eBay Bans Unmarked Megatron Gun Toys

Bespin refugee

eBay Pulls ALL Megatron toys that transform into a Walter P-38. It is a blanket Ban on all Reissues, Masterpieces and Vintage Megatrons. Violations may result in Suspensions of Accounts. Please read further for their reply.

I just did a search for Megatron Masterpiece and I noticed that they were all gone! I then contacted Ebay customer and this is what I got in reply:

The sale of weapo

View the full article

That's all there is to it....DON'T post a pic. People will know what it is. They might be a bit more vigilant about catching them now, but eventually they'll probably relax a bit and things will be fine.

This is all an overreaction to the Vigrinia shooting I'm sure. It's the typical knee-jerk reaction that comes out of things like this.

It's totally ridiculous, but then again most stupid people are.

Guest DavAnthony

that is so lame.I thought polictal correctness had died down after the 90's ended but I guess it still shows it's absurd head from time to time.

It's quite easy to get around this... Read the new rules... Show the "actual" photo of the item. If you upload your own pic, I'm sure they won't notice much of a difference. And then just somehow let the fandom figure out their own codewords for selling the butt-plug-Megatron, and the not-so-plugged Megatron.

-Kevin

this is pretty crappy in my opinion but i have one already so i guess i can't complain much. then again i only use ebay for vintage stuff and things not on sale anymore.

i HAVE to laugh though at all the scalpers that bought tons of these AND the re-issue megatrons and now cant sell them. guess they'll have to climb outta their parents basement, dust off the cheeto crumbs and come face to face with the fans they are ripping off. hahaha

I personally think its bogus and ludacris, but alas, you really can't change it. Who knows, they might lift the ban after things cool down. Glad I have a Megatron without any mods done to it.

:) :) Bingo, like he said. I'm glad to have my un-modified Meggy too.

It's quite easy to get around this... Read the new rules... Show the "actual" photo of the item. If you upload your own pic, I'm sure they won't notice much of a difference. And then just somehow let the fandom figure out their own codewords for selling the butt-plug-Megatron, and the not-so-plugged Megatron.

-Kevin

That would make perfect sense to many! "G1 Megatron un-plugged."

Well what we don't know at this point is if ebay has persisted in pulling auctions and sent out warnings to people who continue to post auctions violating the policy.

The policy wouldn't stop them from being listed.

Perhaps over time we'll find out if people have been getting a hard time about posting them or not. Ebay used to do the same thing with prototype sales, but those never stopped either and it seems like they gave up trying to stop it.