JUST FOR FUN CONTEST! (no prize)

carlmule

this is just for fun... i dont have a prize to give away as I am a starving film maker.

who do u think will be the next 5 announced for the 25 figures? we all have made lists of who will be made ultimately, and we have 10 to go... so out of those 10... who is next?

I say:

major bludd

zartan

lady jaye

shipwreck

beachhead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say:

1. Duke repaint or version 2

2. Snake Eyes repaint or version 3

3. Storm Shadow repaint or version 3

4. Cobra Commander repaint or version 3

5. some new figure made up of parts from the previous ones

@loll@

Apparently....since shirts and pants are just "shirts and pants" and an unimportant feature of the characters, we may just be seeing a LOT more of Dukes mold with new heads.

OH...and a belt strap or two, to add some minor distinctions! @loll@

I say:

1. Duke repaint or version 2

2. Snake Eyes repaint or version 3

3. Storm Shadow repaint or version 3

4. Cobra Commander repaint or version 3

5. some new figure made up of parts from the previous ones

@loll@

Apparently....since shirts and pants are just "shirts and pants" and an unimportant feature of the characters, we may just be seeing a LOT more of Dukes mold with new heads.

Well in all fairness it could work. They could make a pretty decent Quarrel or Glenda from Scarlett, or a fairly decent Mistress Armada from the Baroness. Duke could be tweaked to produce Airborne.

Still, if they do repaints (and they WILL), then I hope they do stuff like Quarrel and Glenda. Probably not though. They'll play it safe and do more of the same characters that have already been done to death.

... back to the theads point

1. Lady Jaye

2. Beachead

3. Hawk

4. Firefly

5. Cobra Trooper

Beachead and firefly can share heads. trooper would be a straight rerelease and if more parts are needed dukes pants or the troopers pants could see another appearence.

I'd like a fair comprimise with quarrel why not paint the body too look like it, leave the hair red and have us another scarlet? custimizers could fix it if they want. I know that ties some people off but i think it would be the best of both worlds and our best shot at getting it.

Well in all fairness it could work. They could make a pretty decent Quarrel or Glenda from Scarlett, or a fairly decent Mistress Armada from the Baroness. Duke could be tweaked to produce Airborne.

Still, if they do repaints (and they WILL), then I hope they do stuff like Quarrel and Glenda. Probably not though. They'll play it safe and do more of the same characters that have already been done to death.

If Hasbro was going to throw in some International versions, for the hell of it, like doing a Quarrel or Glenda off the Scarlett mold, that's a little different, seeing how it was just the same mold they use anyway, back then, just repainted and renamed for use in Brazil or Argentina or something...

scarlettshg5.png

They'd be a fairly cool homage to the collecting community, who've chased after rare International figures like this.

Same thing with the Satan figure, just being a repaint of Storm Shadow...

stormiesbd2.png

How many here, would have rather just seen a straight repaint of the 25th anniv. Storm Shadow V1 as Satan, instead of the V2 SS they did?

How many here, would have rather just seen a straight repaint of the 25th anniv. Storm Shadow V1 as Satan, instead of the V2 SS they did?

not me, I would much rather have v2. and I am sure when consumers voice their opinions with their purchases, it will be seen that they too don't mind the v2 repaints. v2 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are going to have so much more of an appeal to the casual Joe or toy collector than internatrional repaints that only hardcore Joe fans know exist. it would be absolutely asinine for Hasbro to release these niche characters so early into the line which is meant to attract consumers based on nostalgia or new collectors (including kids) based on the new dynamic figures themselves. releasing v2's appeals to both those two groups, but international variants eliminates one half of them. which do you think is better for the future success of the Joe line, a potential consumer base that is twice as large or half as large?

not that you have ever debated such so don't take it as an attack, but the online vocal dissenters, such as yourself, really are an irrellevant percentage of the Joe and overall toy market. so, while you are really loud on chat boards, debating practices that do make sense but just don't appeal to your wants, which are more than likely in the minroity, your opinions about character and mold decisions don't mean anything to Hasbro and have no effect on the overall bottom line of Joe sales.

perhaps that is why you are such a grump. you know you will never have it your way, so your only recourse is to be as critical as possible even when your arguments make no sense and are only critical for arguments sake. @firedevil@

not me, I would much rather have v2 and I am sure when consumers voice their opinions with their purchases, it will be seen that they too don't mind the v2 repaints. v2 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are going to have so much more of an appeal to the casual Joe or toy collector than internatrional repaints that only hardcore Joe fans know exist.

I wouldn't prefer either, and instead..would rather have 25 unique characters without repeats, retools or 2nd versions, as that's been my stance all along.

From what I've been reading HERE, on these forums, I've seen some mention of the International versions I sited above, and I've also read some OTHER complaints on the use of the V1 molds for the V2's with mere repaints or new head sculpts, so that's where the question derived from, not my OWN preference.

not that you have ever debated such so don't take it as an attack, but the online vocal dissenters, such as yourself, really are an irrellevant percentage of the Joe and overall toy market. so, while you are really loud on chat boards, debating practices that do make sense but just don't appeal to your wants, which are more than likely in the minroity, your opinions about character and mold decisions don't mean anything to Hasbro and have no effect on the overall bottom line of Joe sales.

One would certainly THINK so, but with the way we few dissenters are treated, personally insulted and mouthed off to, you'd have to wonder sometimes? ;)

If we're irrellevant, we're pretty much harmless in the grand scheme of things, other than going poo poo on the occasional emotional party at hand.

perhaps that is why you are such a grump. you know you will never have it your way, so your only recourse is to be as critical as possible even when your arguments make no sense and are only critical for arguments sake. @firedevil@

Should I be lying down for this evaluation? Dr. Lipshitz? @smilepunch@

I actually think my complaints or gripes, and mere concerns make PERFECT sense. I don't see what's wrong with challenging others explainations as to WHY Hasbro does the things they do, that obviously not ALL of us are happy with.

In my years of being online with this hobby, I've learned that there are a lot of fans who are full of it, and/or take statements made by some Hasbro rep at a convention and run 500 miles with it, and most times, in ends up being debunked somehow, so it's been a LEARNED skepticism my friend, not just something I've decided to do for shitz and giggles as you would charge me with.

wo wo wo... guys... i reaaaaaally dont think the next wave will have any repaints. hasbro isn't that dumb. this line is gonna rock. so keep a good spirit and lets just have some fun guessing which of our favorite characters could get updates as good as the ones we've seen.

ignore the 5 packs for a second. if you JUST saw wave 1 you would all be raving about it. we only think hasbro is cutting corners because we've seen how perfect the 5 packs are. yeah, wave 1 isn't perfect, but it's still GREAT.

now, back to the actual point of the thread.... gosh i want me a new card accurate shipwreck to hang around the comic pack covergirl goddess. :)

wo wo wo... guys... i reaaaaaally dont think the next wave will have any repaints. hasbro isn't that dumb. this line is gonna rock. so keep a good spirit and lets just have some fun guessing which of our favorite characters could get updates as good as the ones we've seen.

ignore the 5 packs for a second. if you JUST saw wave 1 you would all be raving about it. we only think hasbro is cutting corners because we've seen how perfect the 5 packs are. yeah, wave 1 isn't perfect, but it's still GREAT.

now, back to the actual point of the thread.... gosh i want me a new card accurate shipwreck to hang around the comic pack covergirl goddess. :)

Disagree. If we ONLY had Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow version 2, I'd STILL be complaining because they aren't correct. They are version 1s with different heads.

But I digress. Just had to get that out of the way.

The last 10?

Rock & Roll (Snake Eyes body with bullet bandoleers across the chest)

IG Destro (Destro body with a cape and gold head)

Zartan (Gung-Ho body)

Viper (Cobra body)

Crimson Guard (Cobra Commander body)

Heavy Duty (Roadblock body with a headscarf)

Snake Eyes version 3 (Snake Eyes body with non-removable knife straps over the chest)

Stalker (Snake Eyes body)

Falcon (Duke body with a neck scarf)

Firefly (Storm Shadow body)

I thought about B.A.T., but that would probably require an actual new mold.

I actually think my complaints or gripes, and mere concerns make PERFECT sense. I don't see what's wrong with challenging others explainations as to WHY Hasbro does the things they do, that obviously not ALL of us are happy with.

In my years of being online with this hobby, I've learned that there are a lot of fans who are full of it, and/or take statements made by some Hasbro rep at a convention and run 500 miles with it, and most times, in ends up being debunked somehow, so it's been a LEARNED skepticism my friend, not just something I've decided to do for shitz and giggles as you would charge me with.

of course they make sense. take the Flint sleeve argument. there is no doubt that to make a perfectly v1 accurate new sculpt Fint he needs short leeves. no debating that. but to make a perfectly fine v1 style new sculpt Flint, which these new figures are, you don't. having longer sleeves is the equivalent of Scarlett not having her wrist pistol. it is just a small detail that is only meaningful to a small segment of customers, you being one of them. yes, it makes sense, yes it is a big deal to you, yes you are absolutely justified in not liking it.

but is not making 100% exact v1 replica new sculpt figures or reusing parts really a slight on Hasbro's part or an affront on the die hard fans, or even worse, an insult to the characters -- which could also simply be described as nothing more than articulated pieces of plastic? the rationale part of me tends to think no.

thanks rama sha, draven. its nice to get good responses.

What, you don't like the sarcasm? :P

MOST of what I picked is "accurate" for whom I think we will see. And I see nothing wrong with "suggesting" body reuses. It isn't like it would be something NEW *coughFlintcough*, *coughSnake Eyescough*, *coughStom Shadowcough*, *coughCobra Commandercough*, *coughCobra Officercough*.

Rock & Roll (Snake Eyes body with bullet bandoleers across the chest)

IG Destro (Destro body with a cape and gold head)

Zartan (Gung-Ho body)

Viper (Cobra body)

Crimson Guard (Cobra Commander body)

Heavy Duty (Roadblock body with a headscarf)

Snake Eyes version 3 (Snake Eyes body with non-removable knife straps over the chest)

Stalker (Snake Eyes body)

Falcon (Duke body with a neck scarf)

Firefly (Storm Shadow body)

B.A.T.

Beach Head

Life Line

Lady Jaye

Stalker

Viper (with removable helmet)

Zap (with little moustache)

Rock & Roll (Snake Eyes' body with detachable bandolier straps)

-PJ

Wouldn't Snake Eyes Body work for Stalker & Zap as well? Triple savings! ;)

Lady Jaye

Stalker

Viper (with removable helmet)

Zap (with little moustache)

Rock & Roll (Snake Eyes' body with detachable bandolier straps)

-PJ

Wouldn't Snake Eyes Body work for Stalker & Zap as well? Triple savings! ;)

Nope nope.

Because I said so. :P

-PJ

Sure they would!

If they were to do Stalker, Zap, Rock-N-Roll, Grunt, Hawk, Clutch or Breaker (and those types of characters) for the 25th, in their original appearances...?

I'd have NO complaint against them using the "standardized uniforms" like what they had originally, like this..

joelineupis0.png

They did this already with the comic 3-packs, using the same body mold for Stalker and Hawk, but it works because that's the way it was to begin with.

I'd LOVE to see them redo some of the characters I listed above, in this manner. That's why the issue of including V2 of CC, SE & SS in the 25th set is such an "issue" for me. It limits the possibility of getting one of these guys even moreso. :(

Yep...using Stalkers body, to do this, for these other characters, would work just fine!

snakeeyesartzw4.png