Are these (SM3) figures going to be rare?

CommanderDon

Being Hasbro now and that it's a big franchise movie, do you think any of the figures will be particularly rare?

Like figures I haven't even seen out yet like black super-articulated Spidey, and ones that have already been out such as the Green Goblin.. does Hasbro have a good track record of keeping supply to meet demand?

In a word ... no they are not going to be rare in fact they are going to milk the living $(* out of the spiderman line. You will find more if you actuallly want them ... as time goes by don't worry

the only things that may be "rare" are the exclusives

yeah I don't think you'll have a problem finding them....the stores are going to continue getting shipments and then wave 2 will hit probably at like the middle to end of this month. If you have multiple walmarts try them because mine were completely packed out even after the spidey event on saturday.

I actually find it really odd you guys would 1) assume I was a scalper/speculator (maybe thinking it was a possibility, but to assume it?) and 2) find my question odd.

Do you all have infinite money? Because I sure don't. I can't buy every single figure at once. I couldn't find the figure I really wanted, black costume Spider-Man today. It kind of scares me when a new line comes out that I didn't know about because there will be so many figures I want but can't get right away. So of course I would be concerned if they would be easy to get a month or two down the line. I mean I even mentioned supply and DEMAND.

Seriously, you guys must be really way into this if you think that THAT's some how an odd question.

Its just an odd question. When noobs ask such a thing its normally because they are scalpers and they just joined the site to see what was hot and what they might be able to make a quick buck off of. If your looking to buy these to sell good luck with that. I doubt you would be able to get more than retail. As for not being able to buy them all. Get a second job......or just buy what you want. They are cool and I like the them but will not buy them because of the 5 inch scale. Im only looking for the wal-mart exclusives but I doubt I'd buy them. I just want to see how they look in person.

Its just an odd question. When noobs ask such a thing its normally because they are scalpers and they just joined the site to see what was hot and what they might be able to make a quick buck off of. If your looking to buy these to sell good luck with that. I doubt you would be able to get more than retail. As for not being able to buy them all. Get a second job......or just buy what you want. They are cool and I like the them but will not buy them because of the 5 inch scale. Im only looking for the wal-mart exclusives but I doubt I'd buy them. I just want to see how they look in person.

wow... just wow.

I still think it's really odd that you think it's an odd question.

Not sure what's more insulting though, that or that you thought I was a braindead scalper who has never heard of eBay to find out what something's worth.

wow...

#WTF# Dude get over it. I told you why I thought your question was odd. As for your other question. No I dont have infinite money but I have more than enough for action figures and video games. If you cant buy all the ones you want get a second job. Thats why i suggested that. I've done it before and I'm sure others have too.

#WTF# Dude get over it. I told you why I thought your question was odd. As for your other question. No I dont have infinite money but I have more than enough for action figures and video games. If you cant buy all the ones you want get a second job. Thats why i suggested that. I've done it before and I'm sure others have too.

ok super wow

oh and to answer your question, older than you

I actually find it really odd you guys would 1) assume I was a scalper/speculator (maybe thinking it was a possibility, but to assume it?) and 2) find my question odd.

Do you all have infinite money? Because I sure don't. I can't buy every single figure at once. I couldn't find the figure I really wanted, black costume Spider-Man today. It kind of scares me when a new line comes out that I didn't know about because there will be so many figures I want but can't get right away. So of course I would be concerned if they would be easy to get a month or two down the line. I mean I even mentioned supply and DEMAND.

Seriously, you guys must be really way into this if you think that THAT's some how an odd question.

I am not sure if your new to forums and I am not a mod or an expert. Yet only one person thought your question was odd others did take the time to answer your question. I think it's only odd because the figures just came out this weekend so it's a little too soon to think there is a short supply. The movie is still about 3 months away from opening and if anything hasbro will be shipping these toys out at the very least untill june or july which is only a month or so after the movie opens because then all the "kids" are going to want all the characters they just saw in the movie:)

Oh and not sure which state you live in but if you have a fred meyer you might have luck I found almost if not all of the figures there:) I had to talk myself down because there are so many different figures. Plus for just the six figures I bought it came to 66.30 yikes! and this is with the dollar off sale feddies is having on these figures.

Yeah prices are kinda high which sucks because they should be cheaper since they are smaller. I'm holding off on these because movie figs will go on sale at some point shortly after the movie. And none of them will really be rare as Hasbro is pushing these like crazy.

Well, look at it like this. You just joined today and used your first post to pump for info about what and what is not rare. IMO, anybody that has been collecting for more than a day knows that EVERY movie figure line gets way overproduced and is bascially worthless on the secondary market. So for a new person to come in and ask a question that seemingly any collector should know...well, that smells like scalper to me. Now, if you're not good for you...but if you reread your original post and take into account that you are a noob, I think you'll find it's not very odd at all that some of us thought that. And if you are...I'd suggest you find a new line of work because peddling movie figures can't be very profitable @loll@

I totaly agree with bigs on this one :) I'd allso suggest you come up with another come back other than " wow " & stop taking offence to every single damn thing people are posting. You're asking were answering if you don't like the answers then stop asking :D

& saying " older than you" well ... HEH anything I have to say on that comment will just just a "wow" response :P

Well, look at it like this. You just joined today and used your first post to pump for info about what and what is not rare. IMO, anybody that has been collecting for more than a day knows that EVERY movie figure line gets way overproduced and is bascially worthless on the secondary market. So for a new person to come in and ask a question that seemingly any collector should know...well, that smells like scalper to me. Now, if you're not good for you...but if you reread your original post and take into account that you are a noob, I think you'll find it's not very odd at all that some of us thought that. And if you are...I'd suggest you find a new line of work because peddling movie figures can't be very profitable

I have to disagree.

I think the question is fair and I think its very UNFAIR to assume any newcomer asking the question is automatically a scalper.

People need to remember that not everyone is 'Net savvy, and not everyone has been in the on-line hobby, or even the collecting hobby for as long as folks like yourself and myself. Some folks, are simply coming to all of this for the very first time.

Its very easy for some folks to assume all kinds of thing about others ( yep, people like you and me fall into that trap too) and its even easier for them to assume wrong. Hey, any collector "should" know these things..........but we have to accept that some simply do not.

Instead of judging the fellow, mayhaps people should just offer assistance or advice ( think of it as a chance to share what you know, then they WILL know) and maybe spare the judgements until there's really something to "judge". Makes for a better "welcome mat" in the long run.

I see what you're saying, but I think that policy is easier to practice in theory than in "real" life (as real as a message board is, lol). It would be great to give everyone the benefit of the doubt in all situations. However, in this instance, a scalper is NEVER going to come on here and say "hey guys, looking to make a nice score on Ebay this week...please let me know what to buy so I can rake some collectors over the coals." If that's the case, you sometimes need to read into what people say somewhat. That, taken along w/ the fact that he is brand new, led me to my assumption. I trully am sorry if I accused him of something he's not...but you can't honestly tell me you read that post and looked at the post count and didn't think the same thing for a second. The problem w/ waiting for concrete proof that someone is a scalper is by the time you get it (if ever) they will have already milked the board for all the info they need, and I personally don't come here to help contribute to that problem. So like I said, I do feel bad because no collector would want to be accused of that but maybe he'll choose his words more carefully next time.

Actually a scalper wouldn't even need to post. Simply lurking for a week at most would get them all the info they'll need.

Anyone with the scalper mindset will, sooner or later, trip themselves up. Some people even end up sounding like a scalper when confronted and offended, simply because they are not that articulate.

We've all seen even good sods have trouble communicating from time to time.

Asking if something is "rare" easily could mean asking if its just hard to find.

That's how I honestly read his post, and I don't this fellow is that animal.

For me, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt is just more neighbourly--and there's always plenty of rope to hang by in that if someone strays off the path, so to speak.

Also think about it.....a scalper digging for info online really does........what? They might be a pest in their local area, but that's about it. How can they even be sure the info is accurate, LOL?? I know a few people that make a practise of posting the WRONG ( or vague) info, just to throw off scalpers. ;)

You and I have the same reach as they do on-line, but does anyone think for a minute that a scalper could buy out enough stuff to impede someone collecting via on-line?

As I've said, and ad nauseum now, its just so easy to bypass them these days.

Also think about it.....a scalper digging for info online really does........what? They might be a pest in their local area, but that's about it. How can they even be sure the info is accurate, LOL?? I know a few people that make a practise of posting the WRONG ( or vague) info, just to throw off scalpers. ;)

Totally agree. If one person gets info to scalp or one scalper gets roadblocked from obtaining info it has ZERO impact on us and bascially every other collector (unless they work out of a very remote locale and even then the effect is ridiculously minimal). It's more just the principle of not helping them w/ me. Besides, I have always said it's the collectors who are more at fault...not the opportunists. But some collectors can't seem to wait 2 days to get something once they know someone else has it, so they continue to feed the problem.

I was just at walmart, I saw they had around 15 million of these still left, probably because they're $8.76.. ok no worries about them being rare.

Yea Don, I think the Hasbro stuff is turning out to be easy to find overall.

Unless there's retailer exclusives ( that are not going to be general releases later on) I don't think finding any of this stuff will be a problem from this point on.