenage girl...these are definitely NOT things you'd expect from Mysterio. Having said that, Joe Quesada's pencils are not terribly good. I can only imagine how much more gravitas a less cartoony artist would've brought to the story.

You said it yourself: there aren't things you'd expect from Mysterio, because they're completely out of character for him. One of the reasons he sets up elaborate James Bond villain style death traps is because not only are they spectacular showmanship, but because he just doesn't have it in him to just shoot someone in the head. He's gunshy, and it's been the point of several stories about him. He either has someone else do the dirty work for him or he let the robot or simulation do it.

But more importantly, this entire elaborate scheme was way, way too private for Mysterio. No one but Daredevil knew the whole truth, and that's just far too quiet for a character whose entire motivation is being a glory hound. If this was his last hurrah, he'd want the entire world to see it, if he could help it.

The whole thing rang as false, and the completely random nature of the revelation didn't help. Couldn't Daredevil's enemy Jester have done this just as well? Besides, I have a sore spot about villains dying in other hero's books. Mysterio was a Spider-Man baddie, and that's where he should have met his ultimate fate.

Villains DO need to stop being killed off, and need to actually BE villains. the only 2 that were actually sinister were Norman and Venom.... and again: Venom sucked.

Well would u just love to have the same villian over and over again? I think someone just wants more venom. Thats kinda why i dont think ill like man of steel and i didnt like ffrotss because it was the same person. But then again ffrotss, doc was terribley to begin with

Well would u just love to have the same villian over and over again? I think someone just wants more venom. Thats kinda why i dont think ill like man of steel and i didnt like ffrotss because it was the same person. But then again ffrotss, doc was terribley to begin with

YES. I. WOULD.

Making Sandman and Doc Ock ACTUAL baddies AND having them locked up instead of Dieing/floating away would have left an option to form the Sinister 6 later on.

One has to understand: I LOVE the Sinister 6. they are my FAVORITE team, and honestly, I think they could lead to a good end-all story for the Spider-man movie franchise. go out with a bang, you know? it could have been magic!

but now, I am less enthused... I don't really want the 6 that much because 1: Sandman is a good guy, 2: Doc Ock is dead, and 3: I know that at LEAST 1 of the 4 other members would end up not being from the original team (IE Scorpion instead of Mysterio or something).

Kraven. Lizard, Hobgoblin, (since the Green Goblin wasn't done right) Vulture. Heck. I wouldn't even mind seeing Spidey take on a Micheal Clarke Duncan Kingpin (for continuity sakes) For some reason I always liked Spidey taking on Kingpin. Just wondering why so many people want to see him......instead of other great villians.

first of all, he doesnt have decades worth of in-jokes under his belt. second, he's just cool. you don't have to know anything about him to think he's cool. his design is cool. plus with all the other crap getting in under PG-13 ratings, a serial killler wont do much. besides, the novelization gave a perfect way to re-inrtoduce the symbiote: it ate eddie's remains. they could make it so cletus was one of the nearest people, and the symbiote clung onto him, and bam! we got a villain. someone needs to hire me...

that said, i think it's too soon for him. it was too soon for venom. the7y dhould wait until at least SM5 for carnage.

and how was green goblin done wrong?