Will Hasbro stick with 5"?

CommanderDon

it was actually said that the Legends line would remain 6" and would be more collector-oriented, but then the more kid-oriented/movie lines would make the switch to 5".

so the Spidey line and the upcoming F4: Surfer line are in 5". the F4 animated line, even though it's probably been canned by now, was also meant to be 5".

however, the rumor i heard, which i can't veryfy in any way, shape, or form, is that some movie characters would make it into future ML waves so we might also get 6" versions of movie characters. another rumor i heard is that one ML wave would be F4-themed, so i dont know if that means we'll get a 6" Movie Surfer or what.

i know i for one wouldnt mind a Movie Venom in 6" scale because he looks pretty wicked awesome. a flamed-off move Human Torch, Silver Surfer, and Harry Osborn in 6" would also be on my "get" list

These new 5" figures...what a waste. Just corporate scum Hasbro making them smaller and pricing them higher so they could get the last dollar. Next thing they will say the price of oil has gone up again sorry gotta raise those action figure prices. $8.99 for a lousy 5" figure wtf!!!

Even the marvel legends line looks smaller...have you seen emma frost how she is smaller than wasp from last years legends line.

what a waste

Great! This will save me some $$$$. I do not buy figures that are out of scale. Everyone else is making 6.75" figures & stupid hasbro goes with 5"

woohoo and to Hasbro I give the gift of the big middle finger! ( I wanted to use the velvet touch!)

These new 5" figures...what a waste. Just corporate scum Hasbro making them smaller and pricing them higher so they could get the last dollar. Next thing they will say the price of oil has gone up again sorry gotta raise those action figure prices. $8.99 for a lousy 5" figure wtf!!!

You do understand that the RETAILERS decide the price, Hasbro only suggests a "suggested retail price".

Blame the retailers, Hasbro has little say in what they sell the toys for.

Also, action figure sales are way down from years past, so naturally product is going to cost more. Less people buying means the sellers have to make their $$ back somehow--so the price typically rises.

I hope they do stick with the 5 inch, I always liked that size better. I stayed away from MLs in the early days since they weren't gona line up with any of my old stuff. I only have as many as I do now 'cause it seemed like everything was switching to 6 inch! In any case, it looks like it's just for the movie toys, so I love the idea! I like the little figures and the articulation is just enough to have some fun without doing any crazy poses.

Hell, you know, if they did switch everything to 5 inch (including MLs) I'd just slowly sell off my old MLs as I got new smaller versions to replace them.

however, the rumor i heard, which i can't veryfy in any way, shape, or form, is that some movie characters would make it into future ML waves so we might also get 6" versions of movie characters.

It's not a rumor, its a possibility. Whenever Hasbro has been asked that question of whether they will do more Movie figures in the 6" ML line after the X3 ones, they have said its something they might consider. My guess is the chances are probablly pretty good that we will see some.

Great! This will save me some $$$$. I do not buy figures that are out of scale. Everyone else is making 6.75" figures & stupid hasbro goes with 5"

woohoo and to Hasbro I give the gift of the big middle finger! ( I wanted to use the velvet touch!)

Sometimes it's nice not having to collect giant figures though...

You do understand that the RETAILERS decide the price, Hasbro only suggests a "suggested retail price".

Blame the retailers, Hasbro has little say in what they sell the toys for.

Also, action figure sales are way down from years past, so naturally product is going to cost more. Less people buying means the sellers have to make their $$ back somehow--so the price typically rises.

ARROW that is true, retailers ultimately decide the price, but once the manufacturer throws that MSRP out, it is going to heavily influence what price the retailer puts on it. Not only that, it creates a chain reaction as Hasbro puts out the product with the certain MSRP, then it goes to the warehouses, then the distributer, then finally to the retailer (if not more). Everytime it goes to one of these places, said place will have to recoup their costs so the higher the initial MSRP, the more the customer gets the costs shoved in their face.

Not a problem for me with the 5 inch stuff because I refuse to buy the garbage! Only way Ill be buying it MAYBE is if they were to release a super skrull in the F4 line or something since I missed it in the animated FF4 line.

Then again, maybe hasbro actually will switch EVERYTHING to 5 inch and totally put me off collecting Marvel stuff period. You know, the way they did with GIJOE, switching from 3 3/4" to 8 inch Sigma 6. Ah well, at least Im saving cash on GI JOE stuff!

No way will I be starting to collect another scale of action figures. The space left in my house won't allow it. If they do change the scale I say go ahead and I'll save money :) Of course, I couldn't name FIVE 6 inch MLs that I still want to see made so I guess I'll be saving anyway!