Hasbro Figures Taped Up?

EvilSpidey

Was wondering if this was old news or what, but why has ever marvel hasbro figure i have come by been taped up along the bottom and sides. First I thought someone had opened them but now wherever I go i see they are taped. Just wondered if anyone had any info on this problem? THanks

They started that with their GI Joe line. The Ghost Rider figure I got was taped along the outside, and had a couple of pieces on the inside, affixing the tray to the clam shell. I guess so you can't just pull the tape off the outside and remove the tray to steal or swap figures.

tape is nice and loud when thiefs try to open the packages in the stores :) Either that or its cheaper than glue or something who knows :D They do it with there starwars figures too some times when I first brought some ROTS figures I was all WTFerized too wondering if someone had opened and returned the figure haha!

Hasbro's big on tape, but ater getting a House of M boxset last week and having to undo all those damn twistie ties I was about to go kill me someone at TB. So give me tape anyhime.

Yeah twisty ties gets on my nerve.

Yeah I thought the tape thing was odd as well. even though I see the tape on my joes now:) what made the tape stand out even more this time I think is that, I think I ended up with a quick change spiderman missing his right arm. He is supose to have both parker sleaves right? I am lucky in away that I am missing this part since even though I thought I looked over the paint on my figures well I got home and noticed my "new goblin" has paint missing on my figures forehead even though it's as small as a period it's bugging me. Yet if I was to tell my ride that the only reason I wanted to go back to the store was just for this paint and not the missing part I would not get the ride:)

Yet now that I see this spiderman has very little articulation I don't think it is really worth almost ten bucks just for a peter parker head which is really why I bought the figure in the first place:)