All Star Batman and Robin

Riker

All Star Batman and Robin  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is All Star Batman and Robin worth the read?

• Definitely
    • Maybe
    • What's All Star Batman and Robin
    • Burn them!!!

Other than the Jim Lee art? Utter shite. All-Star Superman however is great fun. If you like Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely and the zany nature of how Superman used to be long long ago. I dig it.

• 2 weeks later...
Other than the Jim Lee art? Utter shite. All-Star Superman however is great fun. If you like Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely and the zany nature of how Superman used to be long long ago. I dig it.

Thanks man... I will check out the Superman! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe its a little extreme for me to vote burn the book but seriously, I dont know what is Frank Miller thinking.

The whole book doesnt seem Batman. He's really out of character and for the newest #5 u get to see the Wonder Woman. You can't really even tell she's wonder woman if not for the costume. Too out of character.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be buying these, except that I can afford the one a year schedule they seem to have it on. Years from now, this is going to be a "What the hell were they thinking?" story like the Valiant/Image Deathmate crossover or Amalgam Comics.

• 4 months later...

You know the funny thing about this is that I remember reading back in Wizard that this was supposed to be DC's answer to the "Ultimate" universe in Marvel......like everything you love about your favorite characters kinda thing......without all the continuity bogging it down. It was supposed to be the definitive Batman......or whatever. It seems like its Twilight Zone Bats if anything.

This is such an abomination of a book, DC really should just pull a late-term abortion. All-Star Superman? Well done, Grant Morrison's doing a great job with the writing and I've always liked Quitely's art.

Now Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder? Dear god, only more proof that Miller's a washed up hack that needs to hang up his pen. I'd call it Sin City in Gotham, but even the writing in Sin City was better than this garbage. I should mention I'm a huge Sin City fan, loved Ronin, and was really hoping for a lot out of Miller's return to Batman...but for real, Miller must have gone batshit crazy between The Dark Knight and this..."book."

Only saving grace for All Star Batman is the art. Jim Lee still does Batman justice, but the writing, dialogue, structure and story in itself are on par with a junior high remedial creative writing class. Avoid the series unless you're the type of person that loves watching train wrecks and buying bottom-rated $5.00 D-movies from the value bins at WalMart.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave that book 2 issues. Later the next year, when number 3 came out, I had to pass. Even as a Jim Lee fan, that book is crap. I always thought it would be hard to screw up Batman.......

Is DC so blinded by what Miller did 20 years ago with the Dark Night? Yes, it revitalized the character and the comic industry. But this book is proof that that dose NOT mean Miller can do no wrong.

All Star Superman, however.....great stuff. If you're a Super-fan tired of creators/editors who don't know how to handle the character in the "regular" DCU, this book is your safest bet.

• 4 months later...