Hasbro ML series 2 ARRIVES!!!!!

jjlecaros

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey team, just got back from KB Toys in upstate NY, and they had the whole set. $11.99 each...expensive I know. I picked up the bunch and will return them once I snag a set from Wal-Mart.

Where upstate?

let me know when u find something in mexico!

the series not it consegui I directly, but who a well-known search practicaly luckily, since the Set was in another area and was only one, at the moment tendras that to wait

I missed most out on all of these except xorn. I talked to a few workers at my local wal-marts and they said they have put out 1 case a night for the past 3 days........and when I show up in the morning there is nothing left. @grumpy@

I'm hearing they're hitting Minnesota now, but the part of the state I live in is cursed with shelves filled with HML1.

I hear ya. Don't know what part you live in, but there's nothing but overstocked shelves of wave 1 wherever I go. I can't imagine seeing them anytime soon. Good thing I can wait...

Hey team, just got back from KB Toys in upstate NY, and they had the whole set. $11.99 each...expensive I know. I picked up the bunch and will return them once I snag a set from Wal-Mart.

Where upstate?

Saratoga...about an hour and forty five min south of you.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

They have arrived in NY...

I will not say where, as I was only able to nab X3 Jean (Hmmm...) and Ultimate Wolverine (blech!), and revealing my location may hinder my attempt at more very soon.

Favorite thing about them is the Blob parts.

Awww pretty please.. not even a hint? I won't tell anyone, I promise. :D

LOL, sorry, not yet. But keep trying, you're close.

HasbroToyShop has them and they have that free shipping sale with purchases over $50. Enter coupon CATSPR07

Not a bad deal.

I just checked this out, but shipping isn't until mid/late May, and I'm sure I can land these figures before then.

I'm hearing they're hitting Minnesota now, but the part of the state I live in is cursed with shelves filled with HML1.

I hear ya. Don't know what part you live in, but there's nothing but overstocked shelves of wave 1 wherever I go. I can't imagine seeing them anytime soon. Good thing I can wait...

I live in the Anoka County area. And yeah, with shelves filled with HML1 right now, there's no way HML2 is going to appear on the shelves for a while. Heck, I've been looking for new G.I.Joe Sigma 6 figures around here to no avail as well, though fortunately someone hooked me up with the new figures I was looking for on that from Virginia.

Well it was a bit of a frustrating run, but I managed to get them all. Of course it was at a store I ALMOST didn't bother going to. It's funny how when I have those second thoughts of checking a store I always manage to find something there, but if I just go hoping to find something then nothing.

I gotta say, these are all pretty sweet figures! The improvement in quality to TB is definitely more noticable.

I really can't find anything to complain about with any of these figures. They are all a lot better than the pics made them look. I'm even really liking the Blob and I didn't really care much for him to start.

I'm actually more enthusiastic now about this line than I ever have been. I may be in the minority at this point, but I think more and more people will come to appreciate them over time.

C'mon guys, post some pics will ya! Can someone who has either YJ, Quicksilver & She-Hulk, post some pics of them with the other Avengers that have come out already?

I'm actually more enthusiastic now about this line than I ever have been. I may be in the minority at this point, but I think more and more people will come to appreciate them over time.

Yeah, same here, i'm finding myself wanting more MLs now then ever before(course some of that is because TFs will soon be reduced to the crappy movie designs) I've got all of HML1 besides Banshee(gonna pick him up in a couple of days maybe) and Ult Iron Man(i'll need to go the ebay/boards route for him though, still havn't seen one locally) and while Emma is to thin she's still not as bad as say Mystique or Deathstrike and could make a nice Selene, Hulk is awesome(i really do like his head sculpt) Herc is near perfect, right hand just needs to be closed a bit more so he can hold his weapon better) and X3 Beast is surprisingly good, short, but a good figure none the less(i just say he's the next mutation after Cat Beast, gets to the height/weight of some normal people and just happens to look like Fraiser :P )

I can't wait to finish Annihilus off, all his pink/purple parts that i have i've painted a nice metallic purple color and painted his eyes metallic green and the tank on his collar gold.

And i want some of the HML2 figs alot also, i want Ult Wolvy(yes his head sucks but i have one standing by and a better set of claws also ready for him) i want to use X3 Jean as a modern Jean(yes i know she's dead in the comics, uh isn't she? ) but its Jean hehehehe, Jugs i can repaint into Earth Lord, Quicksilver and Yellowjacket can go on my Avengers spot and well Thor just looks to kick ass, and Xorn will go on my modern X-Team also.

I picked up Thor tonight at Wal-Mart in Bardstown,Ky and standing next to the Wal-Mart wave Thor he is huge....One question though.What outfit is this Thor is wearing and what story arc is it from???

Thor was lord of Asgard after Ragnarok a little while ago. Check this page if you want to read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Read the section about halfway down called "The Reigning" especially.

As for the questions people have on variant, chase, running change, etc:

Variant: the latter version(s) of something created by the company who manufactures said items which are released at the same time the original items are still in production/stores. Examples of this would be McFarlanes early repaint cases, Destroyer/ML15 variants, and the Diamond Emma Frost. This also includes the green QS, variant YJ (gold?), and angry DP as far as we know.

Running Change: the latter version(s) of something that takes the place of the original in production/stores. Meaning that the company ceases production of the original version and only produces the changed version from then on. Examples would be black Apocalypse and green-armed Planet Hulk.

Chase: Anything that is intentionally released in smaller quantities to make collectors "chase" after it. A variant can be a chase but does not neccesarily have to be. Examples include ML5 Red Skull, most ML variants, and Diamond Emma Frost.

Note: Running Changes are by nature not really chases.

At my super-secret location, I found two more... Xorn and X3 Juggernaut.

What is Xorn's story? He sounds kinda poorly conceived. A being of great power (not very specific) locked in a chinese prison, joined the X-Men, manipulated to betray them and took on Magneto's likeness, killed Jean Grey and then was killed as well? Sounds like a quickly written end to a poorly conceived character.

The sculpt on Xorn is kickass. Even though I own no other "New X-Men" style figures, he will go into my X-Men display.

X3 Juggernaut is a pleasant surprise. I really like the likeness to the actor. The chest/stomach hair was my main concern, but it doesn't look THAT bad in person, I just would have gone higher with it on his stomach so that he's not bald in one spot if he bends back too far at the ab joint. Juggernaut's thighs are ridiculous. I like the hair sprayed on his head under the helmet, but because of that it looks like he's got fuzzy ears too.

All in all, nice stuff. My Blob is coming together (that sounds kinda wrong). But the ones I want most, my Avengers characters... still elude me! Perhaps tomorrow...

What is Xorn's story? He sounds kinda poorly conceived. A being of great power (not very specific) locked in a chinese prison, joined the X-Men, manipulated to betray them and took on Magneto's likeness, killed Jean Grey and then was killed as well? Sounds like a quickly written end to a poorly conceived character.

The original idea was that Xorn WAS Magneto in disguise, not a Magneto impostor. He faked being a mutant prisoner in China in order to join the X-Men, then took them down from the inside and conquered New York City. However, Magneto found out that though he was great at killing people, he was terrible at ruling them. His version of New York fell apart, the X-Men returned, and Magneto went insane. He killed Jean Grey, and Wolverine went nuts and cut his head off.

This was what author Grant Morrison originally wrote, but since Marvel didn't want to leave Magneto dead, almost immediately they came up with the " Xorn is an impostor of Magneto " garbage. Thus, Morrison's story reads pretty badly when you consider that Xorn isn't really Magneto, but just some impostor. But read it with the original idea in mind, and it's a great story.

As for the current series of Marvel Legends; Xorn is easily my favorite in the series, since the sculptors got all the details of his complex mask right, and his uniform actually has texture to it ( another good thing Morrison did, to take the X-Men out of spandex and put them in cool leather uniforms like the movies ).

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!

This morning, at my super-secret location, I nabbed the last four I needed to complete the Blob... all my Avengers.

Yellowjacket is bright and sunny, but a little underwhelming. I have always liked the costume design and he is executed well, I don't see what else they could have done with him. But eh... he's just "alright", you know?

Thor is actually really impressive, he's big and detailed in sculpt. Like others have said, his paint applications leave a bit to be desired, but I really like the figure. I just wish I liked the costume design enough to display him. I'm a sucker for the "classic" look, so the Wal-Mart Thor will stay displayed for me.

Quicksilver, I love. I've got him in a great running pose and he looks just like I remember him from when I read comics religiously. The only difference is that the blue costume I remember had a much lower neckline, almost at the shoulders, but this makes more sense and doesn't look as silly as the neckline I remember. I like the shade of blue, my lightning bolts look pretty sharp, and he's pale, but every character should have a different skin tone, IMO. I don't know if it makes sense for Quicksilver because the Magneto and Scarlet Witch figures have a darker skin tone, and I think they should have taken a page from those figures when designing this one. But I'm still very happy with Pietro.

She-Hulk is pretty impressive as well. She's tall and bulky, but still feminine and attractive. The face captures her personality very well, and my ONLY real complaints are the lack of bicep swivel, which limit arm poseability and remind me of Marvel Select figures, and that she can't make fists, because I wanted her to be able to punch the hell out of some other characters. I don't find that the elbows/wrists/ankles articulation is all that limiting on this figure and I don't miss the waist joint either. The torso/hip area is a delicate area on female figures, so I don't like them broken up with too many joints. So I give them a pass on the missing waist joint.

Blob is freaking AWESOME. REALLY tall, REALLY fat, and ugly, but not as ugly as the original paint applications made him look. I don't know what's up with the "freckles" that remind me of Scarlet Witch, but it actually doesn't look all that bad on him, and makes what could be a cartoony body have a little more texture and depth. Somehow. I love the kind of scoring they did on the shoulder and hip ball joints to look like cellulite, and the rolls in Blob's legs are grotesque. I wished he had a knee joint, but given the sculpt I really don't see how it would have helped much. Perfect costume from my memory, but it looks from the sculpt as if he should have had a painted yellow collar on it. It's nothing major, though.

Overall, I'm really happy with this wave. Much better in person than in pictures, and they blend really well with the Toy Biz offerings. Hasbro's finding its footing with this line, and I anticipate it will only get better with time.

And since I have all of the figures, I will reveal my super-secret location. Drumroll please....

KB Toys in Manhattan Mall, 33rd st.

I know PastWatch visited this store, but they did have them before the visit he posted about. I had gone there late one day because of all the reports of finding these at KB, and to my surprise they had two X3 Jeans and Ultimate Wolverines. I asked at the checkout about whether they had any more and they didn't, but they gave me a tip about shipments on Friday and the following Monday.

I went Friday morning and was waiting outside for it to open, facing off with a slimy scalper and each of us trying to inch closer to the crack in the doors so we would each be first inside. They opened, and I was first in, and about five or six people were waiting, all for Marvel Legends... we all spilled inside to find... NOTHING. All Toy Biz wave 13-15 on sale, no Hasbro waves 1 or 2. I don't know if I EVER saw Hasbro Wave 1 in a KB. I left, hoping to try back Monday morning.

Yesterday, in the pouring monsoon, I tripped over to KB on Main Street in Flushing Queens, the only other one I know how to get to, and found my Xorn and X3 Juggernaut. They said they had no more, but their shipment is Wednesday, and to try in the morning. The girl was VERY nice about it all and we chatted about retail (I manage a store as well) and how rain really kills business for street stores, etc.

Today, I don't work until 3pm, so very uncharacteristically for me on a day when I work so late, I woke up at 8am and got back to the manhattan mall by 9:30am, early for the 10am opening. Sure enough, about 9:50, the slimy scalper arrives, and looks surprised to find me there again, standing boldly in front of both doors, blocking the whole entrance. I'm GETTING these figures today, and I will NOT be denied! The scalper had been there earlier the last time I saw him, so I guess this morning's rain slowed him down. Anyway, they open and I make my beeline to find a good case or two worth of HML2! Two of each character, except Thor, of which there was only one. I nabbed both Yellowjackets, both She-Hulks, both Quicksilvers and the lone Thor, and started comparing and contrasting the paint jobs of the duplicates. Taking the best version of each Avenger, I headed happily for the register. The scalper fumbled around with some sports-related McFarlane figures and tried to peek into the Marvel Legends but couldn't really get around me. The cashier (who was the same one that tipped me off about Friday/Monday shipments on my first nab of HML2) was lovely, asked if it was worth the wait (since I guess she'd seen me waiting outside, and I beamed about how I was all caught up now, these were the last I needed. I even got an extra receipt from the register offering $3 off my next purchase if I participate in an online survey about KB Toy Stores. I will probably do it because the people in the stores were so nice in all my experiences this past week.

So check KB TOYS! Flushing gets their shipments on Wednesday mornings, Manhattan Mall at LEAST gets theirs on Friday and Monday mornings, but probably have a Wednesday shipment because I think my first success at the mall was a Thursday, and it was just those remnants left. But go at store opening, because you have to beat that scalper!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about! SD Comics pics are awesome!

YJ, Pietro, & She-Hulk look great alongside the other Avengers! Very 70's look to the group shot!

I also can't wait to get the Black knight in wave 3 as well!

Avengers assemble!

Just found the whole wave here in McAllen, TX. I was able to get She-Hulk, but minutes before I got there some guy picked up the Thor and Quicksilver. I saw him walking around with them. Needless to say I was a little peeved, but it's good as I shouldn't be spending so much on these in one week.

Just found the whole wave here in McAllen, TX. I was able to get She-Hulk, but minutes before I got there some guy picked up the Thor and Quicksilver. I saw him walking around with them. Needless to say I was a little peeved, but it's good as I shouldn't be spending so much on these in one week.

Congratulations! Sorry to ask, but which figures were shortpacked? I feel the same as you bout spending so much in one week, but then if you got them all you wouldn't have to worry about them later.