New 5 Pack Announced - Cobra Battle Pack #2

ARBCO

i really think these will ALL be in the 25th anniversary style. when they say the dates I think they either mean the figure will be painted to resemble that figure or it will be painted and molded to resemble it. I mean, no one is thinking we will get a RAH stinger driver in this set.

I will be cool with this set if the cobra commander is a new mold resembling the design of the 04 one, and stormy can be the new sculpt we've seen with a skirt and new head added.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this a bonus more than anything else (as in, not really part of the main line), and if that's the case I can't say that I mind. I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell didn't think we'd be getting a Stinger Driver or Viper Pilot (which I assume the jet pack guy is) in this line, and I'm glad to get 'em.

hmm. . .

stinger driver =

new stinger??

i also fail to see the connection between the figures in these five packs. you'd think want to do some kind of theme. like all different cobra troopers or something. you know what i mean? likea cobra heirarchy pack and then a trooper pack.

and yet another announcement of a new cc and ss!!

yeah, it doesn't make much sense at all. this would be a cool set if it just included 5 repaints of the Cobra Officer and Trooper, say comic colored Officer and Trooper, Stinger Driver, Jet Pack soldier (Viper Pilot perhaps?), and a Night Watch Trooper. I'm not against more repaints of CC and SS, just that their inclusion in this set is f'ing lame.

as far as a new Stinger. pehaps, but wouldn't it make more sense if there was a new Stinger for the Stinger Driver to actually come with it, not in this set. what, are we supposed to buy the Stinger seperately and then buy a 5 pack of figures for the driver? if so, F you, Hasbro. though I have a hard tmie believing even Hasbro is that stupid, which leads me to believe that there is no new Stinger, at the moment at least.

maybe we will have to buy the stinger and the jet pack in a special 25th aniversary 2 pack!! @smilepunch@

i honestly think the packageing of these figures in groups of 5 is stupid. they should all just be single carded or at least have a theme set. hasbro should just a make a pack called storm shadow and release all 5 repaints at one time so we don't have to wait for them :)

another thing is that its $33 on ee!!! holy crap! i know their stuff is usually overpriced but really $33? not necessary. there are too many different cobra troopers in this pack!! its gonna make it hard to army build the one or two in the pack that will probably look good.

I think this a bonus more than anything else (as in, not really part of the main line), and if that's the case I can't say that I mind. I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell didn't think we'd be getting a Stinger Driver or Viper Pilot (which I assume the jet pack guy is) in this line, and I'm glad to get 'em.

i think this is the best way to think about it.

still if these are repainted figures couldn't it mean we could get DTC wave 4 as a battle pack?

Personally, I'm not a new-sculpt fan, so I couldn't care less if wave 4 was released. If it was, I hope they wouldn't do it under the 25th Anniversary banner - it would cheapen the line a bit, I think.

Think I'll wait till some pics show up.

The only thing that I can even groan about now, is the CC, SS figures, getting a 3rd version already.

:rolleyes: good grief Charlie Brown.

Since I can't seem to get a word in edgewise around here, MOD EDIT: Just lie back and enjoy it.

-PJ

Alright, take a deep breath and relax...Don't freak out. I take these repaints as a sign that the line will definitely be extended beyond the original 25 figures. I am personally excited about them...We just better see some new sculpts as well...

This new 5-Pack contains: Cobra Commander (Battle Dress), Storm Shadow (Dragon), Cobra Stinger Driver, Cobra Air Trooper, Cobra (the Enemy)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I'm VERY EXTREMELY excited that we're getting a Stinger Driver figure. As for the Air Trooper and the generic Cobra, I could ALWAYS use more blue guys. I am curious as to what the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow figures could be, and have a feeling I will be ebaying those. I am hoping we get some new molds too. I am demanding them in fact. Color changing Zartan where are you?

Well...

1. Stinger Driver= AWESOME!

2. Cobra (The Enemy)= Can't have enough of these guys.

3. Air Trooper: Saves me the trouble of repainting an officer later

4. Storm Shadow: Please make him all red like Satan. Otherwise this is going to be too many Storm Shadows for even this ninja enthusiast.

5. Cobra Commander: My favorite character in the lore. But even I don't need 3 at a time. Make him amazing or off to ebay he goes.

As for the likelihood of this set, I think it's very preliminary information. Even Hasbro can't be stupid enough to release this many Cobra COmmanders and Storm Shadows this early in the line.

It would be cool if the Air Trooper was the cobra Air Viper from the comics. They were the one who piloted the big cobra helicopters with the fangs painted on the side. The ones they used to transport all the people away from Springfield.

now that it looks more definate that these will be new sculpts and not JUST repaints (i mean, how can they do cc battle dress from the existing 25th anniversary molds?) then I am pretty stoked. I really loved the designs for CC and SS with these 04 figures and thought they did a great job capturing the characters. I will get this set as long as it isn't strictly repaints of the figures we have seen.

please hasbro, don't drop the ball!!!

It would be cool if the Air Trooper was the cobra Air Viper from the comics. They were the one who piloted the big cobra helicopters with the fangs painted on the side. The ones they used to transport all the people away from Springfield.

I think it's more likely that it'll just be a Viper Pilot repaint.

I'm pretty sure these will be repaints - and as I stated in the other thread, I think it's better if we look at this set as more of a "bonus" than part of the actual line, because I doubt we would have gotten a Stinger Driver otherwise!

Alright, take a deep breath and relax...Don't freak out. I take these repaints as a sign that the line will definitely be extended beyond the original 25 figures. I am personally excited about them...We just better see some new sculpts as well...

This new 5-Pack contains: Cobra Commander (Battle Dress), Storm Shadow (Dragon), Cobra Stinger Driver, Cobra Air Trooper, Cobra (the Enemy)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I'm VERY EXTREMELY excited that we're getting a Stinger Driver figure. As for the Air Trooper and the generic Cobra, I could ALWAYS use more blue guys. I am curious as to what the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow figures could be, and have a feeling I will be ebaying those. I am hoping we get some new molds too. I am demanding them in fact. Color changing Zartan where are you?

Well, as I said with the other link posted, it doesn't really mean a whole lot. Just that there is the POSSIBILITY of a 5 pack. Not even that these figures will be in it. I sure hope not. We do not need another Storm Shadow or Cobra Commander. I mean do those guys have to come out in EVERY wave?

When Joe 5 pack appears, I'm sure it will have Snake Eyes and Duke.

Heaven forbid they include...other guys.

My gripe about this pack is (besides the SS and CC V3's already):

What good is a Stinger Driver w/o the Stinger? If you thought it was hard getting the new sculpts to fit in the RAH vehicles (some, not all), then imagine trying to fit these in when they have been rumored to be slightly taller than 3 3/4. And the wierd leg articulation might make it harder for them to sit right in the current vehicles. Of course, Hasbro could totally prove me wrong, and these guys will be perfectly in scale with the RAH guys and fit right in there. I hope I'm wrong because I still can't get my hands on a Stinger Driver.

My gripe about this pack is (besides the SS and CC V3's already):

What good is a Stinger Driver w/o the Stinger? If you thought it was hard getting the new sculpts to fit in the RAH vehicles (some, not all), then imagine trying to fit these in when they have been rumored to be slightly taller than 3 3/4. And the wierd leg articulation might make it harder for them to sit right in the current vehicles. Of course, Hasbro could totally prove me wrong, and these guys will be perfectly in scale with the RAH guys and fit right in there. I hope I'm wrong because I still can't get my hands on a Stinger Driver.

I was thinking the same thing. The ONLY view we have of these figures ability to sit "normally" is one pic of Snake Eyes...and he wasn't exactly sitting "normally". Doesn't say much for the figures, but it could just be a crappy positioning, given where the figue was located in the picture.

I just don't like the idea of two guys we already have two of in this set. It seems like overkill. If it had been made a Major Bludd by taking parts from some of the other figures (Like Cobra Trooper, and Duke) and added a few new parts to him. And then put him in a pack with a Stinger Driver, Cobra Officer, and 2 Troopers and you'd have a winner of a pack.

As it is.....eh I just don't know. Having to get yet another CC and SS in this set makes it unlikely I'll armybuild. Maybe if it were one or other other. Either CC and 4 troops, or SS and 4 troops. But there are only 3 troops in a 25 dollar pack and that just isn't worth it.

Re: What good is a Stinger Driver without a Stinger? For me, the Stinger Driver is my Cobra Officer. I like the idea of the Cobra Officers having a different colored uniform so they can be easily identified by their subordinates on the battlefield. That's why I want him so bad. I will probably also try dying a set of these guys black. I love ninjas, and Cobra Commander is my favorite character in the lore, but even I wish that those two hadn't been included in this set.

I just don't like the idea of two guys we already have two of in this set. It seems like overkill. If it had been made a Major Bludd by taking parts from some of the other figures (Like Cobra Trooper, and Duke) and added a few new parts to him. And then put him in a pack with a Stinger Driver, Cobra Officer, and 2 Troopers and you'd have a winner of a pack.

Let's not give them any ideas... If Major Bludd gets made he should be his own figure. Only figures who shared parts in the original line (ie: original thirteen, for example) should share 'em in this one.

When Joe 5 pack appears, I'm sure it will have Snake Eyes and Duke.

Heaven forbid they include...other guys.

It's been suggested that Hasbro seems to think that these sets won't sell as well, unless these same top 5 core characters are included, and that's the ONLY way we can get another one or two "obscure" characters (the ones they think WON'T sell) included at all.....to be profitable?

I'd think the hardcore fans are actually LOOKING for some more of these "other" figures. The young kids, they're trying to attract to the line, don't know anything about the characters YET, to have developed that much of an exclusive interest in them, it's like a whole NEW ballgame to them.

So is it just the collectors that they think won't buy a 5-pack of characters, that DOESN'T include some ratio of a SE, SS,CC or Duke?

Hell, one of my BIGGEST figure obsessions, in collecting as many as I could (and could afford) off eBay, was the Headhunter Stormtroopers, and even though he's an individual character, I did the same for Interrogator figures. Just because of the way they LOOKED, with nothing else to go by, as far as characterizations of them in a comic book or cartoon....they're just badass lookin' figures! ^_^

Isn't anybody else kinda the same in that aspect....just a LITTLE? ;)

maybe JUST MAYBE some of the original 13 using Snake Eyes' body and new heads.

That'd work for me. ^_^

From what I know the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow figures will not be new molds...just simple repaints. CC in Black and Red and SS in White and Red with some grey.

This pack is more of a bonus and just Hasbro's way of getting out more product. I don't think Hasbro was quite expecting the demand and interest for these figured to be as high as it has been (both from Collectors and Retailers). They are now scrambling a bit to get some extra product out fast...and that means repaints. Though there will be more all-new product squeezed out before the holidays to carry into next year.

My only complaint for the line is the 5 Packs themselves. I have always disliked multi-packs and would have preferred Hasbro to just release every figure seperately. Especially since they are coming on vintage styled packaging, I am going to want all of the 5-pack figures (atleast the initial ones) re-released on single cards to go with the set, and I won't be happy until they do so. 5-Packs should be reserved for Themed Sets (Python Patrol...etc.) and Store Exclusives. But that is getting off topic.

Also, just because the Stinger Driver is coming in this pack does NOT mean that a Stinger Jeep is out of the question...for next year. Due to the high demand/interest this line will without question continue into '08 and vehicles are very likely.

From what I am told vehicles will start in the $10-20 range and if they do well go from there. Again, I wouldn't expect much initially. Expect to see things like the Night Ops Humvee and HISS IV slightly retooled & re-released and a few small things. There are plans for bigger and better things IF and Only if the sales are there.

ARBCO

Let's not give them any ideas... If Major Bludd gets made he should be his own figure. Only figures who shared parts in the original line (ie: original thirteen, for example) should share 'em in this one.

But Major Bludd did share parts in the orginal line, or rather Major Bludd gave up parts to another figure. Duke. He and Bludd share upper legs. And once you get the chest armor on over the trooper chest you wouldn't even note the difference. The collar and sleeve are almost indentical. The non-isgnia helmet is also almost exactly the same.

He would need a new right arm, and new lower legs,a new head, and new weapon and backpack, but he could be made from a few available parts to save money. Course since Hasbro couldn't be bother to make new upper arms and chest for Flint...I doubt they'd put that kinda money into it. But it could still work without making the figure suffer.

Expect to see things like the Night Ops Humvee and HISS IV slightly retooled & re-released and a few small things. There are plans for bigger and better things IF and Only if the sales are there.

Oh man I would love to see a HISS IV without the puke green and with cannon instead of missle launchers all over it.(Those tread launcher were the ARGHHHHH!) And I hope we get a new HISS driver with it.

The Joe pack number 2 will most likely be Tiger Force Flint, Duke and Roadblock, and maybe JUST MAYBE some of the original 13 using Snake Eyes' body and new heads.

That'd be fine. Although I'm not a Tiger Force fan, these would be entirely appropriate and I'd probably buy them. I'd probably make more sense if it was a "Tiger Force vs. Python Patrol" set, though.

But Major Bludd did share parts in the orginal line, or rather Major Bludd gave up parts to another figure. Duke. He and Bludd share upper legs. And once you get the chest armor on over the trooper chest you wouldn't even note the difference. The collar and sleeve are almost indentical. The non-isgnia helmet is also almost exactly the same.

Well I didn't know about the upper legs, but otherwise I still think he should be entirely new. I don't want them to pull a DTC-like approach to this line unless it corresponds to the original line, which is the case for Tiger Force, etc... One of the big reasons I'm impressed with it is that Hasbro isn't cheaping out on us, except for a few accessories here and there (but at least they're decent ones, and appropriate).

a set of repainted army builders is the worst avenue to make a new character available. it makes more sense to have repainted characters involved, so those who don't want repainted figures don't have to get them to get new characters. this is a repainted set, thus anyone buying it is okay on some level with repainted figures.

He would need a new right arm, and new lower legs,a new head, and new weapon and backpack, but he could be made from a few available parts to save money. Course since Hasbro couldn't be bother to make new upper arms and chest for Flint...I doubt they'd put that kinda money into it. But it could still work without making the figure suffer.

that is an outstanding recipe for Bludd. I know the purists hate the concept, but if that is how Bludd gets constructed for this line I would be A Okay.

Only figures who shared parts in the original line (ie: original thirteen, for example) should share 'em in this one.

that's a terrible criteria to use. plenty of figures can share new parts and still remain faithful to their original RAH counterparts despite not sharing parts in the original line. personally, I think replicating the exact figure mold and body part practices of 25 years ago is obsessive, irrelevent to new figure quality, and even more ridiculous than figures sharing parts in this line that did not do so 25 years ago.