viper pit 6 pack a... peg warmer?

Dragonrider1227

Around me, all thats left is the viper pack as any remains of the 3 and 3/4 Joes, besides the Toys R' Us in Times Square, which has a ridiculous number of Viper packs plus an insane number of lady jaye comic packs plus a few single carded figures. I'd really like to get my hands on a plague/ steel set but I'm thinking I'm out of luck now.

I'm stuck in college and poor, so my problem is that when I see it I CAN'T buy it even though I want it.

I still need the Comic pack with lady Jaye and the newer OG set. More Viper Pit too since I'm still building

my army, I've got 7 already and I want to make it an even 10 eventually. Dang I need a job and $ @hmmm@

The only ones that move around here are the ones I buy. And then, I've only got 2-3 people that are willing to trade for them.
\

no idea what you're talking about @smilepunch@

i only actually bought 2 sets from tru and got. . . man i don't even remeber i think 3 sets?? from ct. there were probably like 8 sets and some of the last wave of of dtc figures at my tru. haven't seen the plague either but i don't really care :) if it was all steel birgade figures in it i might buy it but meh. i hate the se sculpt ;)

is no one pissed off by the fact that their thighs are too big?? they click and don't flow smoothly with the bat waist. if they wanted to make it more like the orignial by changing the thighs then they should have at least changed the waist. even if it wasn't the original just something a bit bigger to accomodate(sp?) the larger thighs. but besides thatt i love these figures :)

oh and ct.. did you get my pm?

I'm one of those aforementioned "losing-interest" collectors, as you might can tell from my trading/selling threads. (lol) I've just decided to stick with Star Wars due to monetary reasons. Now I will make an exception for the Anniversary line of course, but that's about all I want; some G.I. Joe figures on vintage-style cards just to remind me of my love of G.I. Joe. But I think my days of hard-core G.I. Joe collecting are over.

Now I was tempted a time or two to get the Viper set, but I eventually decided they didn't do it for me much really. Wrong accessories, questionable paint apps, and wrong lower legs just add up to a big "Meh" for me. I've about decided that if I can't have the superior originals anymore for a reasonable price, then why bother. I know that may sound jaded, but I'm kinda over it. I'll get the Anniversary ones and that'll probably be it for me.

I feel this same way. I tried to build a new smaller Joe collection, and once we started really getting it good, it appeared as if they dropped the line for Sigma 6. Well, then they came back with single carded figures, but they were not nearly as good in price and availability as the two packs they did prior.

I don't know. I need a place for my Joes to live right now-- a good set up for them-- and then maybe I'd consider adding more. I think the last new one I bought was Lowlight or Monkey Wrench.

Even if I did buy a Viper pack though, there'd still be about a hundred of them out there at TRU stores near me.

@hmmm@

Man....I bought 4 sets, but haven't opened a one of'em yet. Seems like some ISSUES with these bad boys?

Maybe I'd better make a trip out to storage, and bring one home for inspection?

I got two sets, one from BBTS and another from TRU. I'd get more but I don't want to sit and mod any more of them. I dont mind fixing the waist but I tried fixing the heads and now they all flop around. Very annoying. I dont like the Ambush rifle but thats what Marauder John is for. 12 of these troops is plenty for me, probably too much. And what would I do with 18 or 24?

I only bought 1 set, and that was because i had one of those $5 off $25 coupons. I honestly think its a great set, and as previously mentioned, if it came out 2-3 years ago, it would be like printing money, but the fact that Hasbro kinda cut 3 3/4 off at the knees to put out the crappy cartoon figures, interest is definitly waning. plus I don't think it helps that TRU raised the 6 pack prices from 20 to 25. if these were 20, I'd definitly grab another, plus if there was a sale that would put them in the teens, where i wouldn't have any problem grabbing probably 2 more

speak not of pain until you've had to mod 30 little crotches. :wacko:

Sounds like something a few of the "mods" around here might say?

@loll@

Do they still have the tab behind their necks that make them look down unless you trim the tab off?

Also, anyone in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area know if the Hurst TRU still has any in stock? I do want the set if they do.