who is the most powerful in the marvel universe?

marvel77

The character called Eternity, which is the embodiment of all life and life-force in the Marvel Universe. Forms a trinity with Death, and Galactus--but is considered to be the greater of the three. For lack of a better term, Eternity is the Marvel Universe's penultimate God.

The thing about Eternity though is the character is considered to be so far advanced, so far above the mortal plane of existence that its like classifying the difference between a grain of sand and a large rocky planet. The scale and scope of the character's power has never been quantified or clearly established--all that's been said is that its simply the most powerful entity in Marvel existence.

the writer

Or one could say this, or even the Editor in Chief--because they can overrule the writer.

STAN LEE!

Oh, seriously OK, maybe Thanos or Galacticus.(sp?)

You are all wrong, multiverse Eternity is near the top, though THE most powerful being in the marvel universe is The One Above All (Marvels "God") Under TOAA is The Living Tribunal

I will list the Marvel Hierarchy (What I believe it is)

1. The One Above All (TOAA), The Heart of the Universe (HOTU, TOAA's power)

2. Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man

3. Living Tribunal, Meggan at full potential, Captain Britain with the Sword of Might (Excalibur) & the Amulet of Right, Mad Jim Jaspers of Earth 616

4. The Infinity Gauntlet

5. Ultimate Nullifier

6. Abraxas & Post-Retcon Molecule Man, The Real Molecule man

7. Multi-Eternity, Multi-Infinity, Atleza, Oblivion

8. The Infinites, the Makers, the Cosmic Containment Units

9. HOM Wanda, Insane Genis-Vell, Celestial Nullifier

10. Eternity, Infinity, Entropy

11. White Phoenix of the Crown, Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order

12. Master Hate, Chronos, One above all(The Celestial), Eon, Galactus, Ziran(Celestial), the Stranger, Mistress Love, the In-Betweener, Gardner, Aegis, Tenebrous

One interesting thing: Marvels "God" is said to be "the artist" and is speculated to be Jack Kirby. The One Above All is said to be "the Writer" and is speculated to be Stan Lee :D Hope this post helped you all get a gauge of Marvels Hierarchy

You are all wrong, multiverse Eternity is near the top, though THE most powerful being in the marvel universe is The One Above All (Marvels "God") Under TOAA is The Living Tribunal

I will list the Marvel Hierarchy (What I believe it is)

1. The One Above All (TOAA), The Heart of the Universe (HOTU, TOAA's power)

2. Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man

3. Living Tribunal, Meggan at full potential, Captain Britain with the Sword of Might (Excalibur) & the Amulet of Right, Mad Jim Jaspers of Earth 616

4. The Infinity Gauntlet

5. Ultimate Nullifier

6. Abraxas & Post-Retcon Molecule Man, The Real Molecule man

7. Multi-Eternity, Multi-Infinity, Atleza, Oblivion

8. The Infinites, the Makers, the Cosmic Containment Units

9. HOM Wanda, Insane Genis-Vell, Celestial Nullifier

10. Eternity, Infinity, Entropy

11. White Phoenix of the Crown, Death, Lord Chaos, Master Order

12. Master Hate, Chronos, One above all(The Celestial), Eon, Galactus, Ziran(Celestial), the Stranger, Mistress Love, the In-Betweener, Gardner, Aegis, Tenebrous

One interesting thing: Marvels "God" is said to be "the artist" and is speculated to be Jack Kirby. The One Above All is said to be "the Writer" and is speculated to be Stan Lee :D Hope this post helped you all get a gauge of Marvels Hierarchy

That's a nice list, but Spider-Man would beat them all!

the writer

Or one could say this, or even the Editor in Chief--because they can overrule the writer.

I know someone who would overrule them all!!!

US! The Customer/ Reader!

DING DING DING!!

After seeing what Doom did WAY back when in the secret wars, I have to say that Dooms persevereance, ambition and intelligence makes him the most powerful in the sense that he would find some way to gain more power and do away with his enemies.

But his arrogance would be his downfall...

I see Magneto as an exremely overall powerful being...

The Sentry but he has not shown his full potential.

In terms of raw brute power and rage,resilience and fortitude the Hulk would be the last one standing..

But I guess that I would go with the 2 nd of two brothers. The ones that were mentioned in the marvel DC crossover who was basically reality itself.

But then again....

THANOS was pretty bad ass in the gauntlet series.

We are told time and time again that "Hulk is the strongest one there is!" So can there really be any doubt? Even Galactus fell before the mighty power of Hulk in the Marvel Zombies story. Bring on your most powerful god of gods, and Hulk will still find a way to beat them to a pulp. Hulk smash!

We are told time and time again that "Hulk is the strongest one there is!" So can there really be any doubt? Even Galactus fell before the mighty power of Hulk in the Marvel Zombies story. Bring on your most powerful god of gods, and Hulk will still find a way to beat them to a pulp. Hulk smash!

Couldn't agree with you more!

Marvel has made Hulk the "Strongest" so i think it would be him. Even Thanos admitted that he would prefer to avoid a fight with the Hulk so i think that says alot!

"Angrier Hulk gets, Stronger Hulk gets" so that tells us that if he keeps getting pissed off he'll only get stronger.

Marvel hasn't put a limit to his power so Hulk gets my vote!

Hulk doesn't stand a chance to the ppl in my list, heck even thanos or the silver surfer would maul him, all he has is brute force, anyone person with matter manipulation or versatility would mess hulk. Hulk is the strongest HUMAN there is thats it.

To the person who said Odin made the whole shebang, that is false Odin is the master of his domain, Asgard, he is a sky father that is all. He is nothing on the wide scale of the marvel Hierarchy.

Hulk doesn't stand a chance to the ppl in my list, heck even thanos or the silver surfer would maul him, all he has is brute force, anyone person with matter manipulation or versatility would mess hulk. Hulk is the strongest HUMAN there is thats it.

To the person who said Odin made the whole shebang, that is false Odin is the master of his domain, Asgard, he is a sky father that is all. He is nothing on the wide scale of the marvel Hierarchy.

well i wouldn't go that far, i mean i'm not saying Hulk could take somebody like the beyonder or one of those crazy type do anything you can think of powered people, but he's def not in the "human" class as far as power goes, he's the strongest there is, that doesn't mean he'll always win, but nobody is gonna take Hulk in an arm wrestling match. and for the record the zombies beating Galactus was just plain stupid, he should've wiped them all out

Hulk may be "Strongest one there is", but Thor has fought him to a standstill repeatedly. However, in terms of brute strength, I'll grant you Hulk is the most powerful earth-born mortal currently alive.

Silver Surfer is several times more powerful, by sheer power, he dwarfs even the likes of Thor or Odin. BUT, by the same token, Norin Radd is not a fighter by nature, and has since winning his freedom from the Big G shown that he dislikes using his full poer in combat situations, allowing folks like Hulk, Thor, and others to kick his shiny can. All the power in the worlds wont help if you don't use it.

All that said, right now I'd reluctantly have to say that the Scarlet plot-device... I mean Scarlet Witch is probably more powerful than even the cosmic types since she is rewriting reality on at least a planet wide, possible a Universe wide scale at whim these days.

Hulk may be "Strongest one there is", but Thor has fought him to a standstill repeatedly. However, in terms of brute strength, I'll grant you Hulk is the most powerful earth-born mortal currently alive. Silver Surfer is several times more powerful, by sheer power, he dwarfs even the likes of Thor or Odin.

Let's keep in mind 2 important points about the Hulk:

1. In the Ulitimate Avengers movie, Hulk lifted Thor's hammer and threw it at him, hit him in the head and knocked him out cold. So much for Thor.

2. In Marvel Zombies, Hulk bit off Silver Surfer's head and killed him swiftly and easily. Bye-bye Silver Surfer.

Hulk may be "Strongest one there is", but Thor has fought him to a standstill repeatedly. However, in terms of brute strength, I'll grant you Hulk is the most powerful earth-born mortal currently alive. Silver Surfer is several times more powerful, by sheer power, he dwarfs even the likes of Thor or Odin.

Let's keep in mind 2 important points about the Hulk:

1. In the Ulitimate Avengers movie, Hulk lifted Thor's hammer and threw it at him, hit him in the head and knocked him out cold. So much for Thor.

2. In Marvel Zombies, Hulk bit off Silver Surfer's head and killed him swiftly and easily. Bye-bye Silver Surfer.

Those are both what we comic book debaters called PIS or Plot induced stupidity, silver surfer cannot be damage by physical means like that, he has went through black holes, took blasts from galactus / thanos hulk biting off his head is purely PIS, and marvel zombies / ultimate is non canon ne ways the way most ppl debate. Usually only 616 versions are used, as they all usually stick to the rules that are "set in stone"

If u enjoy learning about how powerful Marvel, or DC characters are, or seeing if who would win in a lets say superman vs silver surfer fight, goto http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/ really good forum, and some of the most knowledgeable ppl when it comes to comics.

P.S once again Hulk is the strongest human, he is still dwarfed by the likes of Silver Surfer, Odin, Galactus, or any other top teir herald and above.