who is the most powerful in the marvel universe?

marvel77

Let's keep in mind 2 important points about the Hulk:

1. In the Ulitimate Avengers movie, Hulk lifted Thor's hammer and threw it at him, hit him in the head and knocked him out cold. So much for Thor.

2. In Marvel Zombies, Hulk bit off Silver Surfer's head and killed him swiftly and easily. Bye-bye Silver Surfer.

If you'd like, I could go through the various Alternate Universes where the Hulk's been similarly one-shoted to make someone else look tough. The Hulk's done a on of impossible feats in the 616 you could site, like smashing Onslaught's armor when none else could dent it for a relatively recent one, without dipping into alternate versions.

That said, there's a whole class of cosmic types listed earlier that could summarily erase Hulk from existence with a casual thought.

You are all wrong, multiverse Eternity is near the top, though THE most powerful being in the marvel universe is The One Above All (Marvels "God") Under TOAA is The Living Tribunal

I will list the Marvel Hierarchy (What I believe it is)

1. The One Above All (TOAA), The Heart of the Universe (HOTU, TOAA's power)

2. Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man

3. Living Tribunal, Meggan at full potential, Captain Britain with the Sword of Might (Excalibur) & the Amulet of Right, Mad Jim Jaspers of Earth 616

4. The Infinity Gauntlet

5. Ultimate Nullifier

6. Abraxas & Post-Retcon Molecule Man, The Real Molecule man

7. Multi-Eternity, Multi-Infinity, Atleza, Oblivion

8. The Infinites, the Makers, the Cosmic Containment Units

9. HOM Wanda, Insane Genis-Vell, Celestial Nullifier

10. Eternity, Infinity, Entropy

11. White Phoenix of the Crown, Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order

12. Master Hate, Chronos, One above all(The Celestial), Eon, Galactus, Ziran(Celestial), the Stranger, Mistress Love, the In-Betweener, Gardner, Aegis, Tenebrous

One interesting thing: Marvels "God" is said to be "the artist" and is speculated to be Jack Kirby. The One Above All is said to be "the Writer" and is speculated to be Stan Lee :D Hope this post helped you all get a gauge of Marvels Hierarchy

I agree with this list, but I think that you need to include somewhere in your top ten a fully powered Franklin Richards, he created a few universes on his own, and a fully powered X-Man Nate Grey, at the end of his run he was pretty damn powerful. I only read a few issues of that though so feel free to debate that one, but Franklin needs to be there.

You are all wrong, multiverse Eternity is near the top, though THE most powerful being in the marvel universe is The One Above All (Marvels "God") Under TOAA is The Living Tribunal

I will list the Marvel Hierarchy (What I believe it is)

1. The One Above All (TOAA), The Heart of the Universe (HOTU, TOAA's power)

2. Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man

3. Living Tribunal, Meggan at full potential, Captain Britain with the Sword of Might (Excalibur) & the Amulet of Right, Mad Jim Jaspers of Earth 616

4. The Infinity Gauntlet

5. Ultimate Nullifier

6. Abraxas & Post-Retcon Molecule Man, The Real Molecule man

7. Multi-Eternity, Multi-Infinity, Atleza, Oblivion

8. The Infinites, the Makers, the Cosmic Containment Units

9. HOM Wanda, Insane Genis-Vell, Celestial Nullifier

10. Eternity, Infinity, Entropy

11. White Phoenix of the Crown, Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order

12. Master Hate, Chronos, One above all(The Celestial), Eon, Galactus, Ziran(Celestial), the Stranger, Mistress Love, the In-Betweener, Gardner, Aegis, Tenebrous

One interesting thing: Marvels "God" is said to be "the artist" and is speculated to be Jack Kirby. The One Above All is said to be "the Writer" and is speculated to be Stan Lee :D Hope this post helped you all get a gauge of Marvels Hierarchy

I agree with this list, but I think that you need to include somewhere in your top ten a fully powered Franklin Richards, he created a few universes on his own, and a fully powered X-Man Nate Grey, at the end of his run he was pretty damn powerful. I only read a few issues of that though so feel free to debate that one, but Franklin needs to be there.

I would put Full potential Franklin Richards right around 12 or right below IMO along with maybe Cyttarok/Odin/Zeus/Zuras/All Skyfathers/Shaman X-Man/Rune King Thor these kind of characters are hard to place because they fluctuate so much in power. Some other honerable mentions would include Tyrant/Dormammu/Shuma Gorath/Shaper of Worlds/Mephisto/Thanos/Vishanti

Also, obviously Thanos with The Heart of the Universe is tied for the number 1 spot, as he basically becomes The One Above All

Also it can be argued that Full power Galactus (Consumed 1 entire universe) is equal to Eternity, Infinity, and Entropy

2. In Marvel Zombies, Hulk bit off Silver Surfer's head and killed him swiftly and easily. Bye-bye Silver Surfer.

well even though the whole alternate reality thing was already brought up, you should still add that the Surfer was pretty much fighting every super zombie in the world at the time and winning, Hulk just came out of nowhere and got a lucky shot on him while he was already drained of a bit of his power

Let's see... Galactus eats worlds, and Dark Phoenix eats stars and obliterates star systems... I think I will go with DARK PHOENIX at full power.

The Living Tribunal would slap Dark Phoenix away like a fly

Yup, Dark Phoenix. Plus, if she does die, she'll just be ressurrected. Hence the name Phoenix. Plus, you know, she's all hot and stuff. Hotness goes a long way. At least with me.

Yup, Dark Phoenix. Plus, if she does die, she'll just be ressurrected. Hence the name Phoenix. Plus, you know, she's all hot and stuff. Hotness goes a long way. At least with me.

If you are gonna back Phoenix, at least back here most powerful version, White Phoenix of the crown. Even in this version she is nothing but an insect to the "Top Dogs" of the Marvel Universe. Like I said The Living Tribunal would swat here away like a fly. The Beyonder, Mad Jim Jaspers, Jamie Braddock, Molecule Man etc would write her out of existence etc. The Phoenix Force is strong, and vital in the Universe (speculated to be the power of all creation (the big bang) but definatly NOT the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe

• 2 weeks later...

Psssh, bearer of the Star Brand. Immortality, powers limited only by the user's imagination...

"By willing it so, a Star Brand wielder may call upon virtually any ability they can fathom; flight is one of the easiest powers to attain, and several wielders have floated in bed while asleep. The possessor can also summon superhuman strength, powerful energy blasts, manipulation of matter, teleportation, telepathy, the ability to resurrect others, and prevent death itself from occuring. Wielders are limited by their own imagination, and by how fully they believe in the Star Brand's power."

Yeah, I'd go with the Star Brand. And before anyone tries the "but DFX, the Star Brand only existed in the new universe reality, not Marvel!" crap... ahem, Quasar, the Deviant Ereshkigal, and The Stranger all possessed the brand as well. Booyah.

We're going around in circles here.

Characters like Phoenix, Thor, Dr. Strange, or even Thanos or Mephisto operate at one level of power. But there are levels in the MU that far, far exceed any of these characters. The question wasn't who was the most powerful hero or villian, but who was the most powerful in the entire MU.

But no question, the "One-Above-All" holds that position, followed by the Living Tribunal. After that, it gets a little fuzzy but it's a long way down til you get to folks like Thor, Hulk, or even the Stranger. (by fuzzy, I mean stuff like do the "Brothers" seen in the Marvel vs DC crossover outrank Enternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion, does Galactus outrank Lord Chaos/Master Order, that kind of thing) Most characters that commonly appear in the regular titles don't even approach the truely cosmic types.

We're going around in circles here.

Characters like Phoenix, Thor, Dr. Strange, or even Thanos or Mephisto operate at one level of power. But there are levels in the MU that far, far exceed any of these characters. The question wasn't who was the most powerful hero or villian, but who was the most powerful in the entire MU.

True, but the Phoenix Force is a cosmic entity, and even battled Galactus to a standstill while using Rachel Grey as its avatar. And don't go forgetting that, for a short time, Thanos attained a power level akin to the One Above All after merging with the Heart of the Universe, so there's no doubt that he was the absolute power in the Marvel Universe, although briefly.

There's no arguing the structure of power; OAA stands at the top, the Living Tribunal below, Cosmic Embodiments (Eternity, Death, etc), then cosmic beings. Though I'm still saying the bearer of the Star Brand is up there with the best of them, I mean come on...he/she can blink out entire realities on a whim.

• 6 months later...

The Brothers represent both Marvel and DC Universes ... as seen in Marvel vs DC.

My guess is that "Brother" Marvel is the strongest cuz He represents All marvels actualities (alternate included).....

Eternity btw encompass "just" 1 Marvel Universe ...

Even the Living Tribunal was powerless in preventing Total War between the Brothers ...

brothers1.jpg

As for the TRUE CREATOR of Marvel:

stanlee.jpg

Why do Hulk fans always talk like the Hulk?

They all don't, or at least I don't,lol.

And I agree, the Hulk is the strongest MORTAL there is, but any of the above listed cosmic entities could handle him no problem.....sad but true.

i mean, i feel like all those cosmic beings ARE really powerful...but i think it just seems like a lot of characters are lesser or more powerful depending on the storyline.

because cosmic people aside i would have said Sentry. He's like Superman, but crazy.

but i dunno. i don't think anyone is wrong just because it depends on the way each character's powers are shown in whatever comic they are being shown in. And it depends.

i'd probably say Phoenix is one of the most powerful heroes/villains (aside from more boring cosmic characters lke Eternity and such), but i'd also say Wolverine since it's nearly impossible for him to die....

but i would. I'm biased towards the X-Men....

Why do Hulk fans always talk like the Hulk?

They all don't, or at least I don't,lol.

And I agree, the Hulk is the strongest MORTAL there is, but any of the above listed cosmic entities could handle him no problem.....sad but true.

I'd have to say otherwise really... the way thor is now I don't think the hulk or anyone else would have a chance on him ... maybe some .... uhg... endless loops indeed :D

maybe the best way to go about it is make a top 20 list?.. 20 should be enough to include everything comic & spacey & what not as well Plus all the regular earth cra* :P

What about Man-Thing? He is the guardian of the Nexus of All Realities. There's a whole lot of story there that's being left unmentioned. He's Adam, like Adam and Eve Adam. Moreover, he's had multiple appearances from actual writers in his book. I don't know where he would rank but i'm pretty sure he should get a spot somewhere in this thread/list.

In terms of raw brute power and rage,resilience and fortitude the Hulk would be the last one standing..

juggernaut.....

hulk can be knocked out and revert back to bruce

juggs is in his form forever,unless his helmet gets taken off, then he is able to get hurt

and im pretty sure onslaught could beat both of them (and did?)