25th Ann. Stalker

nov316

With all the 25th Ann. figures coming out. I was thinking how cool would a Stalker be. Then when I logged in to TNI I saw the Green Berets John Wayne. How cool would it be to have a Stalker with the Vietnam style tiger stripes camo?

VEERY COOL!

I can't imagine Stalker NOT being part of this 25th anniversary release, but you never can be certain until ya see it. A 4th version of Storm Shadow might take priority? <_<

VEERY COOL!

I can't imagine Stalker NOT being part of this 25th anniversary release, but you never can be certain until ya see it. A 4th version of Storm Shadow might take priority? <_<

That's assuming there were only 25 figures planned for release. @smilepunch@

MOD EDIT: now that's flame bait, and was uncalled for!

-PJ

I agree that Stalker is a major enough character that it would be hard to imagine him not bing included in the series. I seriously doubt we will see more than 2 versions of any character, and even those who have gotten 2 versions so far, are important second versions.

Hooded Cobra Commander was a popular mail in figure, and I pretty much figured he would get made.

Snake-eyes v2 with Timber was also the version that most fans remember, so he too was a shoe in.

Storm Shadow v2 gives fans who prefer Stormy as a good guy the chance to have the version they prefer.

Despite the new versions of those characters, they still fall into the "1st version of..." category that has been running through the assortment so far.

Hooded Cobra Commander-1st hooded version of CC, or 1st mail in figure

Snake-eyes v2-1st "Ninja" Snake-eyes figure

Storm Shadow v2-1st figure of Storm Shadow as a Joe member

MOD EDIT

I'd love a Stalker for this set, and they should do one - if only for the politically correct reason that Roadblock wouldn't be the only African-American on the team. I wouldn't want "Vietnam-style" tiger stripe camo on him though - keep him in the original colours. That's the whole point of this line.

I'd love a Stalker for this set, and they should do one - if only for the politically correct reason that Roadblock wouldn't be the only African-American on the team. I wouldn't want "Vietnam-style" tiger stripe camo on him though - keep him in the original colours. That's the whole point of this line.

It was mentioned before, and I just happened to agree...the SE mold would work PERFECTLY for an original Stalker figure.

Add appropriate colors..

stalkerae7.png

I added that I thought it would serve equally for an original GRUNT, BREAKER, ZAP, Rock-N-Roll and others I'm sure, seeing how they ALL shared the same outfits from those earliest days of G.I.Joe ARAH. :)

If they have RB its practically assured that we'll get Stalker because overall STalker has been a more popular character

even when compared to RB's popularity

Welllll... Maybe. When you take the cartoon into consideration, he might not have been. Roadblock was much more prominent.

I added that I thought it would serve equally for an original GRUNT, BREAKER, ZAP, Rock-N-Roll and others I'm sure, seeing how they ALL shared the same outfits from those earliest days of G.I.Joe ARAH. :)

You know, you're right... I think I could live with that! They could use that mold over and over, as long as they changed appropriate parts for people like Zap and Rock and Roll. I never really thought about it, but for purely nostalgia's sake, I wouldn't mind if the re-used appropriate pieces for the original 13.

You know, you're right... I think I could live with that! They could use that mold over and over, as long as they changed appropriate parts for people like Zap and Rock and Roll. I never really thought about it, but for purely nostalgia's sake, I wouldn't mind if the re-used appropriate pieces for the original 13.

I wouldn't either. I actually wish that was how they decided to cut costs, buy giving us guys like Stalker, Rock N' Roll, Breaker, and Hawk and saved their money to do new molds for guys like Flint and SE v2. Only problem I see is that apart from SE, Stalker, and Scarlett, most of the 82 guys are unknown to casual fans of Joe. I know Breaker showed up a lot in the show, but guys like Zap and Flash were hardly ever used. Still I think that would been a much more accepted way to save money by all involed.

If they were worried they wouldn't sell they should have put Duke, Roadblock, and Gung Ho in the first wave of single cards and made the 5 pack Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Stalker, Rock N' Roll, and Breaker/Hawk.

It was mentioned before, and I just happened to agree...the SE mold would work PERFECTLY for an original Stalker figure.

Add appropriate colors..

stalkerae7.png

MOD EDIT: You need to learn your place. Appeasing VH isn't necessarily a bad thing here.

-PJ

I wouldn't either. I actually wish that was how they decided to cut costs, buy giving us guys like Stalker, Rock N' Roll, Breaker, and Hawk and saved their money to do new molds for guys like Flint and SE v2. Only problem I see is that apart from SE, Stalker, and Scarlett, most of the 82 guys are unknown to casual fans of Joe. I know Breaker showed up a lot in the show, but guys like Zap and Flash were hardly ever used. Still I think that would been a much more accepted way to save money by all involed.

You guys are right on the money, and I'm glad you're following what I'm saying about this.

The original lineup had all these characters in a standard type of Green military outfit, and definitely utilized the SAME molds. Although I gotta admit, I REALLY enjoyed the line moreso when they moved away from that practice, and started introducing more personalized and individual outfits, to make the more eccentric characters on the team standout, and even going back and making 2nd versions of the popular characters in new duds, I still thought those early UNIFORMED Joes were damn cool, and if they repeated that practice for this 25th anniversary set, I'd be all for it, for those characters we've mentioned already.

To me...Duke and Flint were part of the move AWAY from it (standard unifroms that is) and I viewed their appearances as stand out figures. That's why I'd complain about Flint getting a repainted Duke mold, but yet, I'd support Stalker, or Breaker, or Grunt, or Hawk even (1st version) getting Snake Eyes mold reused for them.

It'd reflect their first versions perfectly.

i just have to comment that it seems like every single one of obiwanjacoby's posts lately have a mod edit and something about egging on vh. . . lol

anyway. . . i would not mind figures witha more standard type of outift like the se mold with diffrent web gear and color schemes. because, like its been said, thats how it used to be. i for one didn't care for the original figures for that reason but thats just me! then again i really only like a handful of the hasbro sculpts used for gi joes. . . i'm more of a cobra man i guess ;)

Stalker is one of my all time favorite figures, especially of the original thirteen, and I really can't see Hasbro not making a figure of him. However, if not, I have a feeling that I'll be buying about eight extra single pack 25th Anniversary SE's in order to make the original 13. If nothing else, they'll all be my Joe elite crew and I'll just do a bunch of head swaps on that body, along with a lot of webgear I have on hand, and keep them in the black uniforms.

Carver

yeah, one way or another I'll have a complete set of the "original" joes in the 25th anniversary style. If that means I have to buy a bunch of extra figures and do some kit-bashing, then so be it. That's essentially what was done by hasbro with the first wave of figures anyway.