Hasbro Silver Surfer out yet?

pastwatch2001

I've seen them here in Dayton. I can get someone a Venom if they have an extra Spidey to trade. I'll make sure he's in great condition if I could get the same. Just send me a PM and we'll go from there. As for the SS, I'll be sure and get him if he pops up at any of my 7 WMs in my area. I guess I'm lucky in that aspect. Lucky indeed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Found it tonight at my local (Carbondale, IL) Wal-Mart. No street date on the box at all. It's $10.97 ('cause it's "exclusive", ya know), but I too never got the first release so it's mine. Huge, huge case pack though, 24 of 'em per case! :o

24 per case wow that is niceee indeed! I wonder how fast they will go hmm?..

To get one now to keep misb & wait for a sale for the one to open orr .... what to do what to do ..

So did you open it up and see if there is indeed a peg on that surf board? That'll probably be the make or break for me - don't want a peg on that board!

So did you open it up and see if there is indeed a peg on that surf board? That'll probably be the make or break for me - don't want a peg on that board!

There's 2 foot pegs actually. I've found a pretty slick pose though using the pegs.

No open pics of it yet?.. About about under the board?.. The ml?6? one had that lil comet display base you could pose him on but does this board have holes on the bottom for a stand or two?... If not its going to be a pain showing him hovering beside galactus :D

It is a walmart exclusive.it gonna be out on june 2nd

I won't buy this junk because it's a step down from the ToyBiz Series 5 version in that they took away the magnets in the soles of the feet. It also never rectified the funny looking alien head that resembles someting from the X-Files and not faithful to the comic version. They should upscale the 5 inch version theyre bringing out for the Rise of the Silver Surfer line and I would be at least happier. Hasbro doesn't know what collectors really want and they need to get their heads out of their a$$. My money would go to a quality product, not to a cost cutting measures, they started with the Spider Man 3 movie lines. I'll just stand pat with the older figures they have out there from ToyBiz where at least they more less tried to get it right with Paint washes comic inserts, etc. Also they should wipe out those silly grins from their sculpted figures they're bringing out . . they look thoroughly creepy if not emasculated. over and out !!!

There's 2 foot pegs actually. I've found a pretty slick pose though using the pegs.

Aw, that's a shame. Cheers for the info.

Never seen it!

They made a brief appearance in Salinas, CA yesterday. A friend of mine picked one up for me. I went back this morning to see if there were anymore and they were gonzo. I have yet to have the heart to crack mine open. I want to enjoy him in the package for a while longer before I crack him open. He looks great in the package and I would actually consider buying another to keep him MOC (which I never do). Anywho, here he is in the package (if you haven't seen him yet).

surfer.jpg

I made a mid-nite run to Walmart last night just to look for these. No luck. Ran into about 20 collectors waiting on Transformer toys. Kinda reminded me of midnight madness for star wars.

I missed out on the ML5 version as well, so I'm going to keep an eye out for this exclusive. I might buy the original sometime down the line, but this new version is ok with me.

i got this last night around midnight at my 24-hour wally. i have the first version, but this one has a lot going for it... first of all, it's the SILVER surfer instade of the BLUE surfer like the TB ML one... the thing that does bug me about it, though, is the pegs on the board. they're spaced out really wide and they just don't look very good, and on top of that they dont sit well in the holes in the bottoms of his feet. those holes are the ones that the magnets USED to be in on the old one, so they're huge.

anyway, a single case of these contains 24 Surfers, so it shouldn't be too hard to come across

They made a brief appearance in Salinas, CA yesterday. A friend of mine picked one up for me. I went back this morning to see if there were anymore and they were gonzo. I have yet to have the heart to crack mine open. I want to enjoy him in the package for a while longer before I crack him open. He looks great in the package and I would actually consider buying another to keep him MOC (which I never do). Anywho, here he is in the package (if you haven't seen him yet).

surfer.jpg

I don't blame you its a nice looking package :)

Saw the shelves fully loaded with these at two Walmarts out here in San Diego. I doubt they will be hard to find, unless people are scooping them up like gold. They look exactly like the Toybiz version as far as I know, I never had the TB version. $10.97 isn't a bad price, wonder if it will cause the original TB to drop in price?! Anyhow, he's out there, so cop him!!!