New vintage toy forum?

leonardo

Good idea?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a vintage toy forum?

• Yes, best idea ever! I'm cool!
    • Meh, decent idea, I'm pretty mediocre, but i'd visit it
    • No, I'm a ****** for voting no

I'm all for a forum like this, count me in. Not only would it allow people to talk about old toys from their childhood, but it could also be informative, especially if a poster needs help finding the name of a toyline or even the characters.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with the semantics in this, namely the word "vintage".

I wouldn't consider toys from the 1980's or 1990's to be vintage--they are just "older" or no longer produced.

Toys from the 1970's, 60's, 50's and 40's are actually considered vintage.

It'd be kind of pointless talking about them though, considering that of the thousands of members on this site, probably only about 30 people here even collect anything from before 1970, right?

Why not just call it older toys 1980-1990, and classic toys; pre-1980?

Seriously, if one starts talking about the Marx figures, Big Jim or Major Matt Mason-how many people will even know what's being talked about, or actually have any of those in hand?

lol!

One mans vintage is anothers ... :P:D

allso leo you forgot about army ants and battle beasts for shame! Personaly I don't see the point in making another form for this! What we need is more people talking about things in THIS one! Which hardly seems to get used in it self another would be totaly dead I think! I guess that makes me a " ****** " :D

naw tmnt needs to remain its own thing, motu section is dead enough though .... merging it would really kill it more than anything else

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
I have a problem with the semantics in this, namely the word "vintage".

I wouldn't consider toys from the 1980's or 1990's to be vintage--they are just "older" or no longer produced.

Toys from the 1970's, 60's, 50's and 40's are actually considered vintage.

On my site I consider the vintage years of action figures to be from around the early 1990s and anything older. The cutoff to me would be the Star Wars POTF2 line as well as Spawn and Transformers Beast Wars, when figures started to get overly articulated. This would put lines like Bucky O'Hare, Toxic Crusaders, Biker Mice from Mars all under the vintage category (even though some of the years overlap, I think it is all about the style of the figure). Of course some lines do fall between the cracks like some of the Toybiz Marvel lines. I always thought of them all as modern figures unless of course it is the Marvel Superheroes or DC Superheroes first line of figures. Just my thoughts.