Green Lantern series

Titan

I didn't want to try the new series with Hal (I'm a Kyle Rayner fan) but a friend of mine wrote a review highly recommending the latest issue (I think it's number 18, the one with Star Saphire).

I still miss Kyle but I've got to admit it was a good read.

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of the series so far. What's going on with Hal? Does Kyle (or even John or Guy) ever show up? Where's Hal based out of now, somebody told me there's a new Coast City?

I thought the GL Corps thing was just a mini series. Is it really an ongoing title?

Help please, and thanks in advance.

guy is seen more in the corps serires than the main GL series which focuses on hal like it should ... Guy allso had a 1-5 or some such mini I belive a bit ago too I sorta forget what happened with that one ... If you're a Kyle fan you should check out the ION mini series as well! Theres allso some kinda sinestro corps anual or some such coming up which I belive will be a key book for future GL series so you should snag that up too!

Personaly I am enjoying all the GL type mini series that have poped up so far... & corps is a neat little title in its own well worth checking out :) For the most part it focuses on a group of newbe GLs that popedup I forget where... but they were quite interesting when they did pop up I thought...

& then it allso has some other random stuff in it like guy & other random gl trainies

• 3 weeks later...

I love both series'! They're quickly becoming my favorite ongoing series'.

and GLC is makin me like Guy Gardner. He's probly my second favorite GL, besides Hal of course ;)

I'm reading both - looking forward to the Sinestro Corps Special.

Here's a repaint of Batman I did for his appearance in issue 8 or so, Bat-Lantern!

batlanternms8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man I dig that custom :D

There is allso some kinda sinestro corps anual comic or mini coming up too guys don't miss it :D

Reading the latest comic I expect there will be a LOT more going on in the GL books ... Those guardian woman made there own starsphire power battery!

How ever I duno how many of you noticed they had the pink one ,the green one , & yellow one there too! What up with that?.. Aside from that though they had spots for 6 more items to be placed!! I wonder what the HECK they are doing?.. They can't have 9 group factions mixing it up in the DCU all with rings and power bats...

I'm behind on my GL. I got Rebirth and about the first 12 issues of the new series. I got the GLC Recharge mini, but none of the ongoing series. And I only picked up the first few issues of ION. I'm going to pick up that Sinestro Corps Special and try to get the crossover issues, if I can spare the money. I think Green Lantern is going to be the next big property Warner Bros turns into a movie. They are tapdancing around a Wonder Woman movie and David Goyer is circling Flash. The only big franchise left is GL. Damn that would rock on the big screen. Who would you guys cast as Hal Jordan?

a GL movie could be great but I have a hard time seeing what they could do with him on screen ...

Maybe some sorta movie spin on the emerald twilight story

They would have to do an origin story. Abin Sur is fending off some alien invasion, is mortally wounded and passes the ring to test pilot Jordan. In the second, act, Sinestro shows up to train Jordan, then in the final act turns out he's on the alien invaders side and he and Jordan throw down in a ring on ring battle. Of course, you have to have a Carol Ferris love story in there somewhere, and probably some father issues for Hal to overcome. I would say leave Guy and John Stewart out of the first one, maybe cameos. But then if whoever played Hal outgrew the role after a movie or two, BLAMMO! instant replacements!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather see a DTV animated GL movie than see WB screw him in a live version. Jack Black ring a bell?

I've only recently read Rebirth, and to be honest I was pretty impressed, as far as 'resurrection' stories go; Johns is definately a fan writer, and a good one above all. I picked up the Sinestro Corps prologue and its settled the debate whether or not to continue with the series.

If you haven't read a GL book for a while, its really worth jumping on and seeing how this whole upcoming GL war has really shook things up for all the characters - especially Kyle Rainer. I'm really looking forward to this story arc.

Also, Patrick Stewart for Abin Sur!!!!! @lol@ @lol@

Green Lantern is one of DC's BEST series out right now and it just keeps getting better....I think the long build-up for the return of Hal Jordan has allowed some deep ideas to grow in some writers like Johns and they're just letting them all loose right now.It also has had some great artist like Ethan Van Sciver and with the Sinestro Corps. storyline coming up...MAN...it's a great time to follow Green Lantern and great time for Hal Jordan to be back!

For me this is the series that i cannot wait for every month. I love all the GL titles and with the sinestro corp stuff thats happening now i want more i tell you, MORE. The Sinestro Corp special was fan-freekin-tastic...i totally didnt see that coming..

• 2 weeks later...
The Sinestro Corp special was fan-freekin-tastic...i totally didnt see that coming..

Yeah, that was the first "WHOA!" moment I've had in a few years. There have been very few moments like that since Colossus returned, Xorn ended up being Magneto, and Jason Todd returned in HUSH. I guess Drax ripping out Thanos' heart would be one.

But that whole Parallax thing was wicked. And then topping it off with the Superboy-Prime, Cyborg Superman, and Anti-Monitor. Damn. Its gonna be good!!

• 1 month later...
They would have to do an origin story. Abin Sur is fending off some alien invasion, is mortally wounded and passes the ring to test pilot Jordan. In the second, act, Sinestro shows up to train Jordan, then in the final act turns out he's on the alien invaders side and he and Jordan throw down in a ring on ring battle. Of course, you have to have a Carol Ferris love story in there somewhere, and probably some father issues for Hal to overcome. I would say leave Guy and John Stewart out of the first one, maybe cameos. But then if whoever played Hal outgrew the role after a movie or two, BLAMMO! instant replacements!

Dude... thats like 6 something movies right there these days :P There is just too much to pull off properly in one movie ...

Oh yeah the GL stuff is some of the few things I bother reading these days in dc I just skip everything else its all pointless garbage that someone will come along and rewrite sooner or latter...

Only stuff I read aside from gl are

the atom

& blue beetle

firestorm was high on my list too butttt... :(

• 1 month later...

I've been pretty impressed by what is going on in with the GLs at the moment, and it seems that this series isn't being praised enough on here.

The Sinestro War is a really good read and its one book that I seem to really be looking forward to.

It seems that Johns just throws gigantic events in to the mix in a 'matter of fact way', rather than having a huge lead up to them, which I think I prefer. It means we can't be disappointed with what does happen if it doesn't abide by our definition of 'life changing moment'. Its a more satisfying way of telling a story.

Also it seems that what it means to be a GL is changing too, as with the rule changes. Also, now that Parallax is in the main 4 GL's power batterys does that mean that they will have the yellow impurity? or is it that because they are able to stand in the face of great fear they are able to resist it?

I don't believe so. Before the Sinestro Corps. War, wasn't Parallax trapped again in the Central Power Battery? If so, the Green Lanterns were still able to overcome the yellow impurity. Now, it applies to the 4 earth Lanterns, but we know they're experts and won't be affected by it.

So tell me if this is right;

If you were a new recruit, say during the time that Parallax was in the central battery, you had the impurity, but could train to overcome it? And due to the fact that Hal had been possessed by Parallax and wasn't in the central battery was the reason why Kyle's ring didn't have it?

So does that mean that now Parallax is only in the personal batterys of the 4 earth GLs that the rest of the Corps doesn't have the impurity?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this, I only started reading GL just before the war started and picked up Rebirth a little while back.

I'm pretty sure you're right. If you pick up or read the first ten issues of Green Lantern Corps, Kilowog tells the new recruits that though they may be affected by the yellow impurity now, with enough willpower they'll overcome it like all other veteran lanterns.

• 2 months later...

Johns can do no wrong. Fact. There's scientific proof about it and everything.

I think the Sinestro Corps war has been one of the best stories I ever read. Ever, and it had the right ending to it had a huge resonance to it (Owing to the fact that alot of it was down played more than other storylines) nor was there an anti climax to it, which is something that occurs really regularly in comic book stories of this magnitude.

PLUS the truth about the 'Spectrum Corps' and the black Lanterns - all the dead having rings and coming back from the dead! It's really developed the place of the Green Lanterns, not only as a 'policing' force in the universe, but gives in a context alongside the other corps; fear, hatred etc all based on colour.

Really looking forward to this new story coming up where all the corps battle, and if Johns continues to write it, then it should be good.

Brilliant.

MY god how good was ish 25......

SPOILERS AHEAD

Seriously if you havent read 25 dont scroll down.

7 different corps or 8 if you include the Black lanterns. i wonder if they 2009s blackest night will be an all in brawl? i doubt it though it seems the good lanterns will be The Green (duh) Blue and Indigo lanterns and the bad will be Yellow (again Duh) Red, Orange but what about the Zamarons (violet). Will they all, have their Own "Parallax" or "Ion" and with the Anti-moniter being the black lantern power battery, man its gonna be a great year for GL lovers

• 1 month later...