Questions on the 25th Anniversary figures

jinx723

I finally read the article on the 25th Anniversary figures in the Tomart Magazine with Flint on the cover. First off I've seen/read way too many diffrent release dates for these figures. I think they should release the two five packs around Memorial weekend to get the jump before The Transformers Movie. Does anyone know an offical release date? In the article it said the torso and lower legs were lengthen to appear more realistic which will make the figures 4" instead of 3.75", I could care less. And one more thing from the article, the fifteen single packs are going to be "repaints" of the ten from the two five packs. After seeing the first five of the single packs it just might be true. (sigh) I'm still getting these figures regardless, I'm a G.I. Joe junkie, though I do hope they fix Snake-Eyes "football" shaped head on the version two.

First off I've seen/read way too many diffrent release dates for these figures
I've found those release dates not to be very spot on anyways. You get stuff like Transformers Classics wave 3 that was suppose to hit in March, but was in stores by Feb. And I've seen stuff that didn't show up till after the release date had come and gone. I'd actually expect to see them a month before the earliest release date, but that might just be more hope on my part then a real assestment.

And one more thing from the article, the fifteen single packs are going to be "repaints" of the ten from the two five packs.

If true...you might even see some Hasbro defenders get upset. I for one am hoping that the first wave is the only wave of major repaints/Frankenjoes.

How many characters could they really make using only repaints of the exsisting figures? Sure, the 5 we saw were all reuses of the previous molds, but only because they worked. Those were also the only molds that I could see being reused, because what exactly could they do with Baroness, Destro, Gung Ho, and Roadblock, aside from repaint of the same characters in the same outfit?

The only possabilities I can see are:

Baroness-Baroness (Crimson or blue uniform, or Chameleon)

Destro-Pimp Daddy Destro LOL

Gung Ho-97 Gung Ho that came with the Slugger

Roadblock- Tiger Force Roadblock or Double Blast.

None of these seem likely candidates for the 25th Anniversary line. I think we will still see more new molds.

It's obvious that Hasbro is going to utilize the practice of reusing molds for additional characters, whenever possible.

That precedent has been set.

I doubt however, the remaining figures will ALL be repaints of the molds we've seen already, with just new heads and gear, but I'm willing to bet that there will be one or two mold reuses, of the ones yet to see.

And one more thing from the article, the fifteen single packs are going to be "repaints" of the ten from the two five packs. After seeing the first five of the single packs it just might be true.

Are you sure that's exactly what the article said? I only ask because that statement is 100% false, and I can't imagine why they would put that in their article. Don't worry guys, we are getting plenty of new tooling in the upcoming figures, they are far from all repaints.

There may be a couple figures in the two 5-Packs will be single packed, but no, not nearly all of them. Most of the two 5-packs will only be released in that format. If they do show up in single pack form, they will be in retooled form.

Justin

The Tomart article is completely wrong. The remaining 10 Single Carded figures are not repaints of the 10 figures from the 5 Packs. They got their info from the Hasbro Reps at Toy Fair who really had no clue about the line other than the 10 figures that were shown....and even those they had little info on. They only knew that there would be 2 5 Packs and 15 Single figures, but they didn't know who, what or when. Any info they were giving was there own opinions and speculation and changed everytime someone asked them.

As it stands at this time there are the 2 5-Packs we know about and the 15 Single Packs...though it is looking more like 20 at this point.

We have seen the majority of repaints/retools and the remaining figures save for Single Packed Cobra Trooper will be new.

New pics should be around soon.

The Tomart article is completely wrong. The remaining 10 Single Carded figures are not repaints of the 10 figures from the 5 Packs. They got their info from the Hasbro Reps at Toy Fair who really had no clue about the line other than the 10 figures that were shown....and even those they had little info on. They only knew that there would be 2 5 Packs and 15 Single figures, but they didn't know who, what or when. Any info they were giving was there own opinions and speculation and changed everytime someone asked them.

What's the point of sending reps who don't know anything and spread false information? Great job, Hasbro!!

Cause they'll work for peanuts. And they can't tell them anything cause toy spies are everywhere...They could be reading this right now. You could be one....You could be one....or even YOU! :: points directly at the screen. ::

As far as reusing the molds go I can see them using the Snake Eyes V1 body a couple times and adding

different web gear and heads/arms/possibly legs to change the figure into someone else, but other then

that generic body sculpt I can't see to many other repaints.

Cause they'll work for peanuts. And they can't tell them anything cause toy spies are everywhere...They could be reading this right now. You could be one....You could be one....or even YOU! :: points directly at the screen. ::

Well, they can pay me peanuts to attend toy conventions and make stuff up. I think it would hilarous.

"The next five figures will Crystal Ball, Raptor, Cobra Commander '87, Snake Eyes '91 and Storm Shadow '92 and they will all be repaints of existing molds."

And then watch everyone's head explode trying to figure that out. And then see who still tries to defend Hasbro anyway and tell us it's the greatest thing ever.

"The next five figures will Crystal Ball, Raptor, Cobra Commander '87, Snake Eyes '91 and Storm Shadow '92 and they will all be repaints of existing molds."

And then watch everyone's head explode trying to figure that out. And then see who still tries to defend Hasbro anyway and tell us it's the greatest thing ever.

@loll@ I can instantly think of a few.

How many characters could they really make using only repaints of the exsisting figures? Sure, the 5 we saw were all reuses of the previous molds, but only because they worked. Those were also the only molds that I could see being reused, because what exactly could they do with Baroness, Destro, Gung Ho, and Roadblock, aside from repaint of the same characters in the same outfit?

The only possabilities I can see are:

Baroness-Baroness (Crimson or blue uniform, or Chameleon)

Destro-Pimp Daddy Destro LOL

Gung Ho-97 Gung Ho that came with the Slugger

Roadblock- Tiger Force Roadblock or Double Blast.

None of these seem likely candidates for the 25th Anniversary line. I think we will still see more new molds.

For Destro, they could do him in a gold-head version

The brown-and-green Gung Ho had a good color scheme. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Still, instead of letting us know what the final ten are, we get repaints. I really hope that Hasbro isn't counting these repaints as the final ten.