Marvel Legend Collector Types

drzenith

I currently doing my MBA at the Australian National University and wishes to explore the world of hobby toy collecting.

So far, Marvel Legends has become a phenomenom toy hobby and wishes to ask you as a collector on which behaviour do you follow:

1. Casual - buy occasionally the one you like

2. Bargain Hunter - buy when it is discounted

3. Regular - collect every single one

4. Double - collect every single one but has a MOC set and an opened one.

5. Pioneer - has been there ever since Series 1

6. Exclusive - collect either toy biz version only or hasbro

thanks,

Larry Parker, Canberra, Australia

lets see, I have every marvel legend, spiderman classic, xmen figure. dc stuff I get some things not all.

I would have to say i'm a REGULAR PIONEER. translated to - I have been there from series 1 and collect all of them, when I say all of them i mean comic version, foil poster version, with trading card version, without trading card version, variants and regulars. If it's a Marvel Legend, I have it.

http://marvellegends.net/guests/BlackCat2oo6/

BlackCat_03.jpg

FOr the toybiz ML stuff I have been trying to do two of everything, though for the first 6-7ish waves I only did 1 each mosc & very Casual about it skiping the odd ones I did not like which were few and far between.... then I started going back and trying to get figures I passed on when I started getting doubles... Still have large gaps in my open collection cause of that ... doh...

For hasbro I think I will be very Casual & a bit of a bargin hunter... Though I still want all those acursed bafs :D

lets see... for Toybiz, I am:

3. Regular - collect every single one

4. Double - collect every single one but has a MOC set and an opened one.

6. Exclusive - collect either toy biz version only or hasbro

I can't really claim Pioneer because I passed on series 1. My first figure was Namor in series 2. However, as soon I got him I went out and picked up the figures from series 1, which were still somewhat easily available at retail.

2. I am a bargain hunter because I will buy extras when they are discounted, just because they are so cheap. ALthough I have always bought my first few sets immediately upon release.

3. Regular. I collect every single one. I think I am only missing Toad from the regular series.

4. Double - I have tried to collect doubles of them all. But I didn't star being a MOC collector until series 6.. so I am missing some of the earlier figures MOC. I think I am missing like 12 or so MOC, even though I have them loose.

6. Exclusive- as of now, I only collect Toybiz stuff.. although I do have Ultimate Ironman, Planet Hulk, Silver Wolverine, and Diamond Emma... because my brother gave them to me.

for Hasbro, I plan to be:

1. Casual - buy occasionally the one you like

5. Pioneer - has been there ever since Series 1

1. Casual. I haven't really seen anything I love yet.. but I will pick up a few, like She-Hulk.

2. Bargain Hunter- Even the figures I like, I will only buy at discount. I know KB will be putting these dudes on clearance shortly.... I don't like any of the figure enough to pay 10+ for.

5. Pioneer. I guess I have been there since series one... but I won't be buying many of them.

Lately I'm more a 3. Regular - but that's mainly because of the BAFs. I I don't want the BAF and there's a character I don't want, I won't buy.

I would have to say i'm a REGULAR PIONEER. translated to - I have been there from series 1 and collect all of them, when I say all of them i mean comic version, foil poster version, with trading card version, without trading card version, variants and regulars. If it's a Marvel Legend, I have it.

http://marvellegends.net/guests/BlackCat2oo6/

Wow, you even have some of the Australian release ML6 with 4 comics. Now that's keen

Oh, and Pioneer, well TBML pioneer. I haven't bought a single HML.

Pioneer, been with ML since the start and have most, not to concerned about paying high prices I just want them, maybe there should have been an "obsessed" option its not just ML for me its as much of everything as i can get!

I'm a different category altogether.

Definitely a "Pioneer", but I generally only collect the characters that really appeal to me, and am not a "completist". To be sure, this doesn't apply to a lot of characters, and the advent of BAF forced me to buy the entire wave, but there are a few I left on the pegs for lack of interest:

ML 1 Toad

X-Men Box Set (w/Rogue...she's the only one I wanted, wasn't willing to spend $40 to get her...)

FF Box Set (w/l'il Franklin fig...too cartoony...)

House of M Box Set (I only want the Iron-Man...same as above for X-Men Box set...)

ML 10 Mystique (I bought her, she broke instantly, I have no interest in replacing her since I do have a Sentinel...)

In addition, I rarely spend money on the variants. Most are too expensive, and I'm fortunate enough to work with some local collectors that helps me find the ones I really want at retail...

I'd classify my type of collector as an "Enthusiast"

@Spidey@ Regular Collector, although I sometimes buy a double to open one up.

I would say that I am a bit of all 6. Some figues I have up to 6x, all loose. I like doing displays like teams, Marvel vs DC and Famous battles. So I look for some figues to buy at bargin prices, I collect variants and exclusive, I have som MOC, but for the most part I have been a pioneer and have been collecting since day one and have all the figures.