BBT has pre-orders for GI JOE 25th Anniversary

dblogan

I pre-ordered my GI Joe member set.

Does anyone else think that $28 for 5 figures is a bit much?

As opposed to $25 for five?

-Kevin

When was that? All the last sets have been 6 figures. And the majority of the 6 figure sets sold for $20, with only the last few going for $25, which is still a much better deal. Around $4 a figure is better that around $6 a figure.

they'll be cheaper once they hit retail. thats why i don'y like to buy joes online you pay hasbro..then the store(which usually is more then retail price by a dollar or two) and then you gotta pay for the shipping. and wow! isn't it a bit early to doing a presale?

I also noticed Brian's Toys has them on pre-order for $29.99 with an estimated availability of June 15th.

I did notice the BBTS had the Joe and Cobra 5 packs at $28. So I did a little internet shopping. Entertainment Earth has each set at $32.99 a piece and a three pack of Two GI Joes and one Cobra for around $85. So I picked the less of the two and got the ones at BBTS. I have bought from all three (Brian's Tops, EE and BBTS) and was happier with my experience at BBTS. Although, I bet the damn things will show up in every Wal-fart before they get shipped to me. In that case, I am just going to buy one more cobra set and accept my losses.

Speaking of the Great Capitalistic machine, has anyone heard how far these sets/singles are going to go into the mass Market of Toy sales? I, like a few collectors on the sight, would like to see it go further than just a mere 25 figures. But, I am afraid that if they flood the market, as hasbro has done in the past, we will see these 5 packs in the clearance aisles before Thanksgiving.

depending on the packaging, think they'll be worth it if the packaging is vintage like the SW VOTC figures were.

packaging? i know some of you guys like to collect moc stuff and this is really cool for you but i could care less. send 'em to me in a plastic baggie if it means they'll be cheaper :) not to say that i don't save the open boxes or anything 'cause i do. i never really understood not opening toys. i mean they are ment to be played with :o

depending on the packaging, think they'll be worth it if the packaging is vintage like the SW VOTC figures were.

packaging? i know some of you guys like to collect moc stuff and this is really cool for you but i could care less. send 'em to me in a plastic baggie if it means they'll be cheaper :) not to say that i don't save the open boxes or anything 'cause i do. i never really understood not opening toys. i mean they are ment to be played with :o

I don't collect MOC, but I still liked the retro SW packaging and think it would be really cool if the Joes were the same way too.

I don't collect MOC, but I still liked the retro SW packaging and think it would be really cool if the Joes were the same way too.

Phoenix, that's why you buy multiples! :) So you don't ruin any of your card art, and can just TEAR into one of 'em. :)

-Kevin

I started out as a collector who opened everything and just stored it all in some kinda plastic container. My logic then? It's sitting loose inside the bubble that some factory worker handled at one time, so it was initially loose anyway. It might as well be loose and mint under my own terms. That way I could enjoy opening them, then immediately storing them away to keep mint. Then I thought, "Y'know, someday I'm gonna move, and I'd like to keep all of this stuff sealed until I do. THEN I could open it all at once and directly put it on display." That was about nine years ago. (lol) Since then I've come to appreciate having carded figures I could just check out any time I wanted, and it was fun (anal) for me to pick out mint cards. So for the past so many years, I guess I've been a MOC/MOMC collector. But I always buy multiples of given figures that I really like. It's always fun (anal) for me to have mint, cared figures to look at and enjoy in the same condition they came from the factory in. (lol) It's like a perpetual toy store all the time, looking at all of the boxed and carded toys I have.

I'm planning to buy multiples of all of the anniversary figures. I just enjoy having cool figures mint-on-the-card. Yeah, I know they're toys and they're meant to be played with, but...I don't play with 'em. Not saying that's a BAD thing, it's just not my cup of tea. Do I like to pose 'em? Heck yeah, but I just like to look at them more than anything. Even as a kid I'd set my Joes all up and just...look at them. Yeah, I was a weird kid. (lol) really I didn't want to play with or handle them too much because I wanted even then to keep my toys as mint as possible, even though terms like "mint", "carded" and "MOMC", "MISB" were not in my vocabulary as a kid of course; I was a freakish mint collector even then. (lol)

I'd really like to order my anniversary figures from hasbrotoyshop.com. I've just had wonderful service out of them in the past, and I'd like to guarantee mint packages for these figures. The rest that I plan to open don't necessarily have to be on mint cards, so I'd just as soon hunt for them at retail. That's half the fun y'know, huntin' for it in stores.

are there going to single packs of EVERY 25th aniversary figure?? i am seeing different things all over the place.i really don't want to pay $30 for 5 figures when i really only want 1 or 2 of them.

It hasn't been said one way or the other, but AT THIS TIME, the only figure confirmed to appear in both assortments is the Cobra Trooper. And while Hasbro might repaint some of the figures, there is no guarantee that the figures will reappear EXACTLY as they do in the multipacks.

as anyone heard how far these sets/singles are going to go into the mass Market of Toy sales? I, like a few collectors on the sight, would like to see it go further than just a mere 25 figures. But, I am afraid that if they flood the market, as hasbro has done in the past, we will see these 5 packs in the clearance aisles before Thanksgiving.

Hasbro has only confirmed 25 figures (10 through the multipacks, 15 on single cards), but it is generally believed that the line will continue past that.

Personally, I find it downright infuriating that some are making a fuss over the cost of these sets. We're getting FIVE NEWLY MADE FIGURES for $25, which is less per figure than the single packs. We have no guarantees that these figures will reappear on single cards exactly as they do in the multipack (and of them, I think Baroness and Scarlett are probably NOT going to see reuse for a while to come), and comparing these sets to the TRU RAH sets is downright ridiculous.

The TRU sets were cheap because they WERE cheap, they had NO new tooling at all, nearly all of the accessories were reused and overused, and little effort was given on paint quality aside from making sure the whole set looked semi-coherent. They were glorified repaints while these are first runs of brand new molds.