GIJoe 3 3/4" 25th Anniversary Figure Update (New Images)

The Wire

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...it looks like the trooper gained some weight in the mid-section and his forehead is HUGE!

...Cobra Commander looks like his head shrunk and lost his neck...legs are skinny as well!

So will flint have gloves or not? There are pictures with AND with out. I like him better with.

It looks like the final packaged product doesn't so I am sure he doesn't anymore! :(

One other thing that bugs me is that it doesn't look like the Officer will be getting an AK. It's too bad, because an army of snipers just doesn't sit well with me - if they were only going to do one weapon for both of them, it would have been more appropriate if it was an AK, and Hasbro could conceivably get a heck of lot more mileage out of the mold as well.

So will flint have gloves or not? There are pictures with AND with out. I like him better with.

Yeah, I really wanted him with the Gloves. Made him look more like the original Flint. I wonder if they just had a mix up at the factory and we are going to see the first batch without the gloves. Then when the second batch arrives, we will find him with the gloves.

I think (hope) the no gloves on Flint situation might just have to do with the fact that someone just tossed some Duke arms on there by accident. Hey, it's almost the exact same mold. Please?

Also, the big forehead on the officer is just because of the removable helmet (which is AWESOME!) and whoever posed it did a crap job.

Did I mention I can't wait for these, and I still think I'm dreaming. A proper return to the 3 3/4" GI Joe's roots is something I thought I'd never see. Thanks Hasbro! Now make a turns blue in sunlight Zartan and I won't have to come beat you all with a stick.

I liked SE, Roadblock, Destro, and SS. Baroness also cleaned up nicely. The others I could do without. They really don't do it for me. But those five I mentioned, I really like.

I wonder why we still haven't seen Duke without his helmet?

We have added new images of all the figures from the first two 5-packs along with the first 10 single carded figures

Um...what? Maybe I'm blind, but I see only five single-carded figures.

Also, am I supposed to be less impressed by the actual figures and more impressed by the prototypes, or...? Because that's exactly what's happened here. Not to complain, but the actual products are less stellar than I had hoped.

Also, am I supposed to be less impressed by the actual figures and more impressed by the prototypes, or...? Because that's exactly what's happened here. Not to complain, but the actual products are less stellar than I had hopes.

unfortunately, i agree. i'm still excited - very - but figures like the battle helmet CC look weird now... ungodly long skinny legs? who would think that looks good? and really, really, give the fella a neck....

hopefully things like the neck issue can be fixed with a lil' customizing.

still holding out hopes hasbro gives us a great new zartan...

The GI Joe Vs. Cobra series was way better than these new things. I might buy afew, but I'm not counting on it. And I understand that these are redoos of the origional releases, but I don't think they should have two of all the regular charactres instead of giving some of the various other well loved characters like barbecue. Joes were about the only thing Hasbro ever did well, and between these and the Sigma Six 2.5" Battle Pack figures, they've finally managed to screw that up too.

Also, am I supposed to be less impressed by the actual figures and more impressed by the prototypes, or...? Because that's exactly what's happened here. Not to complain, but the actual products are less stellar than I had hopes.

unfortunately, i agree. i'm still excited - very - but figures like the battle helmet CC look weird now... ungodly long skinny legs? who would think that looks good? and really, really, give the fella a neck....

hopefully things like the neck issue can be fixed with a lil' customizing.

still holding out hopes hasbro gives us a great new zartan...

Hopefully, but honestly, you shouldn't HAVE to fix the neck issue, because there shouldn't BE a neck issue TO FIX.

Are they joking? Beyond the blatant paint flaws that these things are most assuredly going to have, we get sculpts that, in some cases, don't even remotely match the prototypes. The sculpts. The very things that SHOULD, if nothing else, match the prototypes DON'T MATCH AT ALL. And what is the deal with Hasbro and proportions? Star Wars figures are almost perfect in that regard--never a case of legs longer than a torso unless the character calls for it--and, yet, they can't seem to get it right with the license that put Hasbro on the map in the first place. Why? What is Hasbro's major malfunction? Does Hasbro truly think that sub-par figures are going to help sell the 25th Anniversary relaunch, or are they doing this on purpose?

I'll tell you this...if the relaunch rests on how well these figures do, we won't have to worry about purchasing too many of these in the future, since we won't be seeing much beyond wave 2. These things are underwhelming and more than a little disappointing. If I could collect the prototypes, I would.

The GI Joe Vs. Cobra series was way better than these new things. I might buy afew, but I'm not counting on it. And I understand that these are redoos of the origional releases, but I don't think they should have two of all the regular charactres instead of giving some of the various other well loved characters like barbecue. Joes were about the only thing Hasbro ever did well, and between these and the Sigma Six 2.5" Battle Pack figures, they've finally managed to screw that up too.

I wouldn't say they totally screwed it up. Maybe to you, but the response has been pretty good so far. Or at least that's what Hasbro keeps saying in their press releases.

As for Joes being the only thing Hasbro did well, well that's also up to debate, and based solely on opinion. Hasbro is a huge company that makes an insane amount of different products. Some are also liked very well, and would seem to have done some good in the sales department.

I'm not totally blow away by these like some people have been, but I think they're good enough to give me something else to look for when I head into stores again.

I wouldn't say they totally screwed it up. Maybe to you, but the response has been pretty good so far. Or at least that's what Hasbro keeps saying in their press releases.

As for Joes being the only thing Hasbro did well, well that's also up to debate, and based solely on opinion. Hasbro is a huge company that makes an insane amount of different products. Some are also liked very well, and would seem to have done some good in the sales department.

I'm not totally blow away by these like some people have been, but I think they're good enough to give me something else to look for when I head into stores again.

Enjoy your neckless Cobra Commander, paint flaws, and unnatural proportions. I, for one, am sick of them.

The prototypes looked awesome. These look infinitely less-so. Case closed.

Enjoy your neckless Cobra Commander, paint flaws, and unnatural proportions. I, for one, am sick of them.

The prototypes looked awesome. These look infinitely less-so. Case closed.

In my first response, I stated there was really only about 5 figures I'd be interested in buying. I am in no way a big 25th supporter. And I've been blasted (along with others) for not being one of the people that really liked these. I just look forward to actually seeing maybe a few figures I might want to buy on the shelves.

Did anyone else notice that they changed the artwork for Flint from the original packaging to reflect the different shotgun?

And, overall, I think Timber is the worst looking of the lot. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on these guys.

In my first response, I stated there was really only about 5 figures I'd be interested in buying. I am in no way a big 25th supporter. And I've been blasted (along with others) for not being one of the people that really liked these. I just look forward to actually seeing maybe a few figures I might want to buy on the shelves.

All I'm saying is that the glass isn't half-full. There's a lot wrong with these. If you don't think so, then more power to you--as I said, enjoy the horrid proportions and such. I won't, because I'm tired of being promised the Second Coming and getting something less exciting.

Did anyone else notice that they changed the artwork for Flint from the original packaging to reflect the different shotgun?

And, overall, I think Timber is the worst looking of the lot. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on these guys.

Enjoy your lackluster figs/waste of money, sir.

What I don't get is why they keep releasing pics of the first 15 over and over again and not just release pics of the 2nd wave of single carded figures.

I hope they never release images of the second wave, mostly because the prototypes will certainly be a whole lot better than the final product--and I'd rather not see what could have been again.

I echo the sentiments about the poor proportions in these new pics. Why are we still seeing no-neck, long-legged pinheads after all this time? How does this get continually approved for production? I think all the added articulation causes some of the body distortions but there is no excuse for short necks or small heads.

I'll tell you this...if the relaunch rests on how well these figures do, we won't have to worry about purchasing too many of these in the future, since we won't be seeing much beyond wave 2. These things are underwhelming and more than a little disappointing. If I could collect the prototypes, I would.

really? because you do not like them that means they won't appeal to a large enough customer base? interesting concept.

you don't like them, fine. but no need to proclaim the lines failure because you don't. these figures success or failure doesn't depend on your personal preferences. sorry if that is upsetting or surprising to you.

I don't see how making two of several characters has prevented us getting newer characters. I don't think it was an all or nothing proposition, meaning we will never see new characters now because they made a second SE's or SS immediately. in fact, I think it is rather obvious that these second figures were produced because they could do so quickly and get new product on the shelves sooner than it would take than if they were producing entire molds from scratch. it was either these, essentially, "repaints" or nothing at all until new figures are made.

if the line continues, we will see new characters. if it doesn't, we were never going to see them anyways, so these "repaints" didn't take spots anyway. That would be like syaing the 85 SE's shouldn't have been made before Shockwave, or Hasbro should never have made Roadblock v2 until after they made a new machine gunner like Repeater. No, one has nothing to do with the other. as time goes on, you get more characters over the course of the line. not getting them all at once or before repeat characters does not equate to not getting new characters. the dynamic is far more complicated than simply for every figure produced, another figure could have been done so as well just as easily. that isn't the case.

besides, people are crying that v2 SE's was made from the same mold that v1 SE's was. imagine if Hasbro did produce Barbecue for this wave instead of SE's with the SE's mold, you wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the crying. or maybe Tripwire using the Cobra Trooper mold. what then?

All I'm saying is that the glass isn't half-full. There's a lot wrong with these. If you don't think so, then more power to you--as I said, enjoy the horrid proportions and such. I won't, because I'm tired of being promised the Second Coming and getting something less exciting.

Enjoy your lackluster figs/waste of money, sir.

What I don't get is why they keep releasing pics of the first 15 over and over again and not just release pics of the 2nd wave of single carded figures.

I hope they never release images of the second wave, mostly because the prototypes will certainly be a whole lot better than the final product--and I'd rather not see what could have been again.

That's a lot of hostility towards people just for having a different opinion. You're welcome not to like the figures, bash hasbro, but why go after a person you don't know b/c they're excited about something you don't like? Not trying to pick a fight, just suggesting that perhaps, your hostility is misplaced.

In rebuttal to your arguments, what were you really expecting from Hasbro? They've never managed to hit anything perfect - these are updates in a totally new sculpting style. There is bound to be some trial and error and other missteps along the way. Not to mention, some of these pictures (especially for the 5 pack figures) are from such a distance, how can anyone really tell there are issues with the sculpting and not just poor posing? And we have seen some terrible poses from hasbro.

My only point - maybe a lot of these will look better in hand. And for the record, I'm in the camp of "overall, pretty happy" with what's been produced (minus SE v.2 which I think my expectations may have been unrealistically high on).