Hasbro Silver Surfer out yet?

pastwatch2001

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw 10 of them today. I think they're somewhere around $10-$11 each.

I'll pass on these, since it's no better than the TBiz SS. I'll tell you what though, the movie line is coming up soon and they have a better sculpt (in 5 inch scale), but if you wait a little longer like 4 months down the line you'll see the 6 inch resculpt along with the FF4: ROSS Movie line when everything dies down on the 5 inchers and the BAF is Ronan the Accuser!! The Spider Man 3 6" inch Movie line is coming up soon after they've sucked us dry with their 5 inchers and run its course. Hasbro, you're all so smart . . . .double dipping on everyone !!

Eh, it makes sense. Having both the 5 and the 6 inch figures on the shelves at the same time would be redundant and make both sell worse. If one's going to come first and at the same time as the movie, the kid-oriented smaller toys make sense since those are more likely to benefit from the hype from the movie. Us collectors are more likely to buy the figures with or without the movie, so we're the second priority.

Just saw about 40 of these on an endcap at Wal-Mart last night. Destined to be a shelf-warmer from the looks of it. Still not half as bad as the Wolverine / Diamond Emma which are clogging shelves, pegs, endcaps and bins.

Marvel is blowing it. Took my boy to see the new movie today and he was REALLY WANTING a SS figure, trucked to two Wal-marts and a Target and found nothing! Target had some of the 5" figures (no SS), but I haven't seen ANY of the Legends SS anywhere? What the hell?

Marvel is blowing it. Took my boy to see the new movie today and he was REALLY WANTING a SS figure, trucked to two Wal-marts and a Target and found nothing! Target had some of the 5" figures (no SS), but I haven't seen ANY of the Legends SS anywhere? What the hell?

I had similiar luck. I went to my Wal-Mart last night at about 9:00 and there was not a single F4 or ML Surfer figure on the shelves. It was a true dissapointment. Under normal circumstances, my Wal-Mart has been known to carry a very limited number of figures (if they manage to carry something at all) But to see not one toy that's even remotly related to a summer blockbuster that's playing in its opening weekend, seems very lackluster. They didn't even have a upc code or anything. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

yeah I have not seen the new F4 toys anywhere except for a few at Target and KB. No walmart, toysrus, meijer, kmart nowhere which is extremely odd for such a high profile pg rated superhero movie

I only picked up Surfer. Pretty sweet given that its by Hasbro..

yeah i found mine the other day, strangely it wasnt in the aisle though all the F4 stuff and the new MLSS were all stuffed on an endcap in the back of the toy section, i almost missed them cause i got bummed out when I couldnt find any F4 stuff, then shabam there it was at the end, so dont give up hope and check endcaps, when I got mine there was yeah like 20 SS now theres maybe 5, and i managed to find a f4 SS as well, because i dont think anyone had discovered they were on the end cap at first, but now all those figures are almost gone.

I finally saw this piece the other day, he's definitely peg-a-licious, no magnets. Out of the 3 Walmarts I hit that day only one had an endcap full of these. Some of them were crushed others were in decent shape.

Nothing in El Paso.

• 3 weeks later...

i guess i missed out on this figure again! there were none on the shelves before i left for ntc and there are none now that i'm back, are they still showing up anywhere by anybody still

Picked one of these up on my route in San Diego. He wasn't with the normal Hasbro/Marvel Legends stuff. Rather he was around the corner mixed in with some other items. He is available for trade if anyone wants him.