The Following Announcement Has Been Paid for by the TnWo

Crimson Twins

S5000496.jpg

"Good day ladies and gentlemen. My name is the Black Cobra. I'm sure many of you are wondering what I am doing here holding this championship belt. The answer is simple. I am here to present a challenge to all of you out there."

S5000498.jpg

"You see, not too long ago, I offered up my services to another Joe oriented wrestling federation, but my challenges fell on deaf ears. It seems that over there, they lack direction and commitment. Or perhaps they are just scared of what I can do."

S5000497.jpg

"So here I am, ready to present to you all a challenge. I am willing to start my own Joe wrestling organization here, the likes of which none of you have seen before. I present to you the TnWo. The Toy News Wrestling Organization. It is not for the weak of heart. This is not the crybaby league that you've all grown accustomed to. This will not be some upstart organization that lasts a few hot days, and fizzles off into oblivion. I am willing to give my blood, sweat, and tears to see that this organization is here to stay. All I need now is YOU. If you're willing to come down that aisle and accept the challenge, then I will give you the promise of fame, fortune and everything you ever imagined. All you have to do is be willing to work for it."

S5000497.jpg

"Are you willing to join me?"

Ok, so, yeah, maybe I spent too much time coming up with this guy when I should have been working on JoeRhyno's custom contest entries. Either way, the challenge laid down by the Black Cobra is legit. I'd be willing to run a Joe based / Custom based figure wrestling federation on here. Of course, there would have to be enough interest in it for me to dedicate the time to it.

So, if you are interested, please post here and let me know your thoughts. I'd also be willing to answer any questions you might have.

I'm in.. only if you have a real ring though... @hmmm@

If we get enough people down, I will make it a priority to have one of those Mucha Lucha rings. I am already requesting shipping quotes from several online retailers right now. Hopefully, if shipping isn't too outrageous, I'll have the ring up, customized, and running by the end of this weekend.

not sure i understand how this works?

TM

OK, here's a quick run down.

Step 1)

Let me know that you'd be interested in having yourself immortalized as a wrestler in plastic Joe form.

Step 2)

We get enough people that want to join, then we move on to step 3.

Step 3)

You choose which figure you would like to represent you (or your character i.e. I'm not exactly known as the Bllack Cobra, but that would be my figure). Customs are allowed, but they would have to be mailed to me so they can be used in the official ring. If you want them returned when all is said and done, that's no problem.

Step 4)

I would do the majority of the script writing (but would allow for user promos) in which I will have ongoing storylines featuring all the characters and it would run very similar to an actual wrestling show.

Step 4b) There would be pics of the matches that I would post here as the story is being told. Of course, like real wrestling, the matches outcome is predetermined for the betterment of the overall storyline.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Any more questions, feel free to ask me.

Of course, like real wrestling, the matches outcome is predetermined for the betterment of the overall storyline.

Wait... Are you saying that wrestling is not real?!? :blink:

If this is like Joecustoms JCW . . .

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=46

Then I'm in. I can send you a copy of my wrestling self custom.

Without saying that I totally ripped off their idea, and plan to expand upon it greatly, yes it is just like that. I wouldn't send anything right away. I want to make sure we have enough people on board before I commit to anything. It wouldn't be much fun with three or four of us going through the same matches over and over. Let's see where this goes once I pimp it out on some other sites.

Of course, like real wrestling, the matches outcome is predetermined for the betterment of the overall storyline.

Wait... Are you saying that wrestling is not real?!? :blink:

Nah. I was refering to wrestling movies. Hence the script writing I was talking about. We all know wrestling is very real.

Sounds fun. I remember when I got kinda out of Joes and more into wrestling I used my Joes as wrestling figures because they were much more poseable. I had a huge display of all my Joes in different moves (torture rack, suplexes, etc). There were a lot of broken crotches thanks to the Boston Crab.

*looks thru parts... mmm.... i could be in, not much of a wrestling fan but i'd love to see my joe me fight some other guys.

*looks thru parts... mmm.... i could be in, not much of a wrestling fan but i'd love to see my joe me fight some other guys.

That's really what I was hoping for. You don't have to be a huge wrestling fan for this to be fun. It would be on ongoing story using Joe related characters that would square off in the ring. There really would be more story aspects than what you see in modern wrestling without overdoing it to the point where there is no action.

Im in! i do have a couple of questions.

1) if your writing the scripts and staging the matches what do we do?

2) i can make a custom wrestler be anything right? it doesnt have to be "me"? or does it have to carry my name?

3) i can pm you and say "make my guy beat revsears guy into dust tonite." and you'll do it? ;)

this whole thing sounds pretty awsome, and if your gonna do the lions share of the work im in for sure!!!!!!

by the way....just kidding rev! who loves ya babe!

TM

We had tried this in the wrestling forum, but we couldn't maintain interest and participation.

Well, that's where I was hoping the Joe part would come into play. It would give someone a chance to support their favorite Joe in the ring, or even submit a custom version of themselves to do battle.

Im in! i do have a couple of questions.

1) if your writing the scripts and staging the matches what do we do?

2) i can make a custom wrestler be anything right? it doesnt have to be "me"? or does it have to carry my name?

3) i can pm you and say "make my guy beat revsears guy into dust tonite." and you'll do it? ;)

this whole thing sounds pretty awsome, and if your gonna do the lions share of the work im in for sure!!!!!!

by the way....just kidding rev! who loves ya babe!

TM

1) I would write the majority of the script, and would always be open to outside participation and ideas. I would welcome your input on who you would like to feud with, what factions you would like to join up with, and even what new and exciting storyline you might be able to come up with. Input is a huge plus, but I would be the one putting together the lion's share of the work since I would be doing the photos and posting what was going on.

2) No, you don't have to have your guy named ToiletMonkey. Unless you want to. Like I said, my guy is Black Cobra. In addition, if you just wanted to be a regular Joe or Cobra member, then that's cool, too. It would be preferred that you chose a character that doesn't have a dozen weapons strapped to them, but if that's who you really want to be, then I'm sure we can work something out.

3) You can always suggest that you want your guy to win. Sometimes I might say, sure, sounds like a great idea. Other times, I might have a much bigger plan that I'm working on, and you might have to do the job on that night to get someone else over. Politics and all that. You know.

I am in!! Mixing custom figures and wrestling is all I needed to hear! Will start digging around and planning parts! So can we have more then one figure? One heel and one face?? Just wondering!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

I am in!! Mixing custom figures and wrestling is all I needed to hear! Will start digging around and planning parts! So can we have more then one figure? One heel and one face?? Just wondering!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!

Two figures per person sounds like a great start. We might eventually add more to help fill out the ranks.

I wanna join but I don't have time to make a custom figure. My brother, JoeRhyno, is supposed to be doing that. Hint, hint.

It doesn't have to be a custom figure. You could pick a Joe or Cobra from the line that you're like to use in place of a custom.