when do we see the next 5 figures?

carlmule

any word when we will see the next 5? or even know who they are? do we have to wait until SDCC and if so, when is that?

can't wait to see zartan! (and no, i have no proof that he will be one of the 25, but if he's not, then hell will freeze over)

Just as soon as they figure out WHO all they can make, out of the existing molds they got!

wink.gif

As long as I can get a Beachhead, Airtight, and Wet-Suit... I will be very happy! :)

yea i gotta agree. wetsuit and especially airtight are far off... beachhead is a sure thing, especially if they end up doing more than 25 eventually... he seems like he'd at least make it into the first wave after the original 25!

well, i hope so at least!!!!

Just as soon as they figure out WHO all they can make, out of the existing molds they got!

wink.gif

Tiger Force Duke, Flint, and Roadblock.

Python Patrol Soldier and Officer.

There's your 5.

wink.gif

Hmmm.

Heres a short list of what I could see them trying...

Major Bludd - Cobra Trooper body, new head, new chest plate gear, add on arm attachments.

Stalker - Snake Eyes body, Flint head with a mustache painted on.

Zartan - Gung-Ho body, new head, new chest and leg plates

Destro V2 - Cobra Commander body, Destro head

Snake Eyes V4 - Snake Eyes body and head, new chest gear.

BeachHead - Snake Eyes body, new head, new chest gear.

Firefly - Snake Eyes body, new head(maybe the same as BeachHead's), new chest gear.

Rock&Roll(and practically any figure from 1982) - Snake Eyes body, new head, new chest gear. For figures like Flash or Grand Slam, you would need also need new leg and arm plates.

Rock&Roll V2 - Duke body, new head, new chest gear.

Doc - Duke body, new head, new chest gear.

I could probably go on, and on. The Snake Eyes body and Cobra trooper body are plain enough to get alot of use I think. Hopefully they have some more new bodies to show, who knows though.

@loll@ You guys are scaring me!

SERIOUSLY!! Cut it out! You're giving them WAAAAAY too many ideas! @smilepunch@

wink.gif

Python Patrol Soldier and Officer.

If the line goes beyond 07' (i hope), I'd really like to see those two.

Guest McBragg

I imagine the next waves will be....

Ninja Force Storm Shadow (repaint of single card 1988 version)

1991 Snake Eyes (repaint of 5 pack Snake-Eyes)

Falcon (repaint of Flint with awesome new scarf!)

"Hey, the characters are very similar" says a defensive fan.

1994 Cobra Commander (In black, who cares if the boots are wrong!)

"Sure it's not accurate, but it looks great" claims a bootlicker fan.

Gung-Ho (in classic baby blue)

the 3rd and final wave.

Beach-Head (new head on Snake Eyes! With awesome flak vest that in everyway interferes with torso articulation!)

"It was way generous that Hasbro went the extra mile and sculpted an ALL NEW HEAD for this figure" says some super fanboy.

Firefly, (repaint of Beach-Head but with a different machine gun and backpack.)

"Hey at least we are getting different character now" says overly optimistic collector!

Duke (repaint of DUKE in 1994 colors with a new helmet AWESOME...)

Zartan (Duke's head with face paint, a new hood on Gung-Ho body with a new chest plate replacing the vest)

"It makes sense to use duke's head, Zartan is a master of disguise" quips "i'll buy anything' fan.

Destro (in 1997 colors with Pimp Daddy Destro chase variant)

"We should thank hasbro for paying attention to the cult 'pimp daddy Destro' figure" says some strange fan.

the 3rd and final wave.

Beach-Head (new head on Snake Eyes! With awesome flak vest that in everyway interferes with torso articulation!)

"It was way generous that Hasbro went the extra mile and sculpted an ALL NEW HEAD for this figure" says some super fanboy.

"Hey at least we are getting different character now" says overly optimistic collector!

Zartan (Duke's head with face paint, a new hood on Gung-Ho body with a new chest plate replacing the vest)

"It makes sense to use duke's head, Zartan is a master of disguise" quips "i'll buy anything' fan.

"We should thank hasbro for paying attention to the cult 'pimp daddy Destro' figure" says some strange fan.

@loll@

Best post ever!

This is what happens when you ask a simple question. San Diego Comic Con is July 26-29, with a preview night on the 25th. My guess is we will see we may see close to the whole line before Comic Con because the line is set to launch shortly there after. As for who will be in it and what they will look like feel free to join in the wild speculation.

the 3rd and final wave.

The sad thing is Hasbro would do it to us. @smilepunch@

Hmmm.

Heres a short list of what I could see them trying...

Major Bludd - Cobra Trooper body, new head, new chest plate gear, add on arm attachments.

Stalker - Snake Eyes body, Flint head with a mustache painted on.

Zartan - Gung-Ho body, new head, new chest and leg plates

Destro V2 - Cobra Commander body, Destro head

Snake Eyes V4 - Snake Eyes body and head, new chest gear.

BeachHead - Snake Eyes body, new head, new chest gear.

Firefly - Snake Eyes body, new head(maybe the same as BeachHead's), new chest gear.

Rock&Roll(and practically any figure from 1982) - Snake Eyes body, new head, new chest gear. For figures like Flash or Grand Slam, you would need also need new leg and arm plates.

Rock&Roll V2 - Duke body, new head, new chest gear.

Doc - Duke body, new head, new chest gear.

I could probably go on, and on. The Snake Eyes body and Cobra trooper body are plain enough to get alot of use I think. Hopefully they have some more new bodies to show, who knows though.

Actually...

except for Destro V2 and Roadblock V2,

...the rest make perfect sense to me. In a good way, too.

I don't really care if they reuse parts, as long as the final product looks decent enough. With the introduction of "add-on gear", Hasbro should be able to use the same molds several times and that would be perfectly fine, since these new accessories are where they'll be investing their "new molds" fund :P This new add-on gear feature is what made Flint possible (a welcome surprise in my very humble opinion).

Your logic is impressive. Spock would be proud!

As long as I can get a Beachhead, Airtight, and Wet-Suit... I will be very happy! :)

If we get a Barbecue, we will get an Airtight.

as for beachhead and wet-suit, I doubt it. We havent even got an Torpedo, yet. why would they make a wetsuit before Torpedo?

Besides, it looks like a classic line.

I don't really care if they reuse parts, as long as the final product looks decent enough. With the introduction of "add-on gear", Hasbro should be able to use the same molds several times and that would be perfectly fine, since these new accessories are where they'll be investing their "new molds" fund :P This new add-on gear feature is what made Flint possible (a welcome surprise in my very humble opinion).

Your logic is impressive. Spock would be proud!

If you want interchangeable "gear" as a means to distinguish between characters, the 12" line is awesome for it.

Same basic body mold for ALL the figures, with only some hair color or new head sculpt to differentiate them. We just "dress" them up in all the right "gear" for who we want them to be. ^_^

The 3 3/4" Joe line moved away from that aspect, (dressing them up) by only having backpacks and weapons be the interchangeable parts, and they eventually got into more creative and ORIGINAL body molds than what they started out with, and by '85/ '86 were kicking into high gear in popularity.

A reuse of a pair of legs or arms here, and waist piece there, is ONE thing...

ENTIRE body molds are another, and a practice I'm not liking one bit, for something as special and highly anticipated as a 25th anniversary of the CLASSICS.

I would not want a standard body for them, with "gear" to cover them up with. Some of it is ok, but for the scale they are, it's not practical nor appealing in it's appearance. They look too clunky.

Well, the next five are in, and i'm pissed. i think that the snake eyes and cobra commander version two look cool. and i think they should have chosen those designs instead of the version ones. but WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP MAKING SNAKES EYES, COBRA COMMANDER AND STORM SHADOW?!?!?!? I was an ideadlist i guess. i really thought hasbro wouldn't screw us on this line. i really thought that it was a line for old school fans and not little kids. guess i was wrong. long live hasblow.

Well, the next five are in, and i'm pissed. i think that the snake eyes and cobra commander version two look cool. and i think they should have chosen those designs instead of the version ones. but WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP MAKING SNAKES EYES, COBRA COMMANDER AND STORM SHADOW?!?!?!?

I sincerely believe that they did it because alot of fans grew up with one version of a character or the other, but not both. In fact, I didn't grow up with anyone that had both SEs or CCs. As for myself, I was never even able to get any of the popular figs.

Other than that, I also think there's many reasons for Hasbro's decision when you look at each character individually.

- Many collectors consider having both CCs a must because he switches headgear so frequently. So naturally, he gets two. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

- On nearly all the fanboards I've been to over the years, there's always a split vote between "Strictly-Commando-Snake-Eyes" and the "More-Ninja-fortified-Snake-Eyes."

So to satisfy the diverse collector base, he gets two.

- My first Storm Shadow was v.2, because v.1 was actually HTF even back in the day. Also, many collectors like him better as a Joe or Hama-inspired rogue operative (more character development that way).

To support this POV, I must also necessarily believe that Hasbro has not devoted a strict "25-figure limit," or even a strict limit at all. Sure, this is just a guess on my part.

But then speculation is always a gamble, innit? ;)

-PJ

as for beachhead and wet-suit, I doubt it. We havent even got an Torpedo, yet. why would they make a wetsuit before Torpedo?

Besides, it looks like a classic line.

We're also getting an 88 Storm Shadow before other more prominant 84 and 85 figures. And if Draven is correct (which I suspect he is) we're getting SERPENTOR before characters like Firefly, Dial-Tone, Dusty, or Shipwreck.

The biggest reasons I see for us getting Wetsuit and not Torpedo are:

Trademarks= Wetsuit is easier to secure and is IN USE, thus the name will be easier to use than reregistering Chief Torpedo (which last I knew, had expired)

Character Recognition= Wetsuit was heavily featured in the second season of the cartoon, more so than Torpedo was in previous seasons. He also saw greater character reuse than Torpedo. At this stage, Wetsuit is largely the more prominant Joe diver