viper pit 6 pack a... peg warmer?

Dragonrider1227

Yeah, if this set had come out the same time, or right around the time, as the Crimson Guard 6 packs, there wouldn't be any left on the shelf. Right now, interest is falling off in small joes for those that don't know about the upcoming anniversary stuff. You got to figure, mostly only collectors know about what's going on with the small Joes. The clueless casual customer has no clue why the little guys have been getting almost no love. Hasbro could have lost a lot of the casual consumers that were picking up the other 6 packs a few years ago. I think collectors are starting to get their fill of these sets, leaving the rest to warm the pegs.

@hmmm@ Well...

I AM... VIPER HUNTER afterall!

You know I only snagged me 4 of those sets though.

That's one of those deals, where IF I walk into a TRU tomorrow, and see nothing but Sigma ick on the pegs, I'd likely buy 1 or 2 more, just to have SOMETHING good to buy.

I just bought a house though, so I can't be so compulsive like that anymore.

@hmmm@ for now!

@hmmm@ Well...

I AM... VIPER HUNTER afterall!

You know I only snagged me 4 of those sets though.

That's one of those deals, where IF I walk into a TRU tomorrow, and see nothing but Sigma ick on the pegs, I'd likely buy 1 or 2 more, just to have SOMETHING good to buy.

I just bought a house though, so I can't be so compulsive like that anymore.

@hmmm@ for now!

Well, if you were ever looking to get rid of some CGs, I might be able to send some more Vipers your way. That way, you don't have to spend any of your money.

If I was in the USA and not Japan I would pick up about 5 of these packs

importing them makes them a bit expensive

They are still at full retail. I think one of the other problems is that a bunch of people thought these would be hard to get so they pre-ordered through online stores. That's what I did and if everyone got their fill online, it would only make sense to see stock left on the shelf. There are two things keeping me from buying more: If I weren't in the middle of a job transition, and if I had more CIF figures, because I feel that the CIF are the primary grunts and should slightly outnumber the Viper infantry corps.

BTW, If you buy one this week, you get a 5.00 gift card. 5.00 for every 20.00 you spend. That's a little incentive for you who were putting it off.

Guest McBragg

I've gotten 4 so far.

There's a few problems with the set. The head thing is just annoying, the waist part has to be fixed (or filed, really you damage the figures to prevent greater breakage. It's not hard, but it takes the "fun right out of the box" factor that action figure buying should be all about.

Some o-ring are tight, so i've taken to replacing many of them, too.

Someone on another board said the set doesn't deserve a bad rep. Yes, it does, if only to remind Hasbro they released a faulty toy product. Everyone says GI JOE is made with kids in mind. Most kids don't modify the figures. So as a toy, the set is a poor effort. For collectors, it's a quite serviceable set. But let's not let Hasbro off the hook for showing us a much requested troop builder set but then delivering a fixer-upper.

I got 5 or 6, I can't remember. I haven't even opened them all yet and I almost feel like I have too many. It wouldn't seem right if I had more Vipers than regular infantry. I've got about 40 or so regular troops and a total of about 60 vipers of various kinds, with 30 or 36 of the recent viper being the largest number of any one type.

I'd probably get a few more (especially if they get discounted). I have 48 Troopers so I wouldn't mind 48 Vipers. But I dont know how to do any of the mods so I hope I don't go to get them out and find they have all been castrated!

I'm one of those aforementioned "losing-interest" collectors, as you might can tell from my trading/selling threads. (lol) I've just decided to stick with Star Wars due to monetary reasons. Now I will make an exception for the Anniversary line of course, but that's about all I want; some G.I. Joe figures on vintage-style cards just to remind me of my love of G.I. Joe. But I think my days of hard-core G.I. Joe collecting are over.

Now I was tempted a time or two to get the Viper set, but I eventually decided they didn't do it for me much really. Wrong accessories, questionable paint apps, and wrong lower legs just add up to a big "Meh" for me. I've about decided that if I can't have the superior originals anymore for a reasonable price, then why bother. I know that may sound jaded, but I'm kinda over it. I'll get the Anniversary ones and that'll probably be it for me.