Who's hardest to find in HML2?

Titan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no longer hunting because I have them all, but here's what I saw on the three trips I made.

6 Jean Greys

6 Wolverines

4 Xorns

4 Juggernauts

2 She-Hulks

2 Quicksilvers

2 Yellowjackets

1 Thor

And that time I saw the Thor (and bought it, LOL) I was the first person to see the fresh stock on the shelves in that store at store opening.

I didn't bother going out to look for them when they didn't look that great so I my order came by UPS 2 weeks ago, but I'm sending this week or next to get repainted by my main customizer.

its a whole different dynamic now. it doesn't really matter what the stores have cause hasbro has a webshop where you can get any of them at normal first run prices. they haven't started selling the series 2 yet, but anything they make you can pretty much just order straight from them. hasbrotoyshop.com

im curious to see what it does as more people realize this. i have seen such scalpism as 15 bucks for a iron spidey at local shows, but you can order him for 8 bucks still from hasbro. personally i could care less about the variant in this round so i'm just gonna order the whole set straight from them. i'm sick of wasting my time driving from walmart to TRU to target etc... and still end up missing one. the collectors market will still have the old toybiz ones to rape us on, but hasbros kinda beat them to the punch by being a big corporation and distributing constantly from every angle.

its a whole different dynamic now. it doesn't really matter what the stores have cause hasbro has a webshop where you can get any of them at normal first run prices. they haven't started selling the series 2 yet, but anything they make you can pretty much just order straight from them. hasbrotoyshop.com

True, but Hasbrotoyshop.com isn't a sure thing just yet. A lot of the hard to find Star Wars stuff sells out literally within minutes of being put in stock. They may have the same problem with some of the hotter figures in ML. I'm sure Ultimate Wolvy will be available there for the next decade or so, but figures that don't suck could go fast. And if you want the whole wave, there's not much point in ordering the easier to find figures if you're going to have to go out and hunt anyway.

I'm not really collecting ML's anymore but I have been going out often looking for the new Icons for weeks now and I've seen nothing. I saw the new ML's ONCE at one Wal-Mart a couple week ago. Nothing at any of the 3 TRU's or Targets or any other WM. And no sign of the Icons at all.

People talked about how great the distribution would be now that Hasbro was in charge and it seemed pretty decent for Series 1 but this is a joke. Nothing but Series 1 pegwarmers everywhere around here that I see...this is not better than TB by any stretch of the imagination.

Unless I'm missing something the comic shops aren't getting them this week. The Diamond shipping list shows Icons, but not HML2.

HML1 is starting to look like the next ML4/11 at retail. We're going to be seeing Emma, Banshee, Beast, and Herc until next Christmas if stores don't put them on a major clearance.

First time I saw em there was only 1 Jean and 1 She-Hulk, I snagged those.

Then a few days later went to KB and they had 1 of each except Thor and She-Hulk, snagged the ones I needed from there.

I STILL haven't seen Thor anywhere.

I guess I join the ranks of the headless Blobs...

• 2 weeks later...
I still ain't found boo!

Same here man. . . all I ever see is HML 1 I am not complaining about seeing them because I haven't been able to purchase them but I would love to see HML 2...

Yeah, Wave 1 is coming out our ears. Toys R Us in Midtown Manhattan is so overstuffed with Wave 1, as well as the silver Wolverine and variant Emma, it's just insane.

Let's get on the ball toy companies!

Hasbro - Let's get Wave 2 of the Legends out (and, not for nothing, but I have yet to see a Shiwreck in the G.I.Joe Sigma Six secton either). Do you hate NY/NJ Hasbro?

Mattel - If I see one more frickin Batman or Superman JLU figure. Did Huntress or Vigalante ever see the light of day? Of course not. But 100 Batman and 100 Superman? All set. Sheesh.

It would be interesting to know whether the glut of Wave 1 is because Hasbro produced a ton more product than ToyBiz did, raised the price 20-30% while cutting away extras, or for some other reason (economy, etc).

Funny thing...I've personally saved a lot from the price hike. $7 a pop seemed cheap enough that I'd end up buying a whole wave within a few weeks. $10 somehow makes me think more, and I end up just getting 1-2 total.

I'm sure Hasbro knows what it's doing though. At $10 each, they can afford to have many not sell and still haul in more $$ than if all sold at $7.

I'm in Jersey. Same thing here my toysrus is cluttered with diamond emma and silver wolverines with bansee and beast mixed in.

I saw some of wave 2 at Kaybee - Xorn, Ultimate Wolverine, Juggernaut, and Jean. But there was no way I was going to pay 11.99. Its bad enoungh they are 9.99 everywhere else. I'll figured if this wave is like the first wave I'll get them soon enough with out paying Kaybee an extra $2 a toy.

I just found them at a comic shop, but at $14.99 each, and no Thor to boot. Let's see...$90 PLUS tax, for 6 figures (3 of which I don't want), and an incomplete Blob.

Had no problem not buying any of them.