Sign in to follow this  
Bespin refugee

Act 429: Movie Voyager Starscream

Our dear friend Remy has posted a new gallery for Transformers Movie Voyager Starscream. See the latest incarnation of Starscream through Remy's eyes at TFKenKon.com.

View the full article

OKAY, what's with most of the movie Tfs looking like they got the face of Predator?? I like the plane mode, but the robot is GAHBAGE.. does he come with a lil Arnold Schwarzeneggar figure to put into the jet mode's cockpit? lol @hmmm@

This guy works for me on some levels but not as Starscream. The other thing I dislike is that he looks like he's unpainted, when I'm pretty sure that is the final product.

Well, as usual, he's a horrid Starscream but a cool toy. He looks like a great futuristic guard robot for the "hero" to take on. You know, a person might go up to...say...about it's chest area to make it all imposing. Then it lets those auto-cannons rip up the place as the "hero" does all kinds of actiony stuff to get outa the way and toss a magnetic bomb on it's forehead. However, the thing won't go down with it's head blown off (as you see it get back up in the background) and there's still more to do!

Anyway, I dunno if he looks good enough to buy like Megatron. At the very least, I can still hear Chris Latta's voice when I look at that picture of 'scream's face on the box; except it's Cobra Commander's voice at the end of the joe movie saying "I wassss onccce a maaaaannnn....."

I could handle it as a different Starscream if it was executed better. Giant gun hands, bad proportions, bad colors and tiny feet aren't helping. The jet mode is crap with all that underjunk. Plus you can see his head in the back. There is just no saving this poor design. Energon Screamer pulled off what a proper update should look like.

You know, for giant alien robots, TF's have tended to look too much like people ever since the kid-friendly designs of the old G1 cartoon. I always thought the face of the Bumblebee toy was cooler than his anime counterpart. On the other hand, why are the movie Decepticons so MONSTEROUS looking? Is this Transformers or Frickin' Lord of the Rings? Also, Starscream's supposed to be vain... I can accept that Cybertronians may have different ideals for sexiness, but he could use some more flashy colors in 'bot mode.