Rare/Obscure figures or characters

pesatyel

Okay we've seen all the "who are your favorites" to be done in 25th style or who do you think should/will be done.

And it tends to be the same characters each time. Buzzer, Beach Head, Viper, Serpentor, Major Bludd, etc.

So if the line continues, which of the more obscure characters do you think you would like to see "updated"?

And, pragmatically speaking, it is doubtful they would get their own molds (but then who knows?) so which of the current figures do you think could work for the character? Given a new head at the least.

effects.jpg

EFFECTS!

TM

YES!!

Then add some badass....

hhstormtroopers.jpg

Headhunter Stormtroopers

Wonder how many Snake Eyes, Storm Shadows & Cobra Commander variations we'd have to endure to even IMAGINE such an effort, to be "worthy" or "marketable"?? ^_^

YES!!

Then add some badass....

hhstormtroopers.jpg

Headhunter Stormtroopers

Wonder how many Snake Eyes, Storm Shadows & Cobra Commander variations we'd have to endure to even IMAGINE such an effort, to be "worthy" or "marketable"?? ^_^

Infinite. I most certainly would prefer a dozen plain white ninjas before I bought some pansy looking all black anf gold clad soldier with a skull for a face and red eyes.

Oh wait a minute...

@hmmm@

@loll@ ya almost HAD me!

Top 10 Figures I'd like to see get the "Classic 25A Figure Design" but probably won't:

1. Headhunter

2. Headhunter Stormtrooper

3. Night Vulture

4. Incinerator

5. Annihilator

6. T.A.R.G.A.T.

7. Crimson Guard Immortal

8. Toxo-Viper ('91 ver.)

9. Mega-Viper

10. Undertow

Of course this trend of the new figures being styled after classic designs from the 80's may only last so long, perhaps a year (maybe two) until Hasbro decides to start making whole brand new looks for many of the core characters. Maybe they'll keep doing a few classic design characters every so often but right now no one knows for sure.

EASY of course mine aren't all the old style guys.

1. barrel Roll, his orginal spytroops design.

2. Kamakura, again with his orginal comic design.

3. Shockwave i don't consider him to be an obscure character, but alot of people do so i thought i'd add him here v1 or night force version, not def please.

4. Hit-n- Run excellent, excellent, superb fig!

5. Dodger, the recent review has really got me intersted in making a custom or something of him.

6. DDP Serpy

7. DDP Overlord

8. Zandar

9. DDP coil zandar

10. Billy, why haven't we got a bily?

darn... i have to keep going

11. Dr. Venom

12. Dr. Knox... wait these never got figs! bout time why not do em now?

13. Quick Kick

14. Mainframe

15. Mayday, another newbie i'd like to see

16. Kwinn artic gear

17. Kwinn in his non artic attire

18. Headhunter stormtrooper

19. DDP Gen. Colton

20. Falcon, does he count as obscure? not to me but it appears he does to hasbro, give me a druggie! nice and v1ish

I'll take one or two of those Storm Troopers, there arere so many obscure characters in Joe, so many choices @hmmm@

Armadillo?

Ice Cream Soldier?

Well, I considered limiting it to the "1986 or earlier" period, like the current line is. But I thought that would be TOO limiting.

I think it is interesting that the Headhunters are so obscure, considering how popular they are on the secondary market.

And I thought about Ice Cream Soldier when I first started the thread. But I thought he worked better as Shock Viper. Besides, the military hasn't really used flamethrowers for a long time, have they?

Well, I considered limiting it to the "1986 or earlier" period, like the current line is. But I thought that would be TOO limiting.

The "1986 or earlier period" thing went out the window the minute we found out Hasbro would be producing the '88 version of Storm Shadow for the 25th. At the very least Hasbro is casting their net up to 1989.

15. Mayday, another newbie i'd like to see

I've been wanting to see her for many years now.

It's like pulling teeth getting new female characters, though we've seen more new faces over the last 4 or 5 years (Bombstrike/G.I.Jane/Munitia).

I was hell bummed when Maydays figure was cancelled, even though it was not a traditional Joe:

Mayday1.jpg

Ooh, let's see now...

I'd like to see Duke version 2, Spearhead & Max, the "talking" Stalker (version?), Firefly version 2, Beach-Head version 2, Leatherneck version 2, Bazooka version 2, Rock Viper, Repeater, Rock'n Roll version 2 (I like the second versions, don't I?) (lol), Mercer, Night Viper, Recondo, ah...I could go on and on...

ya Mayday I would love to see as well!!!! , I was bummed too when they didnt release Mayday, its a pipe dream I know for any of the extreme characters to be made but I would Sooooooo love to see that done.

The "1986 or earlier period" thing went out the window the minute we found out Hasbro would be producing the '88 version of Storm Shadow for the 25th. At the very least Hasbro is casting their net up to 1989.

Oh, right I forgot about that.

Roadpig and Repeater updated would be cool to see!

roadpigft7.png

repeatermv1.png

I can't beleive i forgot mercer. I kinda forget characters i've already got a custom off. I'd really like tons of figs, too many to list really. Hasbro could keep getting my money for years to come. As for mayday i wouldn't mind seeing the extreme design but i'm more refering to the ddp one.

For the Joes: Shockwave, Spearhead, Mayday, Ambush, Mainframe

Cobra: Zanya, Zandar, Overlord, Scarface, Vypra

Others: Billy, Red Ninja, Black Dragon