JUST FOR FUN CONTEST! (no prize)

carlmule

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they would!

And JoeRhyno tags me with the flamebait. <_<

It was my choice, it was "just for fun," and it's not about tooling costs (which I never argued for anyway).

:( You're ruining the thread VH, and you're campaigning again.

-PJ

How so? He went out of his way to explain in the rest of his post why he thinks those would work. You were the one that said "nope, nope. Because I said so." That sounds like flame bait to me. Quit trying to troll VH and pick a fight with him everywhere he posts.

How so? He went out of his way to explain in the rest of his post why he thinks those would work. You were the one that said "nope, nope. Because I said so." That sounds like flame bait to me. Quit trying to troll VH and pick a fight with him everywhere he posts.

great, another thread that is just going to deteriorate. yes, VH's behavior is bordering on trolling. how about his first poast in this thread which served no purpose other than to simply introduce the previous arguments of part reuse in a thread where it didn't belong except to further his own agenda:

Apparently....since shirts and pants are just "shirts and pants" and an unimportant feature of the characters, we may just be seeing a LOT more of Dukes mold with new heads.

OH...and a belt strap or two, to add some minor distinctions! @loll@

that post is the very definition of trolling. it added nothing constructive to the topic and instead only served to mock those who do not agree with him. if anyone is picking a fight, it is clearly VH.

great, another thread that is just going to deteriorate.

Only if you decide to let it.

yes, VH's behavior is bordering on trolling. how about his first poast in this thread which served no purpose other than to simply introduce the previous arguments of part reuse in a thread where it didn't belong except to further his own agenda

I think there were a few others than just myself, tossing out some jabs at Hasbro in this topic, reflecting on the whole mold reuse issue, hence the posted suggestions of figures they might come out with next, and all being repainted Duke molds.

I'll take the heat though if that makes you feel better, if it moves along YOUR "agenda" somehow?

Apparently....since shirts and pants are just "shirts and pants" and an unimportant feature of the characters, we may just be seeing a LOT more of Dukes mold with new heads.

that post is the very definition of trolling. it added nothing constructive to the topic and instead only served to mock those who do not agree with him. if anyone is picking a fight, it is clearly VH.

Of course, YOU would never be guilty of sarcastic "mocking" of somebody else's opinions or theories, would you?

Jeezus! How many MORE banned joecustoms members do we have to let in, before I get harassed out of my own home away from home?

Exactly!

To be honest, I'll admit that I figured somebody would call me out on having a double-standard on the mold reuse issue, as not liking it for Flint, but claiming it'd be cool for them to do so on the figures I mentioned earlier.

It's how it was 25 years ago for THOSE specific characters, but other characters, created later, started to stand out a little more, and those characters I've argued needed their own molds AGAIN. There may have been some baiting to debate the issue again in a more friendly manner, with more examples, but that's undoubtedly not going to happen.

The paranoia has settled in.

Thing brought up a good point there. I wonder if we'll see any Joes that died in the comic.

Since Lady Jaye has a fair shot, why not Doc?

-PJ

Does the DD series really "count" in this consideration?

But I agree. I thought we had a good chance with the comic pacs for dead characters. I see no reason why the 25th line can't have them. It seems to be more of a "showcase" line than a "story" line.

Thing brought up a good point there. I wonder if we'll see any Joes that died in the comic.

Since Lady Jaye has a fair shot, why not Doc?

-PJ

Does the DD series really "count" in this consideration?

Heh, I hope not. Killing her off really bugged me.

As for Serpentor, I don't really mind, but I hope they go all-out with the '86 art design. . .with mesh cape and such.

-PJ

Hmmm.

Zartan

Buzzer

Stalker

Quick Kick

Rock&Roll

I don't think they are going to stick to the "no dead characters" guideline, since this is a sort of classics line.

Another question is if there are going to keep the ratio of 3 joes and 2 cobras going(depends on how you view Storm Shadow V2)?

Let me paraphrase

I would like to see Serpentor eventually, But he is not what i consider an "icon".

I grew up with the earlier characters. I would prefer to see early characters (Doc, Snow Job, Tripwire, Torpedo, etc.) with specific skills first.

fine, I'll bite.

Of course, YOU would never be guilty of sarcastic "mocking" of somebody else's opinions or theories, would you?

it doesn't matter who has done what, what you did it here which is what is in question. trolling is defined as deliberately provoking arguments on newsgroups or bulletin boards, with no other intent than to gain attention for the sake of attention. your post had no relevance to the topic at hand and was not only an attempt to get attention but was admittedly meant to mock others opinion...that's trolling. at least you have admitted it.

Jeezus! How many MORE banned joecustoms members do we have to let in, before I get harassed out of my own home away from home?

that's right, keep displaying that awesome logic you always brilliantly use. the perfect ad hominem argument, when you have no substance to your position simply attack the other debater. at least you are consistent in your inability to be reasonable, I'll give you that.

as to the topic:

Beach Head

Falcon

Firelfy

Major Bludd

Shipwreck

fine, I'll bite.

it doesn't matter who has done what, what you did it here which is what is in question. trolling is defined as deliberately provoking arguments on newsgroups or bulletin boards, with no other intent than to gain attention for the sake of attention. your post had no relevance to the topic at hand and was not only an attempt to get attention but was admittedly meant to mock others opinion...that's trolling. at least you have admitted it.

All I'd have to do is complain that the weather sucks, and you'd be throwing a fit about it. You can make your case on the trolling crap if you want, but you're hardly in the best of positions to make it stick, without getting it all over yourself in the process.

that's right, keep displaying that awesome logic you always brilliantly use. the perfect ad hominem argument, when you have no substance to your position simply attack the other debater. at least you are consistent in your inability to be reasonable, I'll give you that.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to take notice to the fact that the handful of joecustoms rejects (of which YOU'RE included) have been some of the biggest troublemakers around here, in regards to giving me sh@# at every opportunity, to mouth off about my "logic" or lack-thereof, in expressing my opions of TOYS for the good or bad.

You've been a negative, personal-attacking wiseass since your first day here, and not just with me, but others as well. You have a cohort now, so you feel it's justified to push harder with it.

The charge fits, so wear it or change outfits.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to take notice to the fact that the handful of joecustoms rejects (of which YOU'RE included) have been some of the biggest troublemakers around here, in regards to giving me sh@# at every opportunity, to mouth off about my "logic" or lack-thereof, in expressing my opions of TOYS for the good or bad.

You've been a negative, personal-attacking wiseass since your first day here, and not just with me, but others as well. You have a cohort now, so you feel it's justified to push harder with it.

The charge fits, so wear it or change outfits.

I was a member here long before I ever posted at Joecustoms, so, no, the charge does not stick. once again, you don't know what you are talking about -- your trademark. you may post with well composed prose, but the ability to communicate dynamically and clear does not change that those posts consistently lack any substance or truth.

and I don't see any cohort, I have debated you independently of anyone elses posts and only quote our exchanges when in debate. I don't need anyone else to reveal you as the loud mouth, attention seeker who has to interject his own agenda in every thread he participates in, even when it is off topic. heck, you don't even need me to reveal you as that, you do it well enough on your own.

Anyway, I think the next five will be one less than the following list of seven...

Zartan

Firefly

Crimson Guard

Serpentor

General Hawk

Lady Jaye

Stalker

If Zartan doesn't turn blue I'm going to cry. I would love a red V1 Storm Shadow repaint almost more than a new figure. I'm a lil ninja crazy.

MOD EDIT: removed flame bait

Let me paraphrase

I would like to see Serpentor eventually, But he is not what i consider an "icon".

I grew up with the earlier characters. I would prefer to see early characters (Doc, Snow Job, Tripwire, Torpedo, etc.) with specific skills first.

Yeah same here. It's not like I don't want Serpentor, but he just doesn't seem like a 2007 figure. Maybe 2008-2009. When I look back at Serpentor I don't see an Icoic. I see a character that was rather silly and ushered the way for guys more like him, like Raptor and Crystal Ball. I mean he is a clone, what has a Pro Wrestler as part of his DNA make up, that dresses like a giant snake and rides around on a air chariot also shaped like a giant snake. That's kinda out there...even for GI Joe up to that point. Course this is all just my opinon. I know someone will come in here and tell me how great he was and how wrong I just think if he gets made and other more Iocnic guys are left on the drawing board because he is in there, that it would be a shame.

Let me paraphrase

I guess that's why I feel so different about Serpentor. True the concept behind him was a bit out there, but I never really enjoyed the earlier Joes as a kid. They were all kinda boring to me. I liked from 84 on. Those first two years didn't really do it for me. Although I prefered Doc to Lifeline, none of the other guys you mentioned would be big sellers for me. And while they might be appreciated by more collector oriented people, I don't think the masses would go for someone with as boring a mold as Torpedo when they could have the giant snake, Serpentor, himself. I really feel the majority of 83-83 figures will turn into shelf warmers (minus the Cobra soldiers of course). And with Snake Eyes probably set to dominate the case numbers, there'll be enough of him left to warm shelves, too.

Yeah same here. It's not like I don't want Serpentor, but he just doesn't seem like a 2007 figure. Maybe 2008-2009.

That'd be cool. But I won't be disappointed either if they do release him early.

When I look back at Serpentor I don't see an Icoic. I see a character that was rather silly and ushered the way for guys more like him, like Raptor and Crystal Ball. I mean he is a clone, what has a Pro Wrestler as part of his DNA make up, that dresses like a giant snake and rides around on a air chariot also shaped like a giant snake. That's kinda out there...even for GI Joe up to that point. Course this is all just my opinon. I know someone will come in here and tell me how great he was and how wrong I just think if he gets made and other more Iocnic guys are left on the drawing board because he is in there, that it would be a shame.

I just don't think he was utilized to his full potential. Not only that, but they'd ruin the storylines even if they tried. The toon version was kinda silly with all the screaming and the steroids and stuff. I liked the comic version, but IMO as an aggregate clone of all those conquerors, he should have completely taken over the world. He was more of a superhero villain really. I think they had to "dumb him down" a bit so the Joes could take him out.

Yeah, and turning him into a heavy to wrestle with Slaughter really was "out there" I agree. @haha@

-PJ

Well he wouldn't be the same if he didn't come with his Air Chariot. I mean 90% of the time you see him he is riding on that thing. So I'd rather see him packed in with that, then on a single card.

I liked Serpentor.

I never read the comics, and instead, only picked up on the cartoons every now and then, with the movie version being the stand out.

I thought it was pretty cool stuff for a kids cartoon, with all the celebrity voices and such. They gave it a LITTLE more edge than what I thought they put into the regular weekly cartoon. Although it was still a kids cartoon nonetheless, hence the elements that obviously appealed to the generation of'em at the time, like wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter, weird aliens, bugs etc... I thought it was a pretty good representation of what I thought G.I.Joe was all about (at the time).

I even have the DVD. ^_^

That being said however, I'm in the camp that would be content to have a few OTHER characters put into the 25th anniversary set, before Serpentor, like the mentioned Doc, Snow Job, Tripwire, Torpedo etc..

Not my exact choices, but bottom line of it, is a wish for some of the original lineup get a bit of recognition again, dead or otherwise.

If Serpentor makes the cut (and I believe he will) he DEFINITELY should have his Air Chariot. That would be awesome.

Not my exact choices.

So...........

Here's a "top" 5 just for you, Dano! @wink@

1. Gereatric Viper

2. Opinoinated Viper

3. "I Hate Rosie" Viper

4. Arguementitive Viper (featuring STFU NOOB sound attack)

And...................

5. O-Ring Viper

@smilepunch@ @loll@

On topic

Serpentor wouldn't be "Serpentor", Without his Chariot.

That was a big part of his "coolness" factor. Imo.

I'm actually a little disappointed it looks like the Viper won't be part of the last 10. My reasoning is the same that tells me there is no Spirit either. That if there was one they would have used the arms from that figure for Flint rather then Duke's. So no Spirit and no Viper which when I was kid where the two most iconic Joes for me.

I'd really like them to give the early female characters a revamp in classic form. We already got Scarlett

and Jaye shouldn't be far behind, Cover Girl would be good but her recent comic pack fig might stop that,

and a Jinx in red uniform with removable hood, like he rmovie counterpart would be neat to have i think.

(Come on Beachhead, lets see a Beachhead.)

AS for the Serpentor arguement, I never really understoiod the character except he was made because

not many people were happy with CC's leadership. He still has a place in my 'verse but he isn't in the spotlight

much at all. I've just never been fond of him and the first media I saw him in besides as a toy was in the movie

and screaming COBRA LALALALALALALALALALA didn't help his standings in my book.

Not my exact choices.

So...........

Here's a "top" 5 just for you, Dano! @wink@

1. Gereatric Viper

2. Opinoinated Viper

3. "I Hate Rosie" Viper

4. Arguementitive Viper (featuring STFU NOOB sound attack)

And...................

5. O-Ring Viper

@smilepunch@ @loll@

thumbup.gifYYYYES!

I'm actually a little disappointed it looks like the Viper won't be part of the last 10. My reasoning is the same that tells me there is no Spirit either. That if there was one they would have used the arms from that figure for Flint rather then Duke's. So no Spirit and no Viper which when I was kid where the two most iconic Joes for me.

Exactly!

Part in reason for being as disappointed and upset with the sleeve issue as I am. While it can be considered minor in just it's use for Flint (the entire Duke mold, with long sleeves and all) it suggests no OTHER figures will be made that would of had short sleeves to use, instead of Dukes, and you NAILED IT, with the fact that Spirit and even the Vipers had them (short sleeves that is).

Hindsight I guess.