'TF: Animated' A 2008 Series; Previously Called 'Heroes'?

Bespin refugee

Thanks to Colin Warhurst Website of Siab Studios of a cover of a UK based entertainment news magazine Broadcast April 2007 edition, featuring the new 2008 Transformers animated that will be 26 half hour episodes plus a 90 minute special.

View the full article

Would it not be great if it was more G1ish. I can still dream right...

Eh, beast wars-ish for me. :P As long as it's better than the last few toons I'll be happy.

I'm with you there Destro. If it can beat out the last few I'll be happy. I also hope it gets enough rating to keep it at a good time slot.

Absolutely. This toon is being made in north america so that gives me a bit of hope.

[Progressive Transfan] I don't want G1! G1 is over and I want something new! [/Progressive Transfan]

Now that is out of the way. I'd love this show if it took G1 Characters and Elements and used Beast Wars more serious style of story telling. That would be one awesome show.

And if the toyline was done in "Classics" style, I'd be even happier. If they did a Jazz or Ironhide that was part of this show, but I could stand it next to my Classics and you wouldn't know it wasn't part of that line I'd be even that much more happy. And if guys that would be done over like Prime, BB, Megs, and Screamer were done well in that style I might even pick those up as well.

This whole thing could be really awesome if done right.

Being done in classics style and being done with the States is finally getting what we want. I'm sick of the stupid still goofy Japanese anime plotlines that really doesn't fit the TF style. I mean just watch the animated TF movie, i want that kind of edginess, ok not that edgy but something with that feel. I know this cartoon wont do that, but at least i hope it wont be what we've seen in the past with Armada and etc. However i'm not so sure about the rumor having Prime being the youngest autobot. I think that's wierd, that role kind of belongs to Hot Rod.

Being done in classics style and being done with the States is finally getting what we want. I'm sick of the stupid still goofy Japanese anime plotlines that really doesn't fit the TF style. I mean just watch the animated TF movie, i want that kind of edginess, ok not that edgy but something with that feel. I know this cartoon wont do that, but at least i hope it wont be what we've seen in the past with Armada and etc. However i'm not so sure about the rumor having Prime being the youngest autobot. I think that's wierd, that role kind of belongs to Hot Rod.

Eh, something like the animated movie minus its goofiness and you might be on to something (and better animation of course).

And before I say anything about prime being a young autobot, I want to see some of the toon first; the same prime every time is getting old.

Have faith, everybody-- an actual, honest-to-goodness American cartoon, especially a Cartoon Network exclusive, will be awesome and lead to a whole new generation of fans. Takara and Hasbro have done a lot of great work together over the years and are truly Optimus Prime's Mommy AND Daddy. Unfortunately, the two companies market the toys vary differently (Takara seems to make them both overly juvenile and disturbingly 'adult'), and I think the American audience is best served when Hasbro takes over the animating chores. Like "Justice League", the animation might have a smaller budget, but there will be great action and character development. A young Prime will probably be more like War Within's Optromix; a very different character than Hot Rod or the Thundercat's Lion-o! And, hopefully, the Cartoon Network staff will have the freedom to give our 'bots a over-due fresh approach!

I hope its much better then the rest of the stuff we've had given to us. I'm looking for a fresh start with the cartoon, but with the toys, I hope that there are "Classics" in the line up so that we get the characters we've always wanted done. That would be awesome.