Scottie, what the hell?

ScottieEvil

A few people have seen some of my eBay auctions and have asked, so yes I am getting rid of my stuff. I didn't really start out to do it, but as I mentioned (in a thread that got moved) that I was getting rid of a few things. Well, as it turns out, I'm now getting rid of nearly everything. My first batch of auctions went way higher than I imagined (nearly $900 for Guard City?!?) so I'm going to ride this wave out and see where I end up. Everyone's always tried to guess the value of a collection, I'm gonna find out. I'm selling virtually everything, starting with the rarest stuff first, then working my way through from their. I'm closing in on 5k so far and I've sold less than 30 pieces. I always thought it be harder to do, but so far the compensation has more than made up for it. I won't directly solicit people to buy my stuff, but I will say that scottieevil is my eBay name as well, so if you're curious, you can look it up.

It is sad. I hope you dont regret it later. I really enjoyed hanging out with you here. I hope youll still pop back in.

Joe, I know what you mean. Ive noticed people getting out too but thats the nature when your our age. We outgrow it and then have a giant room with stuff in it. However, for every person selling theres a new one buying.

gojira77, Soundwave doesnt love scottie. Predaking loves scottie.

My first batch of auctions went way higher than I imagined (nearly $900 for Guard City?!?)

You had more than 1 of these?! I saw one in your completed auctions but it only went for $560....

You're right, Guard City went for $560. Battle Gaia went for $830. I mixed them up.

I am keeping a few favorites. Predaking, Trypticon, Grimlock and probably the Masterpieces. I have 6-7 Soundwave/Soundblasters so I will probably keep one. My collection just got so big that it wasn't fun, it was a chore.

Yeah its gonna suck like your wife. Which in turn means its gonna be great @smilepunch@

You gonna let us know how much you get for the whole shebang? What are you gonna buy with the loot?

She's got that overbite, so it's still bad.

As for the loot...

I'm at $4875 now.

THe current batch of auctions should put me close to $6k.

I promised to take my family to Quebec & Ontario for 2 weeks if I broke $5k, so I've already booked that trip.

If I break 10k, I'm buying a pool table.

If I break $15k, I'm taking the wife to NY for long weekend at the Plaza

If I break $20k, I'm getting drunk

If I break $25k, I'm paying for Grad School

If, by some chance, I break $30k, I'm paying for 1 night with tfhottie. Better start stretchin and oilin' up Patsy...

She's got that overbite, so it's still bad.

As for the loot...

I'm at $4875 now.

THe current batch of auctions should put me close to $6k.

I promised to take my family to Quebec & Ontario for 2 weeks if I broke $5k, so I've already booked that trip.

If I break 10k, I'm buying a pool table.

If I break $15k, I'm taking the wife to NY for long weekend at the Plaza

If I break $20k, I'm getting drunk

If I break $25k, I'm paying for Grad School

If, by some chance, I break $30k, I'm paying for 1 night with tfhottie. Better start stretchin and oilin' up Patsy...

Best of luck on your eBay sales... hope you break 30 K you man tramp! hehe

As for myself I am going the other way..spending too much money on my collection forcing myself to live outside.. damn new residents taking up too much room!

Although the reason I don't post on here is because I found a new home at SideShowFreaks. I am moving on up! I decided to only collect high end pieces. No more craptastic cheap plastic figures for me.

Although I am still collecting the odd G1 MIB to MISB pieces, and a few higher end 12 inch figures from companies like Medicom and DiD. Just done with the mainstream stuff. Takes up too much room and doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Question for you... dont you have to report what you make from selling your TFormers to the IRS as extra income? Or do you need to make a certain amount before you report? hmmm...

Synch.. im actually still collecting.. but very few pieces.. I havent sold everything entirely, maybe about 1/4.. its actually quite fun.

I can see that, but the only thing I ever want $$$ for is for new figures ... :P I'd just buy buy buy all over again :D

If I ever did sell it would be to buy a new biger/house but I"m just saving up for that slowly

If selling off your collection wasn't something that needed to be done to get you out of a financial jam, why didn't you just wait until the movie hit and everyone and their mom was on eBay trying to get an Optimus? You might have done quite a bit better then with your stuff. Just my opinion.

-Sam

Scottie, we definately wouldn't shun you away. There are collectors here with collections of all shapes and sizes. Besides, we've been here for so long that it would be foolish to just walk away.

Pat I know what you mean. My collection has almost reached a point in which I might just have to box it all to save space.

If selling off your collection wasn't something that needed to be done to get you out of a financial jam, why didn't you just wait until the movie hit and everyone and their mom was on eBay trying to get an Optimus? You might have done quite a bit better then with your stuff. Just my opinion.

-Sam

I'm only selling 6-9 figures a week. And while I do have a lot of Optipi, I'm not sure how much affect the movie will have on Artfire, Black Zarak, Raiden, Japanese Fort Max, Road Caesar, Dinoking or Sonic Bomber prices. I'm mostly getting rid of my high dollar stuff first, then I'll blow out the Pretenders, Actionmaster and Micromasters.. By movie time I'll be down to the G1 cars, Jets and Trucks.

Weird side note, the bulk of my collection so far has either gone to Canada or the Netherlands. So America is losing it's link to Japanese pop-culture @loll@

-Sam

the bulk of my collection so far has either gone to Canada or the Netherlands. So America is losing it's link to Japanese pop-culture @loll@

You read my mind about the items being sold outside the U.S.A.

I am selling my alternators & RID collection & most bidders asking me questions are outsiders...hard to believe..... :(

Question for you... dont you have to report what you make from selling your TFormers to the IRS as extra income? Or do you need to make a certain amount before you report? hmmm...

Synch.. im actually still collecting.. but very few pieces.. I havent sold everything entirely, maybe about 1/4.. its actually quite fun.

ANY thing you sell on ebay (especially that much) is suppose to be reported as additional income....like tips and such. i was just told that by the tax guy. although i would imagine that if after including those $ your total income still didnt go over the minimum (which i THINK is 5G) than you should be ok.

-Sam

the bulk of my collection so far has either gone to Canada or the Netherlands. So America is losing it's link to Japanese pop-culture @loll@

You read my mind about the items being sold outside the U.S.A.

I am selling my alternators & RID collection & most bidders asking me questions are outsiders...hard to believe..... :(

same here. the majority of tf's i sold have gone overseas