Promo picture of ML Wave 3

RickCoronel

Guest DavAnthony

Take away the paint washes, shadows and any painted plastic and you will get a closer approximation of what these will look like.

Mmm, I never get hyped over Hasbro's promo images. They just go over board with the 'black wash' look.

Rachel looks 100x better. Those knees still suck, though. One other thing - is anyone else concerned with what kind of hip-articulation she'll have? Did anyone get close enough to the sample at NYCC to, uh, see up her "skirt"? @smilepunch@

As many have stated already, these promo shots are notoriously much better-looking than the packaged product we eventually see on the pegs. Beyond the apparent photoshopping though, the part that bothers me is that the Hydra soldier is shown with double-knees & double-elbows. I think it looks great and have my fingers crossed but, I'm not holding my breath thinking that Hasbro has changed it back from the GI Joe/Star Wars joints we saw on the NYCC sample. That NYCC version looked like a production sample to me, as opposed to the hand/photoshop painted prototype-esque version we see here from Wizard.

One can only hope that what is released resembles these images moreso than what we saw at NYCC...

I have a hard time believing that hasbro would take the handfull of complaints from around the collector fandom and specifically photoshop those fixes into these pictures when they only did color touch ups on the others.

loosing articulation may save some money but hasbro isn't in the business of saving money they are trying to make money, and crappy figures that don't sell do not make money.

now I don't think these pictures are exactly what we are going to get in stores but I bet only the colors change for the actual release( and hopefully racheals knees).

to see see cyclops is not seen so badly, but definitively rachel leaves much to be desired in that photo, the face very extended and the very full body, black knight shines better in convention than this photo and buky and america captain are seen well, very of the 40's, although preferiria that removed to bucky 50 years before turned General winter. the point to favor takes the soldier to it of hydra, when all thinker by fact that never coming on sale surprise to us with this promise for the 2007, maybe leaves ninja the hand and the man of I.A.

So while we do have better female loking figures with the hasbro stuff, the trade off is that we get less articulation in the figures overall. Does anyone else notice that or is it just me?

@loll@ I've noticed that too.

Me 3 :P

Take away the paint washes, shadows and any painted plastic and you will get a closer approximation of what these will look like.
I hate to say that I agree. It's a shame because I'd love this wave if they came out looking like this.

That reminds me. All gripes for the figure aside, did anyone else notice that Emma has a light blue wash on the white in her uniform?

Looks like Hasbro's not completely against washes...

I hate to say that I agree. It's a shame because I'd love this wave if they came out looking like this.

That reminds me. All gripes for the figure aside, did anyone else notice that Emma has a light blue wash on the white in her uniform?

Looks like Hasbro's not completely against washes...

Yes, I do notice that.  I think Hasbro is just not good at painting washes, especially on faces. That's why they just leave out the washes for better QC... @loll@

I have a hard time believing that hasbro would take the handfull of complaints from around the collector fandom and specifically photoshop those fixes into these pictures when they only did color touch ups on the others.

loosing articulation may save some money but hasbro isn't in the business of saving money they are trying to make money, and crappy figures that don't sell do not make money.

now I don't think these pictures are exactly what we are going to get in stores but I bet only the colors change for the actual release( and hopefully racheals knees).

I take it you don't collect other hasbro figures since they have cut corners in the past. For example, they removed the diecast on tf several times and when the joe vs cobra line was new, they removed the o rings.