Future of ml

synch

Soooo we have seen some of the hasbro stuff or at least the toybiz hasbro stuf so far ... What do you guys think the future of these toylines will be price wise?.. Right now people are paying some prettyyyyy sillly amounts for 1 lone figure even! I use to think it was expensive to buy em by the case but some of these figures are going for what you could get a complete case for now! Its crazy!

Depending on the character/figures lineup, I may buy cases, especially if there's a BAF that I want. I could get my figures and BAF and just sell the rest of the case off.

I'm having to scrounge around on Ebay now for some figures that I had, but were broken or lost by movers the last time I moved. It does suck seeing some of the prices now at ten times the original retail. :(

The move to $10 was pretty bad, but as long as it doesnt go over that I think I can deal with it.

But the way hasbro is charging $8++ for this Spidey trash on shelves now, I have a bad feeling ML will go up too.

The move to $10 was pretty bad, but as long as it doesnt go over that I think I can deal with it.

But the way hasbro is charging $8++ for this Spidey trash on shelves now, I have a bad feeling ML will go up too.

I agree!!! I never such a waste of figures in the new spidey line-up. $10.00 for a figure is to much. This is getting out of hand!

Some of the older figs do cost alot. Juggernaut goes for close to 60 and I've seen deadpool go over 50 and those 2 were regular figures. Gold IM series 1 is going for over 100. Its making it hard for newer collectores to get some of the older stuff.

I'm actually very happy with Hasbro so far, yes the price jump isn't great(but i'm sure Marvel has atleast a little something to do with that, plus the fact that Hasbro actually uses plastic instead of rubber :P) HML2 is looking just as good as ANY wave TB has done(what? TBs waves were never fully perfect, some figures in each wave were perfect and others weren't, and HML2 is just like that, Quicksilver YJ She Hulk X3 Jean X3 Jugs (yeah movie characters but still) = perfect or very close to being so, Thor = coulda been perfect with some work(washes and drybrushing is all he needs though), lots of TB figs fell under this also, Ult Wolvy = BAD some of TBs fell under this also hehehe.

And i honestly think TB packaging was bland and boring(and god knows i hated the clamshells) Hasbro's is better looking and a easier to open.

Now Hasbro's new elbows, while they look better then double joint elbows/bicep swivles they just don't and prolly can't have the same range of motion(which is why IMO i think they should only be used on figures of HML2 Thor or larger sized, on a figure of that size they are actually better then having the single elbow and bicep swivle cause large figures joints of that type are almost always hindered by their size as is)

Now on some other artic issues, say She Hulk's lack of a waist swivle, TB did this with XMC Rogue so i'm thinking its something that some female figs(and thers like Anni) may just get done to them, and on some figures lack of wrist/forearms, again something TB was already doing to some of their figures, lack of finger joints is also something TB was starting(course it was only really on females with them) toe joints, well yeah TB was still doing these so i guess its ok to say Hasbro just doesn't like em as much or something(be truthful though i hardly ever use those joints myself)

Loss of comics, makes sense and doesn't(sure it saves some to not have the comics) and alot of times the comics weren't really ones that shoulda been packed with the figure to begin with.

Paint, yes TB wins this one yet they also loose this one to Hasbro, TBs figures had more paint yes, but alot of times they were applied badly and looked bad also, now while they do do washes and such sometimes they did to much of such(ML10 Cyke for example) and yes most of the time their skin tone plastic was nicer(though i think Hasbro is slowly learning to use better skin tone plastic from the looks of HML2 compared to HML1 and HML3 compared to both of those)

I honestly think Hasbro has more good points to them then TB did for the past five or 6 waves to be honest and am actually getting more MLs now then i was then(helps when the distribution doesn't suck monkey balls though hehehehe)

It's pretty funny you say that toybiz packaging looked bland and boring. The change in packaging simply put me off to collecting these new hasbro figs. My collection is on card and I think the toybiz clamshell with comic in backround was great. These new hasbro packages are bulky and much larger than the toybiz ones. Plus they look like garbage to display on card. However, I loved the choice for an annihilus baf and am trying to complete that and will probably go after brood queen pieces through trades as well.

sky is the limit, price of oil (as "hasbro has stated") will force them to charge more. i can see them them going for 15 dollars in 2-3 yrs if they are still around. i am sure at 1 point hasbro will drop the baf pieces as well.

sky is the limit, price of oil (as "hasbro has stated") will force them to charge more. i can see them them going for 15 dollars in 2-3 yrs if they are still around. i am sure at 1 point hasbro will drop the baf pieces as well.

And it would likely be the same with TB if they still had it down the road so what?

Price of oil will do lots of crap to toylines and stuff down the road if something isn't done about it.

It's pretty funny you say that toybiz packaging looked bland and boring. The change in packaging simply put me off to collecting these new hasbro figs. My collection is on card and I think the toybiz clamshell with comic in backround was great. These new hasbro packages are bulky and much larger than the toybiz ones. Plus they look like garbage to display on card. However, I loved the choice for an annihilus baf and am trying to complete that and will probably go after brood queen pieces through trades as well.

If i was a MoC guy i'd much rather have Hasbro's packaging its just more eye catching and the character specific stuff is awesome(even though sometimes they are in the wrong costumes on it) its more collector based with that stuff instead of TBs bland purple and black background with only team/character insignias on it.

And for those who might say i'm not really a fan of marvel figures, i say HA!, i collected TB 5 inch figures when i was younger and i started ML with ML2 Dr Doom(now to be honest i never got a whole bunch of figs cause i havn't really had the funds) so i do like TB atleast a little, but IMHO Hasbro is just better for the line atm.

Didn't someone somewhere on here say that the price for HMLs was more determined by the retailer rather than Hasbro itself? That Hasbro suggests a price, but the retailer had the final word in it?

Someone help me out here. I'm not really sure who posted this and where.

yup as a retailer I can verify that the prices hasbro give out are only a recommendation RRP= recommended retail price

now hasbro toys are a little more expensive than some other brands but retailers can and sometimes do sell for less than the RRP depending on the mark up of the item at wholesale

but at the same time prices can be marked up which is what you probably see in collectors shops with the short packed figures

major chains probably just take the RRP and run with it if it doesn't sell then they may mark it down or demand a better price from hasbro in order to sell it cheaper

hasbro isn't the evil some people think when it comes to dealing with major chains

I'm actually very happy with Hasbro so far, yes the price jump isn't great(but i'm sure Marvel has atleast a little something to do with that, plus the fact that Hasbro actually uses plastic instead of rubber :P) HML2 is looking just as good as ANY wave TB has done(what? TBs waves were never fully perfect, some figures in each wave were perfect and others weren't, and HML2 is just like that, Quicksilver YJ She Hulk X3 Jean X3 Jugs (yeah movie characters but still) = perfect or very close to being so, Thor = coulda been perfect with some work(washes and drybrushing is all he needs though), lots of TB figs fell under this also, Ult Wolvy = BAD some of TBs fell under this also hehehe.

And i honestly think TB packaging was bland and boring(and god knows i hated the clamshells) Hasbro's is better looking and a easier to open.

Now Hasbro's new elbows, while they look better then double joint elbows/bicep swivles they just don't and prolly can't have the same range of motion(which is why IMO i think they should only be used on figures of HML2 Thor or larger sized, on a figure of that size they are actually better then having the single elbow and bicep swivle cause large figures joints of that type are almost always hindered by their size as is)

Now on some other artic issues, say She Hulk's lack of a waist swivle, TB did this with XMC Rogue so i'm thinking its something that some female figs(and thers like Anni) may just get done to them, and on some figures lack of wrist/forearms, again something TB was already doing to some of their figures, lack of finger joints is also something TB was starting(course it was only really on females with them) toe joints, well yeah TB was still doing these so i guess its ok to say Hasbro just doesn't like em as much or something(be truthful though i hardly ever use those joints myself)

Loss of comics, makes sense and doesn't(sure it saves some to not have the comics) and alot of times the comics weren't really ones that shoulda been packed with the figure to begin with.

Paint, yes TB wins this one yet they also loose this one to Hasbro, TBs figures had more paint yes, but alot of times they were applied badly and looked bad also, now while they do do washes and such sometimes they did to much of such(ML10 Cyke for example) and yes most of the time their skin tone plastic was nicer(though i think Hasbro is slowly learning to use better skin tone plastic from the looks of HML2 compared to HML1 and HML3 compared to both of those)

I honestly think Hasbro has more good points to them then TB did for the past five or 6 waves to be honest and am actually getting more MLs now then i was then(helps when the distribution doesn't suck monkey balls though hehehehe)

Are you sure you're not a politician instead of a toy collector? Becuase you just took all of Hasbro's faults and somehow made it sound like TB was either going to go that same route eventually or the line is actually better now because of said faults. Good stuff. Not much really rang true, mind you, but it made for a good read. #US1#