• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a. Arrow is full of hot air?

b. Hasbro is full of hot air?

c. All of the above?

@lol@

Actually, I was going for more of a AIR out of the BALLOON graphic, not even thinking about the "hot air" factor, which in that case, b would be a good answer.

We all got so excited and worked up thinking we were going to get a chance to COMMUNICATE openly and honestly with Hasbro in this Q&A deal, and WHooooosh! all the air flew out!

Unfortunetly we will not be posting our round 1 answers and have opted to drop out of the Q&A from this point on.

Seems a little big premature for such a drastic decision given this is the first round of questions handled by the Joe team. Also, in browsing the questions offered by the various sites, the majority (ie not all, but most) ask about specific product that's obviously not on the plate for this year. As much as we all want to know "what's next," Hasbro clearly isn't either in a position to discuss 2008 or doesn't want to yet. Seeing as how it is now April 07, I can't say I blame them.

I was expecting questions more relevant to now and the immediate future like:

- When will the next 10 single pack figures be revealed, and how?

- Can you give us a hint of one of the upcoming 10 single pack figures now?

- What are you planning for the single pack cardbacks, and when can we see one?

- What is the Cobra Jet Pack Trooper influenced from? Can we see a picture now? (SW q/a's have delivered pics in the past)

- Are the first single packs already on the boat from China?

- What's under the Cobra Trooper helmet?

- Would you consider a running change to the Cobra Trooper with different head sculpts/hair coloring?

- Why didn't you give Flint new arms? Was it a timing decision to get product ready in time?

- Same with Snake Eyes... why Commando boots on V2? Timing issue?

- How similar are the movements of the new crotch to the O-ring design?

I feel questions like these would have better odds for non-canned answers than 08 questions like:

- Are you making ____ figure?

- Are you making ____ vehicle?

- Are you doing mailaways?

- Are you doing comic packs?

- Are you re-issuing vehicles?

- and so on

That said, please re-consider bailing on the q/a just yet. In fact, direct the first question in round two directly at the vague answers of round one. At least give it one more chance. If not, I tried.

Maybe Hasbro can send a list of what questions they want us to ask, that they have an answer for...

and then we'll ASK it...

14611sw0.gif

They can answer it...

and it will LOOK like we're communcating with them?

@jump# Weeeeeeeeeeee...

Sorta like reality TV!

;)

I completely understand why toynewsi.com would drop out of the Q&A, but since the questions were asked and answered, can we at least see the answers in this thread? Please?

I'm sure they were just something like this:

Q: Are we going to see DTC wave 4 released somehow?

A: We are focusing on the 25th 3 3/4 scale figure line at this time, but are keeping our options open for the future.

Q: Are vehicles as possiblity for the 25th line?

A: We are focusing on the 25th 3 3/4 scale figure line at this time, but are keeping our options open for the future.

Q: Is there any chance of getting Devils Due Characters in 2008?

Q: Will we see any more reissues of ARAH style figures?

Q: Any chance of seeing small, or even larger playsets in the 25th line?

And so ends another infromative Q&A session.

*Takes the neddle off the record.*

Unfortunetly we will not be posting our round 1 answers and have opted to drop out of the Q&A from this point on.

Seems a little big premature for such a drastic decision given this is the first round of questions handled by the Joe team. Also, in browsing the questions offered by the various sites, the majority (ie not all, but most) ask about specific product that's obviously not on the plate for this year. As much as we all want to know "what's next," Hasbro clearly isn't either in a position to discuss 2008 or doesn't want to yet. Seeing as how it is now April 07, I can't say I blame them.

I was expecting questions more relevant to now and the immediate future like:

- When will the next 10 single pack figures be revealed, and how?

- Can you give us a hint of one of the upcoming 10 single pack figures now?

- What are you planning for the single pack cardbacks, and when can we see one?

- What is the Cobra Jet Pack Trooper influenced from? Can we see a picture now? (SW q/a's have delivered pics in the past)

- Are the first single packs already on the boat from China?

- What's under the Cobra Trooper helmet?

- Would you consider a running change to the Cobra Trooper with different head sculpts/hair coloring?

- Why didn't you give Flint new arms? Was it a timing decision to get product ready in time?

- Same with Snake Eyes... why Commando boots on V2? Timing issue?

- How similar are the movements of the new crotch to the O-ring design?

I feel questions like these would have better odds for non-canned answers than 08 questions like:

- Are you making ____ figure?

- Are you making ____ vehicle?

- Are you doing mailaways?

- Are you doing comic packs?

- Are you re-issuing vehicles?

- and so on

That said, please re-consider bailing on the q/a just yet. In fact, direct the first question in round two directly at the vague answers of round one. At least give it one more chance. If not, I tried.

well said. I think pulling out so quickly wasn't a great move considering how the Star Wars Q& A's started as and what they have since yielded.

EDIT: my bad i see Jedi insiders Q&A saorry

I think we should keep doing them, like someone else said the Star Wars ones took a bit to really get going. Not to mention this early in the new lines launch its not really surprising they don't have alot to offer just yet. Give it time I say.

Well, at least the Cobra Commander that was answering our questions before is still obviously employed with the company.

Really couldn't care one way or another if we continue with these questions. I could get the same generic answers, put them in a hat, and then draw them out anytime someone asked a question about the 25th line.

You get more descriptive answers from a Magic 8 ball.

Hell...we ain't got anything else to do in the meantime. Carry on, even if it's just for s#@ & giggles. ^_^

If that is as good as the answers are going to be from now on out, I don't see the point. If they are going to get better then I'd say go ahead, but there is nothing to say they won't just stay vague and uninformative.

TNI - Any plans for a new vehicle to be released now that Joe is continuing on into '08 and if so can you give us details? Will they be re-releases of old vehicles or new vehicles based on old designs?

Hasbro - We're not ready just yet to release 2008 information, but stay tuned.

They've been working on this line since last year, and any hopes for vehicles aren't until 2008? WTF?? They're running a little slow.....

I say continue.. and my round 2 Q is...

1. Are there any plans on re-releasing GI Joe:The movie DVD for the anniversary and what's the inside scoop on the 80s Cartoon, when will we see the rest of them on DVD?

2. Can we get a clean and clear picture of Cobra Commander's back and if possible with and without the gun in place?

Any you can use my name, only if you send me a free singing GI Joe stand... @hmmm@

If that is as good as the answers are going to be from now on out, I don't see the point. If they are going to get better then I'd say go ahead, but there is nothing to say they won't just stay vague and uninformative.

Well, as I see it, there is a difference between UNinformative and NONinformative.

If we don't continue, we don't get answers at ALL. But if we continue, even vague answers are beter than NO answers, are they not?

Given what we know, the best course would be to figure out how to phrase our questions to minimize the vagueness.

Also, it depends on how they decide "rounds". I mean, say we ask 12 questions for round 1 and they answer 4 of them. Do another 4 get answered in round 2? Or are we asking all NEW questions? That hardly seems likely (asking all new questions) since we already asked everything in round 1. What, really, MORE, could we even ask for round 2+?

Unless you count "new" questions as "the previous rounds questions were way to vague, can you elaborate?" (not that they would).

Basically, as I said, it can't hurt.

Thanks for the additional questions JayC, and my questions still remain the same:

Are you planning on releasing the animation figure packs that you stated you were looking into last year?

Any plans on additional comic packs to finish the "original 13 members" in soldier gear?

Is there a higher possiblity that we could see all the G.I. Joe cartoon episodes (Sunbow and DIC) on DVD with the 25th anniversary this year?

Just thought of some.

What are the chances of Non-white army builders (like the black Crimson Guard).

Or FEMALE army builders. Like female Cobras/Officers, Tele-Vipers, etc.

I was also think female Medi-Vipers, which brings up another question. What about post 2000 stuff such as the Medi-Viper? That character in particular could be classified as "RAH" appearing in the Marvel comics.

Jeez, the last few questions have been RIDICULOUS improvements over the prevailing ones from the first go around. I say continue, at this point, we've pretty much gotten Hasbro's stance on wave 4 DTC, vehicles, and plans for late 07 and 08. Now it's time to ask stuff like (and feel free to use these):

Can we see what Duke and Roadblock look like without their helmets?

Is Gung Ho's hat removable?

How are you handling backpacks? Baroness and Gung Ho have them, but none of the figures have peg holes that would accomodate classic packs?

Now is the time to get the specifics and not the grand plans.

Wow...i think that all of the boards should work together to form a master list....after all, what is the point of asking if DTC wave 4 is going to be released 5 times? The same thing with the vehicles question...almost EVERY board asked if there was going to be 25th vehicles, and they all got the same response.

The questions need to be changed around a little i think...we have to predict their answers and work around them. For instance, dont ask anything that will probably yield a "the sky's the limit" response.

We should definitely continue though, i mean, why not right?

-saboteur

Wow...i think that all of the boards should work together to form a master list....after all, what is the point of asking if DTC wave 4 is going to be released 5 times? The same thing with the vehicles question...almost EVERY board asked if there was going to be 25th vehicles, and they all got the same response.

The questions need to be changed around a little i think...we have to predict their answers and work around them. For instance, dont ask anything that will probably yield a "the sky's the limit" response.

We should definitely continue though, i mean, why not right?

-saboteur

Given the egos and "diverse viewpoints" of the various sites and site owners involved, getting a consensus on just WHAT to ask will be hard enough--never mind gathering together the questions themselves.

There's never been a better example of the expression : "too many chefs spoil the broth".

Let's face it, the collective voices in each forum will ask, more or less, the same questions--so asking 6 or 7 sites for their questions becomes kind of.........redundant. Everything gets filtered in each site, then filtered again if they are selected by all the sites as a single set of questions to ask--and Hasbro will only asnwer those questions they dain to answer in the first place!

The problem in this is that their creative processes are largely guarded, so their marketing questions and product selections are so speculative outside of their offices. Fans and collectors are forced to make a LOT of assumptions based on what and what is not told to them, now and in the past. Even if collector input is directly sought for product development, for example, there's NEVER been an occasion where immediate feedback of those solicited ideas was made public. Everything has always been, out of necessity, vague and veiled.

The right intentions were in place in all this, but the execution leaves it all wanting, imo.

Hasbro would do better just to keep the whole input/feedback thing as part of their "Ask COBRA Commander" thing on their own web-site anyway.

I should have phrased my post better..."master list" wasnt the right term... all of the boards should find out before hand what each were going to ask. If there was more communication between the administrators it would be more productive for the whole community. Who cares who asks the important questions as long as they get asked.

We should completely stop asking about the 25th line imo...they're gonna release everything "important" to MC a few hours early.

More interesting questions imo would be about preproduction stuff,(PDD?), midnight chinese figures, unreleased figures, and the production process as a whole. At least they can answer those questions.

just my two cents.

-saboteur