Why WAL MART SUCKS!

Green Lantern

I went to WM earlier tonight and per my usual custom, checked the action figure aisle.

Lo and behold, there were some Spidey 3 toys out. Some deformed stuffed dolls and then...HOLY SHITAKE!

A Symbiote Spidey...super-poseable...in a "limited edition" package...

I grabbed one and went to buy it...

...and was told it wasn't available for purchase.

As sure as you're reading this, I thought about (and still am thinking about) shoplifting the toy. I mean, why would the morons who stock the shelves put out figures eight days early? It makes no sense.

Has anyone else run into these? From the pics I've seen, they're regular costume Spideys painted black with a suction cup web accessory.

GL

lol that happened to my friend too

I went to WM earlier tonight and per my usual custom, checked the action figure aisle.

Lo and behold, there were some Spidey 3 toys out. Some deformed stuffed dolls and then...HOLY SHITAKE!

A Symbiote Spidey...super-poseable...in a "limited edition" package...

I grabbed one and went to buy it...

...and was told it wasn't available for purchase.

As sure as you're reading this, I thought about (and still am thinking about) shoplifting the toy. I mean, why would the morons who stock the shelves put out figures eight days early? It makes no sense.

Has anyone else run into these? From the pics I've seen, they're regular costume Spideys painted black with a suction cup web accessory.

GL

They want to show their customers that every employee is hard working. They have already finished their job that are supposed to be done 8 days later!!! Talk about efficiency!!! :D :D :D

Just kidding... hehe... Seriously, that has happened to me and my family before... These idiots don't use their brains at all!

you should have asked to talk to the manager I bet if you were nice he woulda just let you have it since it is allready out on the pegs like ya said... I've seen theres here in stores too though don't really wana buy any just yet :D

That happened to me before.... Whats the point of putting it out eh? Beats me!

So they suck because they wouldn't sell you street dated merchandise that was mistakenly put out early? Wow, the mind boggles.

It's like bitching because they didn't sell you a Wii or PS3 that was accidently stocked in the video game case before the release date.

Seriously, do you guys ever stop to listen to yourselves.

Ya, Wal-Marts have been doing this all across the country. My first thought is that wal-mart employees are too stupid to read the box OR maybe Hasbro goofed and forgot to put the stickers on the boxes "DO NOT STOCK UNTIL 03/24/07"

I would REALLY like to know if that limited edition black spidey is 5" or 6" can anyone confirm?

I had the same problem with the Spider man villians, the 4" Kraven and Goblin. I went to self check out and it told me to wait for assistance , I did and they didnt scan so I left with them, the cashier said it was kool so I got them free of charge

So they suck because they wouldn't sell you street dated merchandise that was mistakenly put out early? Wow, the mind boggles.

It's like bitching because they didn't sell you a Wii or PS3 that was accidently stocked in the video game case before the release date.

He's right

People can get into big trouble if they sell street dated merchandise before the release date

My Target just got in tons of Spiderman toys including Spiderspud but they are street dated to come out next week when they also reset Star Wars to put up that merchandise

Ya, Wal-Marts have been doing this all across the country. My first thought is that wal-mart employees are too stupid to read the box OR maybe Hasbro goofed and forgot to put the stickers on the boxes "DO NOT STOCK UNTIL 03/24/07"

I would REALLY like to know if that limited edition black spidey is 5" or 6" can anyone confirm?

Really!!! Are people gonna keep bitchin about how WM sux and inform the rest of us just what this limited edition Spidey is!!! That is the first I've heard about that. (SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US WHAT THIS IS!!!)

They are not "stickered" on the boxes, they are printed in hard red ink, the only reason SM3 figures (SM and Friends, Spider-Spud or anything else street dated) would go out early is because the overnight staff at those locations are idiots. Pure and simple, this from a Walmart cashier.

However, oddly, the new Bump and goes and "off screen" assortments (the older villians not tied to SM3) are NOT dated, but are still locked out at my store. Presumably so that all the new product goes out at once and they have a nice showing on 3/24. One of the issues we had at Christmas was we put new mod items (like Classics, Spider-Man Origins, etc), which means when the new mods went into effect after Christmas, we didn't have anything to sell, and it took WEEKS to get new items in.

Do you ever stop to listen to how arrogant and pompous YOU sound? Until you do, kindly shut your mouth.

The fact is, the people who stock the shelves haven't the common sense to READ A PACKAGE. They're idiots, which is why they're doing what they do. Though one would think they could at least use SOME basic skills, like reading.

On the limited edition Spidey:

It appeared that the figure was five inches and was packaged in a silver and black box with "limited edition" stamped on in silver. They were the only SM3 action figures on the shelves.

GL

Do you ever stop to listen to how arrogant and pompous YOU sound? Until you do, kindly shut your mouth.

The fact is, the people who stock the shelves haven't the common sense to READ A PACKAGE. They're idiots, which is why they're doing what they do. Though one would think they could at least use SOME basic skills, like reading.

GL

I wouldn't go there :angry:

I have worked in retail for 22 years and have been a Department Mgr also

I graduated High School so I CAN READ

I can't stand people who have never worked in retail thinking there better

Get over yourself <_>