New 5 Pack Announced - Cobra Battle Pack #2

ARBCO

Just found a new listing for another upcoming 5 Pack....told you Hasbro had further plans beyond the initial 25

Cobra Battle Pack 2 includes 5 action figures: Cobra Commander 2004, Storm Shadow 2004, Cobra Trooper Comic Book deco, Cobra Jet Pack Trooper, Cobra Stinger Driver.

Apparently this is due out in July but I think it will be a little later than that.

ARBCO

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on what the 2004 Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow versions will be??

Stinger Driver is a natural (and welcome) repaint, the Comic Book Deco'ed Cobra Trooper is cool (though I feel this one is un-necessary right now)...I am curious about the Cobra Jet Pack Trooper.

hmm. . .

stinger driver =

new stinger??

i also fail to see the connection between the figures in these five packs. you'd think want to do some kind of theme. like all different cobra troopers or something. you know what i mean? likea cobra heirarchy pack and then a trooper pack.

and yet another announcement of a new cc and ss!!

hmm. . .

stinger driver =

new stinger??

i also fail to see the connection between the figures in these five packs. you'd think want to do some kind of theme. like all different cobra troopers or something. you know what i mean? likea cobra heirarchy pack and then a trooper pack.

and yet another announcement of a new cc and ss!!

yeah, it doesn't make much sense at all. this would be a cool set if it just included 5 repaints of the Cobra Officer and Trooper, say comic colored Officer and Trooper, Stinger Driver, Jet Pack soldier (Viper Pilot perhaps?), and a Night Watch Trooper. I'm not against more repaints of CC and SS, just that their inclusion in this set is f'ing lame.

as far as a new Stinger. pehaps, but wouldn't it make more sense if there was a new Stinger for the Stinger Driver to actually come with it, not in this set. what, are we supposed to buy the Stinger seperately and then buy a 5 pack of figures for the driver? if so, F you, Hasbro. though I have a hard tmie believing even Hasbro is that stupid, which leads me to believe that there is no new Stinger, at the moment at least.

Weird thing would be if the Stinger Driver is an all-new sculpt...

I don't think you have anything to worry about there. that would make less sense than including CC and SS in this set.

Wow this must be true, since the guy quoted his source for this great info, and it's such a reliable source @liar@

UUHHH yeah...it's comments like these that cause problems and get half the threads on this board locked.

You can PRE-ORDER these sets from either Entertainment Earth or BBTS.

ARBCO

Wow this must be true, since the guy quoted his source for this great info, and it's such a reliable source @liar@

UUHHH yeah...it's comments like these that cause problems and get half the threads on this board locked.

You can PRE-ORDER these sets from either Entertainment Earth or BBTS.

ARBCO

Sorry, but if in the future you want to avoid comments like that, you should state your source in the initial post.

Also keep in mind that the 'Subject to change' tag is at the end of the listing and no picture available at this time. There are always instances of websites such as EE, BBTS, etc to get newer wave rosters early and have them wrong partially or entirely. So, don't get your hopes up.. or too upset yet.

Well this set sounds lame... it also sounds like BS but what do I know...

but how many people were clamoring for a Stinger Driver repaint, or a Viper Glider repaint (which the jet back trooper may be). the cobra comic troop is cool, it gives us another army builder in a retro scheme that is a pretty significant part of Joe lore, and who doesn't want any army builder set of new sculpt Cobra Troopers, which this set obviously is. sure, CC and SS's inclusion is unimaginitive, but that just makes the set 2/5th lame.

at least we are getting a couple of cobra repaints the fandom has seemed to want for a long time.

If this set was just troopers, maybe I'd get behind it, but adding in another SS and CC repaint?! It's just another one of Hasbro's lame ideas.

The only way I'd be tempted to get this set would be if the Storm Shadow packaged was going to be the new '88 version but with COBRA white and red colors.

If this set was just troopers, maybe I'd get behind it, but adding in another SS and CC repaint?! It's just another one of Hasbro's lame ideas.

The only way I'd be tempted to get this set would be if the Storm Shadow packaged was going to be the new '88 version but with COBRA white and red colors.

yeah, it is going to be intersting to see what the CC and SS look like. but regardless, their inclusion is just lame and doesn't make sense in a set of Cobra Troopers.

i'm pretty confused by this... none of these figure choices make much sense in this set.... i'm not gonna bash hasbro (until i see pics!) but it just doesn't make much sense.... this would have been a good 5 pack to include characters like Scrap Iron and even Firefly.... If this IS real, then it means we will almost definately get another joe 5 pack... who will that include?

if O4 means the orignal year they were made they could repaint and give new gear to easily make the ninja cobra strike team camo stormy or that was the year of the dragon vvv stormy or the dark grey/purple arah ninja force mold repaint and also the k-mart battle pack black and red repaint of the jvc wave 1 stormy.

Jvc wave 1 and ninja force are the other designs i really want and i don't see either hinted if o4 refers to the year.

As for cc a black version was released that year, with faceplate, i'd say black version would be next anyways. But there was also an arah comic pack that would be very simliar to v1.

i'm pretty confused by this... none of these figure choices make much sense in this set.... i'm not gonna bash hasbro (until i see pics!) but it just doesn't make much sense.... this would have been a good 5 pack to include characters like Scrap Iron and even Firefly.... If this IS real, then it means we will almost definately get another joe 5 pack... who will that include?

I'm not sure how much better Firefly or Scrap Iron fit in a pack that is probably only about repainting Cobra Troopers either. besides, I think it is obvious the only reason this set exists is to simply repaint existing molds to merely create a new set, not release new characters. Firefly and Scarp Iron are better suited to see individual release.

I'm thinking the CC will be the comic pack one to match the Cobra trooper. Mainly because the other two from '04 look pretty lame.

good call. if that's the case, I am not that disappointed in his inclusion, I like the comic figures and color schemes.

SS on the other hand, who knows, but I like this idea:

if O4 means the orignal year they were made they could repaint and give new gear to easily make the ninja cobra strike team camo stormy

Think I'll wait till some pics show up.

The only thing that I can even groan about now, is the CC, SS figures, getting a 3rd version already.

:rolleyes: good grief Charlie Brown.

I wouldn't call that much of a troop builder pack. If there was only one title character in the set with the rest as armybuilders, then I could get behind it. But right now, I'm hoping for some serious changes on this.

- Curious about the jet pack trooper (does this mean a Grand Slam or Starduster is on the list?).

- Everyone (including myself) who wanted a Stinger Driver repaint so bad are prolly feeling a bit upset right now. A vehicle pack-in or single carded figure, I could understand. . .but gah.

-PJ

This set is confusing. Are they 25th figures? What's with the "2004" addition mean? That the 25th Storm Shadow, for example, will have the paint aps of one of the 2004 Storm Shadows?

I really don't think this is real. If this was a COMIC pack, maybe, but there is not indication that is the case. And if it isn't why would they need to include Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow yet AGAIN?

Well this set sounds lame... it also sounds like BS but what do I know...

but how many people were clamoring for a Stinger Driver repaint, or a Viper Glider repaint (which the jet back trooper may be). the cobra comic troop is cool, it gives us another army builder in a retro scheme that is a pretty significant part of Joe lore, and who doesn't want any army builder set of new sculpt Cobra Troopers, which this set obviously is. sure, CC and SS's inclusion is unimaginitive, but that just makes the set 2/5th lame.

at least we are getting a couple of cobra repaints the fandom has seemed to want for a long time.

Partly true. I was thinking, if they wanted to do repaints I'd rather see a Stinger Driver than a second Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow.