New Tarkara Transformers - Convoy, Megatron, More

Bespin refugee

Mike from Digitial toys lets us know: "We just received word about some new Transformers coming from Takara in August. The figures include: Convoy Renewal Packaging MSRP 5000yen,

Megatron Renewal Packaging MSRP 5000yen,

Starscream Renewal Packaging MSRP 3000yen, and

Soundwave Renewal Packaging MSRP 4500yen.

No pics are currently available and I've sent inquiries as to what these exactly are. Will post more info when available. Thanks mike @ digital toys" Check out the pre-orders and more listings at

www.digital-toys.com.

View the full article

I hope so. I wouldn't mind picking up a few extras. Someone mentioned on another board that these might be reissues with classic packaging. Neat! I figured out the prices and they will be around $42.00 for the Convoy and Megs, $38.00 for SW and $25.00 for Screamer.

Those aren't the ONLY ones. I have a source in Hong Kong who says they'll be getting the reissues of Wheeljack and Mirage for G1 reissues. Also, there is going to be a Constructicon 5 or 6 pack reissue set. He said 5 pack, don't ask.. :P

I guess Takara must've found the molds for Wheeljack and Mirage. Now all we need are reissues of Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet and Trailbreaker and we'll be good. @smilepunch@

Would it be TOO much to ask for a reissue of Artfire? lol :)

I hope so. I wouldn't mind picking up a few extras. Someone mentioned on another board that these might be reissues with classic packaging. Neat! I figured out the prices and they will be around $42.00 for the Convoy and Megs, $38.00 for SW and $25.00 for Screamer.

Your #'s are off...they're actually $55, $55, $50 and $35 or $180 if you buy all 4.

Your #'s are off...they're actually $55, $55, $50 and $35 or $180 if you buy all 4.

I used that online currency converter and thats what they rounded to. Anyways I believe those figures are for the Japanese retail prices, so over here they would be a bit more. Anyways, point is they fall right into the same price bracket as they reissues do, so heres to hoping! Hopefully that Hong Kong source is accurate and not just pulling your middle leg. LOL! I would loves me a Wheeljack. #US1#

Y'know, if they modify that Megatron's gun barrel, I'd like to see if you can still get his frigginfracken silencer on. And by the way, is there anybody left in the world-wide fandom who doesn't already have a G1 Convoy? I mean, I've already got the New Year's Special Edition with the blue eyes, diecast matrix, and Fat Riffle. What am I s'posed to do with two of them-- make 'em race??

This would be a great opportunity to me, because the most I could get at the time of the reissues was TRU Prime and the short smokestacks was a very big deal to me, in fact, I would like to see all of them being issed again to get a 1986 toy accurate Ultra Magnust and I will be hapy.

Those aren't the ONLY ones. I have a source in Hong Kong who says they'll be getting the reissues of Wheeljack and Mirage for G1 reissues. Also, there is going to be a Constructicon 5 or 6 pack reissue set. He said 5 pack, don't ask.. :P

I guess Takara must've found the molds for Wheeljack and Mirage. Now all we need are reissues of Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet and Trailbreaker and we'll be good. @smilepunch@

Those seem like logical choices to me, so I'm just going to go ahead and get my hopes up! Add Grimlock to the mix and the Seekers we haven't seen yet, and you've got a great year to look forward to...

Personally, I don't need another Convoy, Megs or Soundwave, so I'm hoping they give us a few new ones as well.

Man, my wife won't even let me HAVE a re-issue Megatron. I, mean, she's cool otherwise, and geeky enough to want a second honeymoon at San Diego Comicon, but I swear that the woman hates guns worse than Batman! I may be the only soul out there who might actually want one modified with a sissy orange cap... And, though Convoy's been done a lot already, I think there are still plenty of us out there who missed out on a Takara Soundwave the first time.

Hey, Rodimus... how MISB are you? 'Cause Ages3andup sells full-length chrome stacks for li'l G1 Primes, too. That TRU re-issue Prime was a really cool version otherwise, and I bet you could even slip him back into his neat retro box with the new stacks and he'd still fit.

Actually the prices are MORE expensive now. Originally Prime and Megs reissues were $40, SS was $35, SW I can recall.

Like everything nowadays, but if I have an oportunity to own a reissue Prime that is not Pepsi nor Sony nor anything related, I think Im in.

Actually the prices are MORE expensive now. Originally Prime and Megs reissues were $40, SS was $35, SW I can recall.

Like everything nowadays, but if I have an oportunity to own a reissue Prime that is not Pepsi nor Sony nor anything related, I think Im in.

Oh, and Im not by any mean, a MISB collector. The TRU Prime had his charm, but at the time (2002) there werent repro smokestacks available for him.

Now that they are on this, why they dont bring back Hot Rod and Magnus?