who is the most powerful in the marvel universe?

marvel77

The beat-down he put on Hulk in WW Hulk was a thing of beauty.

I'd hardly call it a beat down....Hulk was up and ready to fight again seconds later.

It wasn't a one-punch contest...but Sentry clearly got the better of him. He stunned Hulk's team into submission by pummeling their Master so badly, and ended the war.

And remember...Sentry as "The Void" broke Hulk's bones in the original mini-series.

The beat-down he put on Hulk in WW Hulk was a thing of beauty.

I'd hardly call it a beat down....Hulk was up and ready to fight again seconds later.

It wasn't a one-punch contest...but Sentry clearly got the better of him. He stunned Hulk's team into submission by pummeling their Master so badly, and ended the war.

And remember...Sentry as "The Void" broke Hulk's bones in the original mini-series.

But it wasn't over.... They expended all their energy yes but he rehulked seconds later where Sentry couldn't move after the fight and Banner could,plus he was going to split New York in half and the only reason he was stopped is because he let them....A few pages later you see Sentry taken off on a stretcher....Yes,I recently read the Sentry TPB where that happens because I kept reading about that it happened....First off The Void did break all Hulks bones but let's look at The Hulk at that point bouncy and "Hulk am your friend golden man" like a trusting small child and I highly doubt that The Void could so easily do that to King Hulk who is nearly at his highest power levels since before the Maestro era though, I would bet that King Hulk is greater still. The warp core explosion increased his power plus he'd never been more enraged hence Tonys nanites and bombs had NO EFFECT....Don't get me wrong Sentry/Void are powerful but not powerful enough that day.

• 7 months later...

Until there's a character that could jump out of the page and punch Stan Lee in the face, I don't see anything or anyone is more powerful than the comic creator or his ink. Anyways, I'd say Silver Surfer.

Genis (when Captain Marvel started goin off the deep end he was super powerful) or Dark Phoenix I'd say.

• 10 months later...

Well, obviously the Beyonder, whilst in his own universe that is, which is himself. Does the betonder have a number for his universe considering he is a universe(or was)? Just wondering...

i gotta give the simple logical answer the reader, collector, and anybody who buys and reads comics cause if it wasn't for people like us hulk, spider-man, and every other character would cease to be nobody buys the comics the company goes out of business (or is bought out by a bigger company and it would take alot to get rid of marvel, dc, etc.) or in most cases cancels the title and thinks of some way to make a new comic with one of their more marketable characters taking lead.

Alright, since we're back up in this thread, and since no one's mentioned him yet - frickin' Molecule Man! The guy can control/manipulate matter and energy on an atomic level! He dropped an entire mountain range on the heroes in the Secret Wars, ferchrissake! :o

Too many variables. I think a way to end this conversation once and for all is name ALL of the most powerful characters and just agree that any of them can win depending on the situation.

The top most powerful (magic doesn't apply here, lets keep it at BRUTE FORCE) that I can think of are (in no particular order):

HULK

SENTRY

BLACKBOLT

THOR

Any of those has a choice of killing the others.

I'm going with the Beyonder, too. I'm not quite sure about his origin since the Illuminati series revealed he's actually Black Bolt's son. He may not be as powerful as he seemed in the SW 1 and 2, but he can still re-arrange planets with ease. Molecule Man never did anything as big as assembling Battleworld.

I'm going with the Beyonder, too. I'm not quite sure about his origin since the Illuminati series revealed he's actually Black Bolt's son. He may not be as powerful as he seemed in the SW 1 and 2, but he can still re-arrange planets with ease. Molecule Man never did anything as big as assembling Battleworld.

The Beyonder is Black Bolt's son?!? Pardon me whist I attempt to supress my gag reflex...

I'm sure that since I stopped collecting/reading comics around 1994, or so, there have been some excellent stories. But the more I read about crap like this, the happier I am I stopped. I mean, I think SW2 was pretty base, but to make the Beyonder the son of Black Bolt is just frickin' out there! Better off left forgotten, he was!

And yeah, I'd have pinned him for most powerful, up until I read that. But the thing with power is, there's always someone with more. So, are we taking this all the way to Eternity, Ego, Chaos, the Living Tribunal, and such?

I just did some research on Beyonder, since I didn't know the character, and I just learned that hes godlike. He's a Mutant Inhuman!! No wonder he's so powerful!!

• 11 months later...

What we need to establish is sort of levels if you get me.

Undoubtedly, cosmic entities and their avatars forthwith are the most powerful to exist. They have their own separate scale and it is very rare for anything short of an entity to break into this except maybe reality manipulators etc. This would put 'The One Above All'(Hence the name, sort of implies it) is literally above all in terms of power. whilst many things are described as being 'near omnipotence' he is the true omnipotent force as he is creator. Basically you must look at him as monotheistic religions view their God.

After that is his servant the Lving Tribunal, the representation of his judgement. The scale goes on like this and could probably be defined over time(some may be difficult like the Phoenix Force, the existence of Jim Jaspers and Franklin Richards, the fact that Eternity and Infinity cannot act within the universe without destroying it and the almost limitless power of magic.

After that is the separate group of mortals who cannot compare to the power of those who are Cosmic. Cosmic power is the universe and can only be challenged by reality warping.

In terms of mortals....I'd say that, sufficiently angered, the Hulk is unstoppable. Although, C---(I'm not perfect, somebody fill in the blank) Oldstrong with the power of the planet subdued all of earth easier than the Hulk, although that's possibly because she was out for unbridled revenge. Sentry also definitely places....this is the part I find much more fun to debate of course! Cosmic entities are based on what we're told usually, but these guys are debatable. Strange can banish and apparently "Snuff out your[Hulk's]mortal flame with a twitch of my little finger" but he says he'll lose his soul upon doing it and he is rendered powerless after breaking his hands. Could we not therefore assume that imitating silly stunts seen on television is the most powerful?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

here is a semi real list of the most powerful "beings" in all of marvel universe.

1. One-above-all. He is essentially god. E has no power limit and answers to no one. This is the one being that can do anything he wills to. And there is no being that can stop his will or question his ability at all.

2. Living tribunal. He is te being that is all powerful and only answers t the one-above-all. He has shown his ability by not bing affected by even the infinity gauntlet and even negating it's effects. He is a judge of all beings and is the omnipresent orce in all of the omniverse

3. This is a tie between the 3 beings below the tribunal. They are Eternity, Death, Galatctus (galan). Galactus is the eldest by a few centuries. Created during the big bang, galactus, was born galan, before the big bang. His race died in the big crunch, but he was brought back after along with the creation of eternity and death. Eternity is a god above all life and ability and death is well, duh.

4. The phoenix force. This is a force that grants ppl to gods. It was the phoenixx force that saved galactus in the egg till he could rise again. This is the ultimate parasitic force in thhe universe that elevates men to gods. The phoenix force is abe to eliminate matter at an atomic lvl and/or rearrange it in any way it wants.

5. Thanos /w the infinite gauntlet. Only the beings listed above would be able to stop this power. Thanos is the ony being to wield this with affect. He has even trumped the tribunal with the gauntlet, but only under comand from one-above-all to correct a flaw in reality. Tribunal is one being able to not be affected by thanos and the gauntlet by negating the affects of it to restore balance to trial.

I will end my list here cuz I'm not going to get into all th aspects of who is better. To many variables among mutants. How powerfful is magneto if his body could take the strain. Franklin richards if he would g al out? To many variables to take into account. This list is to state who te most powerull beings in all of the entire marvel universe are