Internet exclusive BAT troop builders

Crimson Twins

I got to say I hit the jackpot today. I happened to walk into one of the stores here that is comparable to a Big Lots on the mainland. I often check the toy aisle out to see if there is anything compatible with Joes. Well, today I happened across a stockpile of these little white boxes with the Hasbro logo on it. After further review, I noticed that they were the BAT troop builder that you could get online for about $20. So, I figured great, normally $20, here in Hawaii they'll probably be about $30. Boy was I wrong. One box was only $3.99! That's right $4 a pop. I bought 12 of them. I couldn't help myself. It was the first time I had stumbled across some real 3 3/4 Joes somewhere other than TRU, and even at a discounted price! This had to be the highlight of my day.

But why stop there? There are still more left back at the store. So, if some of you out there missed out on these, or felt that $20 was a bit much for them, then now's your chance. Just PM me, and maybe we can arrange something. I'd love to share the wealth!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's interesting!

I may have to do a Thrift store run, just for sh@#s & giggles, and a little of that old time G.I.Joe hunting thrill ( thrill: ...something seriously lacking these days, with the poo poo on the shelves currently)

I saw those at the price busters too. I picked up one for a friend but told myself that I don't collect rah molds anymore so I didn't pick up none for me. Here's to hoping that they get more awesome stuff, like the mcfarlane military figs for 7 bucks!

DAM good find man! im gonna check my local big lots type stores see if i can find some...but if not i may call on ya my brother to hook me up w/ 4 or 5 of those!!

TM

I got to say I hit the jackpot today. I happened to walk into one of the stores here that is comparable to a Big Lots on the mainland. I often check the toy aisle out to see if there is anything compatible with Joes. Well, today I happened across a stockpile of these little white boxes with the Hasbro logo on it. After further review, I noticed that they were the BAT troop builder that you could get online for about $20. So, I figured great, normally $20, here in Hawaii they'll probably be about $30. Boy was I wrong. One box was only $3.99! That's right $4 a pop. I bought 12 of them. I couldn't help myself. It was the first time I had stumbled across some real 3 3/4 Joes somewhere other than TRU, and even at a discounted price! This had to be the highlight of my day.

But why stop there? There are still more left back at the store. So, if some of you out there missed out on these, or felt that $20 was a bit much for them, then now's your chance. Just PM me, and maybe we can arrange something. I'd love to share the wealth!

I'd be interested in like 3 of them. PM me!

OK. For now, I am going to have to ask for no further requests. I've alreayd received requests from 8 people. I will do my best to fill those requests in the order they were received. If I can muster up some more BATs after these have been fulfilled, I will let you all know so I can help the rest of you out.

OK, I've tallied up the requests and so far, not counting those thatsaid they want as many as possible, the requests have reached a total of 22 sets for sure, and possibly 4-5 more for TM if he can't find some at his stores. Also, the very first request I received was the one that wanted an unspecified number. So, I will do some research and see how many sets I can dig up. The people that I have down for wanting these were I to get my hands on them are (in order they were received):

Cobra Command

Emperor Serpentor

Phoenix Sword

Ronin

boff123

Ben Reilly

TM (if needed)

nevermore

Phanstar

Now I will do what I can to buy up these sets as I find them. In the event I don't find enough for everyone, I will go in the order mentioned above. If you don't think you will for sure buy these from me, then please let me know now. With money being a bit tight right now, I can not afford to end up buying over $100 worth of these and end up being stuck with them. Not that I wouldn't like to, but I do have a family to justify these purchases to. I don't mind helping people if I can. Unfortunately, I don't think I can fit anyone else on the list. If it turns out I can fill all these orders, then I certainly will let you all know that there is more left.

so are you just charging us shipping and whatever these cost you at the store?

For the most part. I'd imagine about $6 a box would suffice to cover shipping and the trips to the different stores to get these. That's still only $1 a figure and less than 1/3 of the original price. If I get some awesome deal on shipping, I'll be sure to translate that into the price for you.

Also, those that gave me a round about number (say you told me you want "2-5" of them, I need to know a more precise number. Is it 2 or 5? That's a big difference in the overall purchasing of these.

OK guys. I went back and bought 30 more sets. I will be contacting you all in the order that you contacted me. I will ask you each how many you want until all 30 sets are gone. If I do not ocntact you in the next couple of days, then that means they have all sold out before I was able to get to you.

Cobra Command and Emperor Serpentor save me at least two packs! lol

ct, i was wondering you sent out that package for me and if you were still looking for those red viper pit figure stands?i didn't want to pm you because i figured your pm box would be quite busy.

Hey CT, I`ll take about 4 packs so you can save thhe rest for the other board members. $6 is very reasonable so just shoot me a reply to my PM. Thanks bud!

Sent you a PM, but it was before I read this. I'm working on sending out PMs to everyone I can hook up right now.

Hey TM,

Let me know if you need any of these. I'm up to you on the list right now and have a few sets left available (assuming everyone wants the original number they told me). Everyone else should have gotten a PM so far. Once I get some confirmation on the actual numbers, I'll return to update everyone.

Also, if I am able to sell all of these quickly, and the payments arrive fast, then I might be able to go out to a different store and find some more for the rest of you that might get left out.

Those transparent Fire Bats look pretty sweet with a light behind them...

fba16713.jpg