Crimson Twins

Well, in my other post, there was about 9 other people that said they would be willing to join, plus myself makes 10. I think that's a pretty good start, and a good enough indication that maybe I should get this thing started. So, if you've already read the other post here:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2033399

And would like to join up, please put your info in this format:

Character's Name

Figure's name if using an official Joe figure, or simply put custom if you're doing a custom of your guy.

Fighting Style (this can be generic i.e. brawler, martial artist, or it can be modeled after a real wrestler)

Finishing Move (what it's called, and how does it work? If it's already a current wrestling move, just list that name)

Weight Class: Lightweight, Light Heavyweight, Heavyweight

Preference: Singles or Tag Team (you will not be 'locked in' to either of these should you change your mind later)

Heel or Face: Bad guy or good guy?

Also, if you would like to submit two characters, please include the same info for both. If you submit two characters that you would like to act as a tag team, please specify somewhere in your post. In addition, characters that are going to be package solely as a tag team, will be counted as one character, and thus, you can have 4 characters if you submit 2 tag teams.

Let's see how many people we can get to sign up, and then maybe I can make things official and give everyone more info on an official start date. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Rhyno

Custom figure

Technical(Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Edge)

Standing finisher: Rhyno-plex (Northern Lights Suplex)

Ground Finisher: Crash of Rhynos(liontamer/walls of Jericho)

Light Heavyweight

Face

Singles

The set up to my finisher was the spear.. and I had other crap like that.. but i cant think of the goofy names I gave them right now.. so I'll edit it later...

name: Dirty Olaf

figure:custom

fighting style: brawler

finishing move:the candy gram (basicly fist to the chest while kneeling beside an opponent who is lying on the mat.)

heavywieght (think andre/ bruiser brody size wise.)

a heel like none other. after he wins a match, he goes into the crowd and body slams the nearest geriatric or viper hunter if he's close ;)

TM

Name: Silas "The Virus"

Figure: Custom

Fight Style: Mixed (RVD and Sandman, can go tech/high spots and brawl)

Finisher: "The Cure" (Cobra Clutch)

Finisher 2: BrainBuster DDT

Weight Class: Heavyweight (Edge/Cena/RVD)

A tweener, easily manipulated, very vicious, think Cactus Jack and Mankind.

Name: Slan

Figure: Custom

Fight Style: Power (Kane, Bataista, Brock)

Finisher: Decapatation (Big Boot to the Face)

Finisher 2: Cross Power Bomb

Weight Class: Heavyweight

Slan may not be my second guy, I have another in mind just need to try and get the right parts, he would be a heel like Slan, but a cruiserweight.

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Sign me up.

Here's my stats on my wrestler:

Name: Heat Seeker

Custom figure

Style: Technical/Brawling

Taunt: Raises fists in the air like Steve Austin as part of his entrance and victory taunt

Finisher: Missile dropkick

Division: cruiserweight, though technically he can fight for the heavyweight championship

Tag or single: Can be in a tag team or fight singles competition

Face or heel: Face

Entrance music: Chris Sabin's current theme

Favorite quote: "If you can't take the heat, you're gonna get beat."

Most likely rival: Silas the Virus

Titles held: X-Division title in TNA, cruiserweight championship in WWE

Spending a little bit of money today on a ring, props, barriers and such. Hopefully shipping will be fairly quick and I can get some stuff set up soon. I'll have to give the ring a custom paint job, and maybe the barriers, too. Also, I was able to procure something that might be a first for Joe wrestling (I'm not sure what all they've done in JCW). Cage match, anyone? Actually, it's about the size of the cell from the Hell in a Cell matches. I've also been working on a nice little stage entrance with lighting effects. Nothing too spectacular, but better than average.

Something else I might need volunteers for. Would anyone be interested in doing the play by play and/or color commentary? For some reason I could see FroJoe and TM sitting ringside at the announce table.

So, just some minor updates as to what I've been doing on my end. I'd really like to make something that looks like it's 100% top quality that others would like to be a part of.

JFAK/ aka Keenan

Custom

keenanselfcustom01xn7.th.jpg

picture227jy9.th.jpg

picture226yf6.th.jpg

picture228ri7.th.jpg

picture229hq6.th.jpg

Fighting Style: Technical/ Brawler

Finishing Move: (My finisher is a spear followed by a pile-driver)I like power moves, so this combo really does it for me. And I've yet to have a person kick out.

Preference: Singles

Face: But the right events could make me change.

Here's an interview with my character (From the JCW Wrestling federation)

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW--JFAK075

•How did you get your name?

It was actually my applicant number for tryouts with the WWC wrestling federation. It's my initials and zip code.

•Bit of back ground, please? •Is there a wrestling tradition in your family or are you the first?

Well, I came from a wrestling family. It's in my blood: My grandfather was the original "Masked Wrestler" and went pro at the age of 17. He captured his first wold title at 20. And went on to win another 7 titles throughout his career.

My dad, Keenan Sr., was an all-American wrestler in high-school and college. A near fatal car accident kept him from competing in the Olympics and pros, which devastated him.

I began my wrestling training at the age of 3. Learning technical moves and what-not. I debuted on a minor circuit- the WWC, in New York City, at 14- as "Masked Wrestler II". But this was short lived, as the gimmick did not take off. And at 145 pounds, I quickly found myself playing the roll of jobber. I quit after three years. I felt I learned all I could there. But I never stopped training. I hit the gym, and bulked up.

•Did you have any jobs other than wrestling prior to JCW? If so, please describe.

Yeah, I worked in customer relations, which I believe taught me mental tolerance needed when facing an opponent in the ring. I've seen a lot of good wrestlers miss out because they weren't mentally prepared.

•How is your health through this point in the JCW season?

Well, Jimmyboy, I haven't even wrestled a match yet. But I did just recover from a knee injury that had me out for six months. It feels pretty good now. I don't see it becoming an issue.

•How do you go about preparing for a match—both physically and mentally?

Physically, I train with people of various skill levels. I try and find sparring partners similar in size and style to whoever I'm training for. And I do a lot of swimming.

Right before the match, I just try and stay relaxed and loose. I usually do some push-ups, crunches- you know that sort of thing to get the blood flowing.

Mentally, I try to focus on my opponent. I go over scenarios of the match. I don't drive myself nuts though. Also, it helps knowing I usually have the fans behind me.

•Who do you feel is your biggest rival?

Well, right now, everyone. I'm the new guy.

•Who has your back?

It's hard to say, since I haven't wrestled a single match yet. Though I'd think Kilcarr is one guy I can count on.

•How did you develop your signature finishing move? Any story behind it?

(My finisher is a spear followed by a pile-driver)I like power moves, so this combo really does it for me. And I've yet to have a person kick out.

•Big Tex Wild Phil indicated to me in chat that he will win the Custom Battle Royal—your thoughts?

I wish him the best of luck. There's a lot of talent in the JCW right now, so I don't see this being easy for anyone. Could be anyone's night- even Phil's.

•Canada—what’s it all about?

I don't know. Strange phrases, maple syrup and weird looking currency? Man, I've no idea.

•PS3, Wii, or 360?

No doubt the 360. I finally got one a few months back- while recovering from that knee injury. Just wish I had more time to play it now. But . . . not enough that I'd want to be back on the shelf. Ya dig?

•Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

Haven't we all at one time or another?

•How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood??

•Is there something you want to share with the fans?

Just to let them, and everyone in the JCW know, that I'm here to fulfill my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion.

Thanks for your time!

JFAK/ aka Keenan

Custom

keenanselfcustom01xn7.th.jpg

picture227jy9.th.jpg

picture226yf6.th.jpg

picture228ri7.th.jpg

picture229hq6.th.jpg

Fighting Style: Technical/ Brawler

Finishing Move: (My finisher is a spear followed by a pile-driver)I like power moves, so this combo really does it for me. And I've yet to have a person kick out.

Face: But the right events could make me change.

Here's an interview with my character (From the JCW Wrestling federation)

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW--JFAK075

•How did you get your name?

It was actually my applicant number for tryouts with the WWC wrestling federation. It's my initials and zip code.

•Bit of back ground, please? •Is there a wrestling tradition in your family or are you the first?

Well, I came from a wrestling family. It's in my blood: My grandfather was the original "Masked Wrestler" and went pro at the age of 17. He captured his first wold title at 20. And went on to win another 7 titles throughout his career.

My dad, Keenan Sr., was an all-American wrestler in high-school and college. A near fatal car accident kept him from competing in the Olympics and pros, which devastated him.

I began my wrestling training at the age of 3. Learning technical moves and what-not. I debuted on a minor circuit- the WWC, in New York City, at 14- as "Masked Wrestler II". But this was short lived, as the gimmick did not take off. And at 145 pounds, I quickly found myself playing the roll of jobber. I quit after three years. I felt I learned all I could there. But I never stopped training. I hit the gym, and bulked up.

•Did you have any jobs other than wrestling prior to JCW? If so, please describe.

Yeah, I worked in customer relations, which I believe taught me mental tolerance needed when facing an opponent in the ring. I've seen a lot of good wrestlers miss out because they weren't mentally prepared.

•How is your health through this point in the JCW season?

Well, Jimmyboy, I haven't even wrestled a match yet. But I did just recover from a knee injury that had me out for six months. It feels pretty good now. I don't see it becoming an issue.

•How do you go about preparing for a match—both physically and mentally?

Physically, I train with people of various skill levels. I try and find sparring partners similar in size and style to whoever I'm training for. And I do a lot of swimming.

Right before the match, I just try and stay relaxed and loose. I usually do some push-ups, crunches- you know that sort of thing to get the blood flowing.

Mentally, I try to focus on my opponent. I go over scenarios of the match. I don't drive myself nuts though. Also, it helps knowing I usually have the fans behind me.

•Who do you feel is your biggest rival?

Well, right now, everyone. I'm the new guy.

•Who has your back?

It's hard to say, since I haven't wrestled a single match yet. Though I'd think Kilcarr is one guy I can count on.

•How did you develop your signature finishing move? Any story behind it?

(My finisher is a spear followed by a pile-driver)I like power moves, so this combo really does it for me. And I've yet to have a person kick out.

•Big Tex Wild Phil indicated to me in chat that he will win the Custom Battle Royal—your thoughts?

I wish him the best of luck. There's a lot of talent in the JCW right now, so I don't see this being easy for anyone. Could be anyone's night- even Phil's.

•Canada—what’s it all about?

I don't know. Strange phrases, maple syrup and weird looking currency? Man, I've no idea.

•PS3, Wii, or 360?

No doubt the 360. I finally got one a few months back- while recovering from that knee injury. Just wish I had more time to play it now. But . . . not enough that I'd want to be back on the shelf. Ya dig?

•Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

Haven't we all at one time or another?

•How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood??

•Is there something you want to share with the fans?

Just to let them, and everyone in the JCW know, that I'm here to fulfill my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion.

Thanks for your time!

I love it. Ultimately, I would like to have a post filled with this type of info on everyone along with pics of their wrestler in action, and a list of all the titles they've held in the fed. A brief history of what they've done in the fed would be nice, too.

OK, I am in, I will post my information on my character tomorrow.

Cool. Good to see more people joining up. I can't wait until everything arrives and I can start getting some pics posted of the set up.

Also, I think the first thing to do for the TNWO is to declare a number one contender to Black Cobra's World Heavyweight belt, and also declare the other champions. I think there is an easy way to take care of all of this in one shot. Anyone down for a Battle Royal? I know it's early to even start talking about matches since most of us don't have our guys ready to go, but my creative juices are flowing now, and I just haveto share some of my ideas or I might burst.

Character's Name : El Montanya (The Mountain)

Figure's name : Major Barrage with Black Pants.

Fighting Style: Brawler/Power Grappler - Agile

Finishing Move : Gord Buster modified into a head first suplex driver

Heel or Face: Heel Founder of the C.O.U.P. - Confederacy Of Unmoderated Posters. Accepting membership to rule the TNWO thru ANY means necessary

Will Post Pics Tomorrow

I was gonna say Battle Royal or tournament... best way to get some sort of ranking would be tourney.. then you can actually have a win-loss record and keep track of that too..

I'm not sure I know how to run a tournament. Maybe someone could help me. @smilepunch@

Would you like that in single or double elimination? The only draw back for the tournament is that you need to have the numbers right. 8, 16, 32, 64... I think for the start we can get about 16 in there. That's of course 16 not including the Black Cobra, the default champion. Don't worry guys, he's not going to have a Hoganesque run as champ.

Another idea to toss around: I was thinking about having the Crimson Twins in their business suits acting as the General Managers of the 'show'. They have that GM business type look about them.

CT i havent mailed your parts out yet....cause ..well....im a slow ass! anyway ill mail em out early next week and ill include my wrestler and bonus surprise for ya! was going to write this in a PM but i was in this thread and thought wtf! :)

TM

Character's Name: The Eternal

Figure's name if using an official Joe figure, or simply put custom if you're doing a custom of your guy. Custom

Fighting Style (this can be generic i.e. brawler, martial artist, or it can be modeled after a real wrestler) (Raven esq)

Finishing Move (what it's called, and how does it work? If it's already a current wrestling move, just list that name) The Trail of Tears, (Powerbomb, pick opponent up and then giving them a death valley driver)

Weight Class: Lightweight, Light Heavyweight, Heavyweight Heavyweight

Preference: Singles or Tag Team (you will not be 'locked in' to either of these should you change your mind later) Singles

Heel or Face: Bad guy or good guy? Heel

Also, if you would like to submit two characters, please include the same info for both. If you submit two characters that you would like to act as a tag team, please specify somewhere in your post. In addition, characters that are going to be package solely as a tag team, will be counted as one character, and thus, you can have 4 characters if you submit 2 tag teams.

Do you allow stables?

CT i havent mailed your parts out yet....cause ..well....im a slow ass! anyway ill mail em out early next week and ill include my wrestler and bonus surprise for ya! was going to write this in a PM but i was in this thread and thought wtf! :)

TM

Sure, no problem. I'm still waiting on those other two gas cans fromthat auction. If there's no progress by Monday, I'll send what I've got.

Looking forward to seeing your wrestler. And always looking forward to surprises!

And back on topic, I've decided to up the number of wrestlers per person to four max. Just remember, if you do four, you'll have an active role in all four of those guys character development. I think I'm going to submit another one shortly. My Night Force Link looks like he would make the perfect lackey for Black Cobra. There's a good storyline there that I could really run with.

Also, assuming this gets up and going, our first 'show' will feature the big tournament to determine the number one contender. Plus, there will be a big surprise involving the World Title that only a few people behind the scenes know about.

It's funny getting this excited about everything, and the ring hasn't even arrived yet. I'll be busy this weekend putting everything else together, and might even take some pics.

so has the ring arrived? lol, also have you invited people from all different boards? @firedevil@ Like you could have stables and factions. TNI vs DEVILS DUE vs Joe Sightings vs JOE CUSTOMS vs YO!! JOE!!! vs GI JOE CC vs JOE CANUCK vs SO CAL DREADNOKS vs NYC VIPERS vs ..etc you get my point lol.

and your could make banners (like sponserships) mauraders inc, or other stuff @loll@

I like the ideas of having the SoCal noks and the NY Vipers as stables.. but the other boards.. if they do, would have to be different "feds"- Like JC has the JCW, and Good To Go might start their own... if other board members signed up, I'd say just have them be part of TnWo... It would be cool down the road if there was inter-board relations and cross promotional PPVs..lol.. or we can act like the WWF in the 80s and act like they dont even exist.. @loll@

I think we'll probably have to see how it plays out... we're at I think 15-16(if I counted right) members... looking good!!!

or we can act like the WWF in the 80s and act like they dont even exist.. @loll@

What? There's other Joe wrestling feds? I thought this was an original idea. There can't be any other feds out there. They simply do not exist.

But as you were saying for the SoCal and NY guys, those would both make great factions within the TnWo. As for cross promotion PPV's and such, let's just wait to see how far we get. And for that matter, how far the 'competition' gets before we start working with anyone. I know GTG had said they might be interested if they can get their UFC thing started. That would be interesting to intermix with the Toughman division I have planned.