The New Hulk Is....EDWARD NORTON!

biglebowski9999

it really doesn't matter who plays banner as the real focus is ON THE HULK. he better not be more CGI garbage.

In all honestly, how else are they going to show the Hulk if not with CGI??? Green body paint and a shaggy green wig (a la' Lou Ferigno?).

The addition of a serious, known Norton tells me that the focus will be Banner, not the Hulk.

I must be the only person in the USA who actually liked the first Hulk movie and the CGI. Sure, I have criticisms - the story was not cannon, and the Nick Nolte/Absorbing Man was stupid - but I thought the acting was top-notch, and the action scenes were pretty darn good (although Hulkie was a TAD big for my tastes).

Add my name to the list of people who liked the first Hulk movie too. I thought it was neat and Eric Bana was convincing as Banner. I have no doubt that Edward Norton will be just as good. As for CGI, how else are they going to make the Hulk come alive...hand puppets? I think the special effects will be fine. They worked wonders for the 'King Kong' movie a few years back. Hooray Marvel!!

it really doesn't matter who plays banner as the real focus is ON THE HULK. he better not be more CGI garbage.

In all honestly, how else are they going to show the Hulk if not with CGI??? Green body paint and a shaggy green wig (a la' Lou Ferigno?).

The addition of a serious, known Norton tells me that the focus will be Banner, not the Hulk.

I must be the only person in the USA who actually liked the first Hulk movie and the CGI. Sure, I have criticisms - the story was not cannon, and the Nick Nolte/Absorbing Man was stupid - but I thought the acting was top-notch, and the action scenes were pretty darn good (although Hulkie was a TAD big for my tastes).

I liked the first Hulk movie and agree with all the comments you made about it.

Although I'll miss Bana as Banner I like Norton too. He's a good actor so I'm behind this 100%. Here's hoping they get it right the second time and start the Hulky franchise we've all been waiting for.

I have to give Marvel credit, with the casting choices of Iron Man and now Hulk I'm glad the focus has been on substance and not just flash. Hope they can keep it up.

Also add me to the list that liked the first Hulk. Not my favorite Marvel movie by any stretch but it was not nearly as bad as people like to act. It's "fashionable" to bash it and Daredevil and neither one of the was as remotely as horrible as some people would have you believe.

Bana was actually pretty good, but I think everything needed to start fresh if they feel the need to distance themselves from the first movie. And like everyone has already said, it is ridiculous to think they could do The Hulk w/o it being CGI. No human could do it properly and I don't want to see some lame over-sized body suit. 75%+ of the scenes of Spider-man in the suit are CGI and I don't see anyone complaining about that...

Also add me to the list that liked the first Hulk. Not my favorite Marvel movie by any stretch but it was not nearly as bad as people like to act. It's "fashionable" to bash it and Daredevil and neither one of the was as remotely as horrible as some people would have you believe.

Bana was actually pretty good, but I think everything needed to start fresh if they feel the need to distance themselves from the first movie. And like everyone has already said, it is ridiculous to think they could do The Hulk w/o it being CGI. No human could do it properly and I don't want to see some lame over-sized body suit. 75%+ of the scenes of Spider-man in the suit are CGI and I don't see anyone complaining about that...

Agree 100%. A body-suit would be horrible, and it woul feel too much like Michael Chiklis in Fantastic Four. IMO, the suit that Chiklis wears is simply not believable - it looks like rubber, not rocks - and kind of drags the FF franchise down a peg or two for me (including the bad acting, bad casting, and pathetic storyline in FF "The Movie"...but that's another topic for another time.

I would just prefer if they continued from the last movie maybe even using the same guys from it ... The last movie was not really that bad but it was not really that good either ... Lets face it the best part out of all was the ending with the "you won't like me when I'm mad" quote :) I feel now that they have established who the hulk is in that movie they could do more with the charecter in the next!

Lets face it all he needs is a decent bad guy or 3 to beat on :P lets get the gargoyle & leader & abomination going on here just like in the hulk TAS :D

Add me to the fan-base of the first film. I think part of what made it work for me was the comic-framing technique when doing the scene and angle cuts. I kinda hope they keep that in some respect for the next one, but who knows.

every one complains but the fact that hulk was a bit too cartoony but i have to ask how else do you represent him? he is a big friggin green monster.

personally i think the reason the last movie droped is because it was too much like 24 with it slipt screening. and don't blame ang lee he wanted to make it a monster movie but was told not to.

I agree with alot of you in regards to Eric Bana being a good actor in the first one. To me it was the story that sucked and how the Hulk was in the first one. I know both Norton and Bana can play Bruce Banner well, but if the script sucks it doesn't matter who the actor is the movie is gonna fail

To tell the truth, I could care less who plays Banner, it's the Hulk I'm going to the theatre to watch, not puny Banner!

This movie will rock if they

A) get rid of the split screen crap!

B) Keep Hulk the same size regardless of how mad he gets! That was stupid to make him gigantic as he got madder! Never happens in the comics. The angrier He gets, the stronger he gets, not bigger!

C) Keep Hulk CGI!

D) More action, less talk!

E) Make Abomination a kick butt CGI villian & keep him comic accurate in both hgt & size when it comes to his appearance!

Synch just reminded of something I forgot...they announced a while ago the villian would be Abomination. How could this movie not rock?!

Abomination was my second choice for the villain. I don't know much about him but he looks pretty tough. Someday, my boy will get some movie love. Someday...

I'm happy they got Norton as banner, he's a great actor. This means that the movie might be balanced, half bad ass action and half great acting. When I first saw the first Hulk I was in Iraq and saw it off some bootleg on a projector off the wall. Some "boot" ( new guy) that came to our platoon late hyped it up, so when I did see I was very disappointed. A lot of wordy dialog and artsy cinema. The action scenes were good though and now I think the movie was ok, I usually just fast forward to the action parts when I watch it. I don't really like Zach Penn's writing, so not to happy about that. Penn did write X3 right?, If he didn't then I do like him @loll@

Gotta love comic movies. One dud? Restart the franchise!

I'm not complaining though. I thought the first one blew. Norton should be good as Banner. You pretty much HAVE to keep Hulk CGI, but tone down the green. Seriously, did no one else think he was too cartoony that way? Otherwise he looked fine...

after that sh*tty 1st movie i'd rather have lou in green paint. hopefully they don't waste 200 million on this bomb.

still don't know why you guys think the 1st was any good:

1) he fights a bunch of mutant dogs?! wtf!

2) asorbing man gets powers from a freaking starfish?! again wtf!

3) why did banner like/accept being hulk? i thought the premise was always that he was afraid of becoming a monster and could possibly kill those that he cared about? the movie kinda went in the opposite direction (except for betty).

crossposting is fun

this is like a NIGHTMARE for me

edward norton is literally my most HATED actor. He is such a bad, overactor that I can't stand to watch ANYTHING he's in.

Not only is this just bad because of that but this is already the 2nd shot at making Hulk for the new Marvel movies... oh god oh god........

well here's hoping he falls out for some reason.

edward norton is literally my most HATED actor.

This is such an odd statement, lol. I mean, I can understand not liking they guy, even though the general consensus seems to be most people think he is good (and he was nominated for an Academy Award). But your most hated actor??? Why would anybody care THAT much about Edward Norton? And Ashton Kutcher still makes movies...now there's somebody you could really love to hate, lol.

edward norton is literally my most HATED actor.

This is such an odd statement, lol. I mean, I can understand not liking they guy, even though the general consensus seems to be most people think he is good (and he was nominated for an Academy Award). But your most hated actor??? Why would anybody care THAT much about Edward Norton? And Ashton Kutcher still makes movies...now there's somebody you could really love to hate, lol.

Well really the difference is this

Whenever I hear edward norton, ANYWHERE, on anything, I want to literally shoot my brains out.