who is the most powerful in the marvel universe?

marvel77

After seeing what Doom did WAY back when in the secret wars, I have to say that Dooms persevereance, ambition and intelligence makes him the most powerful in the sense that he would find some way to gain more power and do away with his enemies.

But his arrogance would be his downfall...

I see Magneto as an exremely overall powerful being...

The Sentry but he has not shown his full potential.

In terms of raw brute power and rage,resilience and fortitude the Hulk would be the last one standing..

But I guess that I would go with the 2 nd of two brothers. The ones that were mentioned in the marvel DC crossover who was basically reality itself.

But then again....

THANOS was pretty bad ass in the gauntlet series.

Wow, I love when people talk about the HULK. Granted most cosmic beings would wipe the floor with the HULK but he is such a wildcard you never know what effect a cosmic fight may have on him. He maybe be destroyed and blown to smitherines or he may absord the cosmic beings energies or evolve into a more powerful version of himself. If I was a cosmic being or a GOD I would perfer not to fight the HULK either. The HULK may not be the most powerful on a cosmic scale he definitly is the most unperdictable.

As far as pure power wise I would have to go with Eternity.

Doom is a good pick but he would have to have someone elses power to get to the top. No matter how much power Doom acquires the Hulk always gives him fits. haha

After seeing what Doom did WAY back when in the secret wars, I have to say that Dooms persevereance, ambition and intelligence makes him the most powerful in the sense that he would find some way to gain more power and do away with his enemies.

In terms of raw brute power and rage,resilience and fortitude the Hulk would be the last one standing..

But I guess that I would go with the 2 nd of two brothers. The ones that were mentioned in the marvel DC crossover who was basically reality itself.

But then again....

Wow, I love when people talk about the HULK. Granted most cosmic beings would wipe the floor with the HULK but he is such a wildcard you never know what effect a cosmic fight may have on him. He maybe be destroyed and blown to smitherines or he may absord the cosmic beings energies or evolve into a more powerful version of himself. If I was a cosmic being or a GOD I would perfer not to fight the HULK either. The HULK may not be the most powerful on a cosmic scale he definitly is the most unperdictable.

Doom is a good pick but he would have to have someone elses power to get to the top. No matter how much power Doom acquires the Hulk always gives him fits. haha

Yeah , the Hulk ROCKS !!!!

In the End ....when everyone on Earth has passed away it"s onlt The Hulk and the cockroaches .....lol

I like that !!!!! :)

Read it , if you haven"t allready ..... it"s that good.

IncredibleHulkTheEnd00fc.jpg

According to F4: ROTSS, Invisible Woman can "create a force field inside your body and expand it until you blow up" LOL, that is pretty grizzly and she definitely gets my vote.

So she can creep up invisible do her little trick and they wont know what hit them.

But then again....

Yeah , the Hulk ROCKS !!!!

In the End ....when everyone on Earth has passed away it"s onlt The Hulk and the cockroaches .....lol

I like that !!!!! :)

Read it , if you haven"t allready ..... it"s that good.

IncredibleHulkTheEnd00fc.jpg

That's an awesome story and I can't WAIT to see what the upcoming figure looks like!

Geez, you guys are all TOTALLY off the rails here. Hulk? Eternity? Dark Phoenix? You've got to be kidding me.

The one, true most powerful person in the Marvel Universe is obviously Turner D. Century.

And don't even say he can't have been too powerful if he was massacred by Scourge. He LET his physical form be killed. Turner D. Century is forever, man!!

According to F4: ROTSS, Invisible Woman can "create a force field inside your body and expand it until you blow up" LOL, that is pretty grizzly and she definitely gets my vote.

So she can creep up invisible do her little trick and they wont know what hit them.

yeah, in the 'what if: event horizon' graphic novel....there it's a storyline where Wolverine stayed a member of The Hand and killed tons of heroes....they show Sue Storm put an invisible bubble in his throat...

but then he stabs his own throat so he can breathe and kills her.

Did you read that What If? where the Punisher killed the rest of the MU? Turns out he's pretty tough.

I'd have to give it to Thanos wearing his mitten though.

juggernaut.....

hulk can be knocked out and revert back to bruce

juggs is in his form forever,unless his helmet gets taken off, then he is able to get hurt

and im pretty sure onslaught could beat both of them (and did?)

3092-41143-1-uncanny-x-men-the_400.jpg

onslaught knocked juggy out (can anyone else make that claim); however hulk was the only one to dent onslaught's arrmor, but wasnt it franklin richards who took onslaught down? (trying to recall books i read 12 yrs ago)

Resurrected thread, woo!

If we're talking mutants, you have to consider the likes of Nate Grey/X-Man, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers and Franklin Richards. Cosmic entities? You've got Entropy, Eon, Eternity, and Galactus...even the Celestials, to a certain degree. Then there's the Starbrand, which crossed over from the New Universe/newuniversal continuity into the mainstream Marvel universe.

Throwing characters like the Hulk, Thor and Wolverine into this question is ridiculous, being that everyone mentioned aside from both Greys and Galactus can simply WILL other beings to no longer exist, warp reality and destroy/create/manipulate matter.

Now we can lock the thread.

we know Dark Phoenix can, at a whim, destroy a star, right? so lets start the hypothetical death match with her.....no notice to prepare (jump on ships, ect) the Dark Phoenix destroys the earth (we are talking 616 here) KABOOM its gone. which earth baised heros and/or villians would survive? of those left who could take down Dark Phoenix? if none what non-earth basied hero and/or villian or cosmic being could take her down? same question applies to any earth baised that may have defeated her already? now who can take down whoever took down Phoenix and ect, ect, ect.....untill one remains.

there are alot of cool earth baised charaters but the majority cannot survive in the void of space. so no matter how strong the healing factor, or cool the power, if you start the contest by removing what they need the most (oxygen) then they are out in round one.

this isnt about your or my favorite charaters (most of mine would die in round one) its about a last man standing in a no holds bar, universe spaning, death match, and who is the MOST powerfull charater in the marvel (616) universe.

i cant realy remember every detail but if my memomry is correct ,back when spidey had his cosmic power, he punched the big hulk into space and saved him after it. or was it grey hulk? dont realy know the differance :P the hulk nearly died because he had no air. spiderman will be the winner of this contest :D

People never have given the mystics enough respect. They’re always almost forgotten about. My money will always be on Mystics. Consider that they almost essentially can do anything they want. They almost legally cheat. Dr. Strange is never given as high a position as he rightfully deserves. I don’t think anyone knows the extents of his powers. I mean essentially he’s such a cheap character - though I like it. If you have Thor, Hulk, and Surfer…three of the most powerful beings in the entire Marvel universe…you could have Dr. Strange seriously simply pull out some incantation that turns them all into frogs in the flick of a finger. It’s really that simple. When you’re dealing with a character like that…you depend on his generosity. Otherwise…you’re basically screwed.

i cant realy remember every detail but if my memomry is correct ,back when spidey had his cosmic power, he punched the big hulk into space and saved him after it. or was it grey hulk? dont realy know the differance :P the hulk nearly died because he had no air. spiderman will be the winner of this contest :D

2127-113265-1-amazing-spider-man_150.jpg

the hulk can hold his breath in space for several hours (maybe longer) the main prob. was at that time he would revert back to banner at sunrise and guess what was coming over the hoizon? the question is can spider man survive the same situation? and even when he was cosmic powerd there was no one in the entire marvel u who could defeat him? several come to mind that could.......

we know Dark Phoenix can, at a whim, destroy a star, right? so lets start the hypothetical death match with her.....no notice to prepare (jump on ships, ect) the Dark Phoenix destroys the earth (we are talking 616 here) KABOOM its gone. which earth baised heros and/or villians would survive? of those left who could take down Dark Phoenix? if none what non-earth basied hero and/or villian or cosmic being could take her down? same question applies to any earth baised that may have defeated her already? now who can take down whoever took down Phoenix and ect, ect, ect.....untill one remains.

there are alot of cool earth baised charaters but the majority cannot survive in the void of space. so no matter how strong the healing factor, or cool the power, if you start the contest by removing what they need the most (oxygen) then they are out in round one.

this isnt about your or my favorite charaters (most of mine would die in round one) its about a last man standing in a no holds bar, universe spaning, death match, and who is the MOST powerfull charater in the marvel (616) universe.

hmm fun fun!!

Lets see ...

HULK for one...

Does nova count as earth based?.. nova as he is now would live...

darkhawk Could live if he was darkhawk the moment it happened

Thor, whos knows if death can even stop him now.. The way he came back who is to say he could not do it again...

quasar

ms marvel

?wonderman?

kang

doom

onslaught

maybe dr strange

sentry

Ironman could get away if he was in his armor at the time...

Maybe some odd super hero teams here and there... Like the FF & the odd avengers group if they were out and about...

I'd personally like to think that gravity could make it too haha! :P

OH! There is also that house of M guy who killed alpha flight... I don't think marvel has really done anything with him since but odds are he could live we saw him kick some mega ass and fly about in space as well...

uhmmm

I duno theres a lot of ifs ands or butts here to cover... Ones that could maybe live through the earth being blown up & what not, would they be able to last long in space is another question... yknow AIR and all that other stuff being gone... As per taking out the phoenix why would she even stick around after that ?.. I think she would just move onto the next thing right a way...

i cant realy remember every detail but if my memory is correct ,back when spidey had his cosmic power, he punched the big hulk into space and saved him after it. or was it grey hulk? dont realy know the difference :P the hulk nearly died because he had no air. spiderman will be the winner of this contest :D

2127-113265-1-amazing-spider-man_150.jpg

the hulk can hold his breath in space for several hours (maybe longer) the main prob. was at that time he would revert back to banner at sunrise and guess what was coming over the horizon? the question is can spider man survive the same situation? and even when he was cosmic powered there was no one in the entire marvel u who could defeat him? several come to mind that could.......

The hulk can adapt to what ever environment he is in at the moment in order to survive just kicking off the start pre planet hulk we saw this the hulk grew like gills or something around his neck so he could live in space just fine :)

Out of every character seen in the books, Living Tribunal is the most powerful. It determines what takes place in the universe, who controls what, what event needs devine intervention and so forth. Phoenix is way up there too. Phoenix is life itself. If it were completely destroyed, all life would be destroyed. Still, the LT comes above Eternity and all others.

These threads need to be more specific when it comes to "most powerful". Who has more raw strength? Who can destroy who.... blah blah blah.

^ ok synch for arguments sake and to keep the hypothetical running Phoenix sticks around (some madcap they all must die monologue ensues) of those left who can stop her? and why?

i love death match debates...

Oh I'm not saying any of them could stop her after something like that I don't think anyone would be able too mine is just a list of those I think could some how manage to live through it all

How ever like I said even after managing to survive the blowing up or what not of the earth most of who did /manage too wouldn't really last long after that...

Out of every character seen in the books, Living Tribunal is the most powerful. It determines what takes place in the universe, who controls what, what event needs devine intervention and so forth. Phoenix is way up there too. Phoenix is life itself. If it were completely destroyed, all life would be destroyed. Still, the LT comes above Eternity and all others.

These threads need to be more specific when it comes to "most powerful". Who has more raw strength? Who can destroy who.... blah blah blah.

Nah , look at "all powerfull" Living Tribunal here ....

He and Spectre could not prevent the clashing of those who encompass ALL reality of Marvel & DC ....

Brothersclash.jpg

btw. Most powerfull means GOD-like powers imo ;)

so i still stick by what i said before about it depending on the writers.

but Franklin Richards and Scarlet Witch are pretty powerful characters i forgot about. See? And in FF, do they ever show Franklin using his pwoers anymore? i feel like they don't....but i dont read it every month.

and 2 years ago i would have never said Scarlet Witch was one of the most powerful beings....but since House of M...